France outlaws burkas

Ravi

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2008
Hating Hatters
I can understand why they did it...but are they not condemning some women to choosing between their religious beliefs and their ability to leave the house?

:eusa_eh:

No. It's the choice of those people to stay in the house rather than leave based upon their insane religious beliefs. Nobody is forcing them to do anything.

France obviously regrets embracing Islam. What a shame it's too late for them to undo it.

I can understand why they did it...but are they not condemning some women to choosing between their religious beliefs and their ability to leave the house?

Good for france!

You leave out one option, the freedom of leaving france and moving to a muslim country.

Life is a series of choices, some optional, some required. Choose which option best suits you out of the choices available. It's not always fair nor is it alway palatable but it's really that simple.

No problem. A Muslim is under no obligation to follow laws that restrict her freedom of religious expression.

What if they are French citizens?

They still have the freedom to move. Though i would prefer the men wearing the burkas and staying home.
:thup:

Now you're talking!

Seriously, though, I think this is wrong and would hate to see it happen in our country unless it was for a matter of imminent threat to keep men from pretending to be women and blowing things up...no matter what the religion.

No problem. A Muslim is under no obligation to follow laws that restrict her freedom of religious expression.

Yet another excuse for muslims to attack and kill westerners!

Hurrah!

Alternately, another reason for Muslim men to keep their women under lock and key, and beat them for disobedience...

Double hurrah!

What if they are French citizens?

They still have the freedom to move. Though i would prefer the men wearing the burkas and staying home.
:thup:

Now you're talking!

Seriously, though, I think this is wrong and would hate to see it happen in our country unless it was for a matter of imminent threat to keep men from pretending to be women and blowing things up...no matter what the religion.

That thought alone would be enough to ban burkas.

Yet another excuse for muslims to attack and kill westerners!

Hurrah!

Alternately, another reason for Muslim men to keep their women under lock and key, and beat them for disobedience...

Double hurrah!

I could post random, meaningless strings of text and you'd interpret it as "supporting terrorism." Stay crazy. :thup:

It is interesting how you word that Kalam.

How so?
Easy. In your mind, Muslims are fully justified in doing criminal acts simply because of their religion.

Don't get me wrong, this law is unjust...very. I am stunned that is was even proposed, let alone passed. However, it is the law.

Folks can protest it with civil disobedience if they view it unjust, but they better be prepared for the consequences.

Forum List

Back