Mexican drug cartels need to be designated as terrorists

Originally posted by Xchel
Heavy handed approach is what we need when it comes to the Gulf Cartel and Zetas they are murdering people right and left in Mexico and Central America, it isn't funny anymore...

I agree entirely...

Mexico needs to crack down on the drug cartels even harder than it already does. The mexican government/society cannot tolerate that criminal organisations exert control over Northern Mexico, over the border region like FARC did in Colombia for decades (and still does). This scenario where criminal groups practically replace the presence of the state in large swaths of a given country is beyond absurd anywhere in the world. And Calderón needs to stop blaming the US for his failures to erradicate or at least expel the cartels from mexican territory (no surprise here, putting the blame on others is what most politicians do).

As long as Mexico fights these mafia-like organisations it doesn't really matter what it calls them, terrorists or what they really are, criminal organisations. It's just a matter of names.

But you are missing LilOlLady's point entirely. She wants the US government (not the mexican government) to declare the cartels "terrorist organisations" so that the US military has an official excuse to invade Mexico.

Originally posted by LilOlLady
If they were declared terrorist then maybe we could go after them as we go after terrorist.

There you have it, Xchel... straight from the mouth of the "beast". :D

There's a world of difference between the mexican government fighting the drug cartels and the US using the "terrorist" label as an excuse to violate Mexico's sovereignty.

The former is a necessity the latter is an outrage.

That you are a latino is NO news to me. Why else would you be so damn sensitive about any subject that has to do with Mexico??? One does not have to be an Einstein. The reality is that the drug cartels are considered terrorists. I often wonder why Mexico is bound and determined to cut off their nose to spite their face. Can you tell me that Jose?

consider the possibility that even we do declare the Mexican mafia terrorists that won't much change the situation.

So then we'd invade Mexico.

Then we'd get into another "nation building" exercise.

Meanwhile the same profit motive would still be in effect.

You cannot DEFEAT drug cartels by POLICE, not even military police.

That only makes them richer and stronger.

You'd think after 40 years of this shit some of you nimrods would get it!

Editec, if you are talking about drug legalization, I agree with you. Mexico already legalized drugs.

Angelhair, being latino does not necesarily make a person sensitive about Mexico. I am Latina, but also Cherokee Indian as well. A person being latino*a* does not mean that person was born in or has anything to do with Mexico. That said some of us get tired of the invade Mexico shit, it is ridiculous on its face. Some of us also get tired of always being accused of being illegal immigrants simply because we are brown or for that matter being accused of being an immigrant at all.

Editec, if you are talking about drug legalization, I agree with you. Mexico already legalized drugs.

Angelhair, being latino does not necesarily make a person sensitive about Mexico. I am Latina, but also Cherokee Indian as well. A person being latino*a* does not mean that person was born in or has anything to do with Mexico. That said some of us get tired of the invade Mexico shit, it is ridiculous on its face. Some of us also get tired of always being accused of being illegal immigrants simply because we are brown or for that matter being accused of being an immigrant at all.

In agreement and understood - but - Jose does get overly sensitive when people criticize Mexico. You also have to understand that many in this country also get tired of the 'you stole this land from us and we will get it back' rhetoric. The being accused of being illegal simply because of brown skin is just ignorance by a few that might think that way. As for being an immigrant, I would say that is the fault of those in this country who love to claim that 'everybody here is an immigrant' which is not true. To be an immigrant one has to have come here from another place and many were BORN here therefore are not immigrants. Maybe americans should be more careful of their phraseology.

All illegal aliens are terrorists to America financial or otherwise. They should all be eradicated ASAP!!!
----

"Illegal aliens cost U.S. taxpayers more than $100 billion each year.
Undocumented workers leave taxpayers with a fat bill, considering that the government spends money on the workers, and they almost never pay income taxes. Illegal immigration clearly demonstrates that it is a burden on the American taxpayer."

Illegal Immigrants Cost U.S. $100 Billion per Year, Conservative Group Says About Illegal Immigration - ABC News

The government is trying to hide the fact that they have been making us, the taxpayers pay for their cheap labor favors for their big business partners. We the taxpayers are paying to destroy ourselves as directed by our slave master big government. The politicians are nothing but a bunch of ruthless SLAVERS! THROW THE BUMS OUT NOW!
----

In 2007, legal and illegal aliens cost the federal government more than $346 BILLION dollars and the U.S. taxpayers paid more than $ 9,000. for each immigrant in the country!
http://www.esrresearch.com/Rubensteinreport.pdf

Forum List

Back