Mexican Troops demand Marines disarm

Sad that the Government of Mexico( un-official 52nd state, Puerto Rico being the 51st) got involved in what should have been a very proud yet sad moment in the families lives. Bravo the the Marines for holding in their feelings and doing the best they could.
Me has to wonder what the Mexican Officers would have done If the Marines HAD been armed with fully operational/loaded weapons? IMHO the Mexicans took advantage of the situation because THEY KNEW the arms were not operational!

I think everything we do in relationship to mexico should be reconsidered. Everything.

This is truly pathetic on Mexico's part!!! If it wasn't for the U.S and those Marines with their guns,half the people in Mexico probably wouldn't even eat. How dare they interupt the funeral of a Marine that served! If they weren't sitting right next to us geographically,they would probably be toast.

You know, things like this make my wonder if people ( like these mexicans) ever get jumped after they do stupid things like that? Do you think that maybe those Marines went and beat them up after the day was done? Im almost certain they thought about it.

Originally posted by Semper Fi
You know, things like this make my wonder if people ( like these mexicans) ever get jumped after they do stupid things like that? Do you think that maybe those Marines went and beat them up after the day was done? Im almost certain they thought about it.

I got a smile on my face thinking about it,Semper!!!:) :D

Originally posted by Semper Fi

I'm sure they were thinking about kicking some ass the instant they were interupted, let alone later.

The thing is, we don't treat people like that here in America, but these arrogant bastards sure like to treat Americans like shit anywhere outside our country. Unless your licking their ass trashing America all while your in their country... like mickey moore, or the dixie sluts, or hanoi jane, etc., etc., etc..

SAN LUIS DE LA PAZ, Mexico (AP) -- Mexican soldiers with automatic weapons interrupted the July 4 funeral of a U.S. Marine and demanded the Marine honor guard give up ceremonial replicas of rifles they carried.

Hundreds of friends and relatives packed a small cemetery for the funeral on Sunday of 22-year-old Juan Lopez, who was born in this sun-scorched farming town, immigrated to Dalton, Georgia, as a teenager and became a Marine.

1. This was the ASSOCIATED PRESS.

-Totally biased liberal media.

2. This was in MEXICO.

They aren't the US.

Everyone knows that Mexico has cops who are -for the MOST part- on SOMEONES payroll other than government.

Why is everyone so surprised and upset?

If a funeral was to be expected to remain intact, only an idiot would have it anywhere other than the US.

Yeah but he was origionally from Mexico. I would want to be buried in my home country (in my case, America). Theres no reason why a bunch of Mexicans need to harrass a funeral.

On other terms, I think they made their country look bad. Their government sends in soldiers to disrupt a funeral. So who wants to go to Mexico, now? Be careful, you may get shot at if your shoes are untied.

Originally posted
While the funeral demonstrated the close human ties of Mexico and the United States, problems began moments after the start.

Close ties? Yeesh. Like the close ties between a master and a slave. Man. So we're Mexico's bitch now? Great.

We should have a division or two deployed on our Mexican border anyway. Let's see some Mexican soldiers do something about that! :finger:

Two divisions may be overkill. In my opinion, we should hand that over to the commandant of the Coast Gaurd. I do believe that borders should be patrolled religiously, and we should be on overkill standby to blitz into Mexico in the event of a harrassment of any soldier or citizen of America. Not to sieze total control, but to let them know we arent kidding.

its sad they pulled that at the funeral.... whatever concern they had should have been quietly taken care of after the funeral was over and the family of the deceased had taken leave.

I'd like to point out that this behavior isn't indicative of all of mexico's military forces. When the wife and I go to an island off the coast of cancun, the mexican navy folks out there are extremely polite and courteous.

I bet those Marines could've won with just the fake rifles, but they didn't want to whoop 'em so soundly that they'd call in reinforcements. Hoorah!

Yup. The Marines could have taken them anyday. That shows what a better fighting force we have: we can mentally restrain ourselves from assaulting. The mexicans cant. :p:

Forum List

Back