Men Of All Ages Find Mid-20's Women Attractive

Why do you keep trying to emasculate me, is it to compensate for the tinder dryness you suffer? My wife agrees with me, but neither of us see much benefit in violating social graces and popping the egos of her friends. I have no problem in saying that fat women shouldn't wear tights in public but that doesn't mean I'm going to go up to a fat woman wearing tights and tell that to her face.

There's a difference between holding and stating a position and between personalizing a position.

Matters were better back in the day when women accepted reality rather than taking propaganda lessons from leftists and trying to reinvent reality. Women enter adulthood rich, they're young and pretty and desired by men. Women have a depreciating asset. Men enter adulthood poor. The poor men are overlooked by the rich women. That's life. Men accept it. Women have trouble with it but they used to accept it and customs and outlook and behavior were modeled so that they were in accord with reality.

Dude, you're emasculating yourself.

You spoke of being "silenced" and then admitted that you can't say something to your wife's single girlfriends.

Sorry, I married someone who speaks his mind, and I am friends with those who can take it.

Apparently I have more well-honed social graces than your husband.

Don't forget, I apparently also have friends who aren't so overly sensitive.

But stop bitching about being silenced!

You can't make out that you're victimized by some feminist conspiracy, when you're willing to silence yourself.

By the way, I don't know if you've heard, but a person can speak their mind without being rude. It happens all the time. I mean, if these 30- and 40-something year-old women who have the nerve to feel attractive bother you so much. You could clearly and calmly state that science is not on their side. You could explain that men don't want them, they want women in their mid-twenties.

Yeah, that's it.

It's useful to state aloud what used to be common knowledge throughout history but which feminists and liberals are trying to silence.

That the women in question being mid twenties does not prevent you from lusting after somebody a decade your senior?

Don't forget, I apparently also have friends who aren't so overly sensitive.

When a male friend is big-talking his snowboarding prowess in a small group, I listen politely and don't tell him he's a putz and a klutz and embarrass him. If some old dude shows up with a hairpiece I'm not going to drop everything and scream out "Look everyone, Bill is wearing a wig."

But stop bitching about being silenced!

I'm not bitching, you asked me a question and I answered. I suspect I know what bee has gotten into your bonnet and what's motivating you to lash out with such emotion.

You can't make out that you're victimized by some feminist conspiracy, when you're willing to silence yourself.

Does it look like I'm being silenced? I'm pointing out that I don't want to insult my wife's friends when they seek external validation for their own insecurities. I'm quite happy to pop female insecurities in a generalized manner.

By the way, I don't know if you've heard, but a person can speak their mind without being rude. It happens all the time. I mean, if these 30- and 40-something year-old women who have the nerve to feel attractive bother you so much. You could clearly and calmly state that science is not on their side. You could explain that men don't want them, they want women in their mid-twenties.

No one needs science to rebut them, reality is fine. Science is just nice to use because of the authority attached to it.

The problem here is female insecurity being socialized onto public space and being reliant on people's good manners to accept it. That insecurity should be a private matter for women to deal with, don't push it out onto the public and then interpret their silence as assent. This is just bad manners.

It's useful to state aloud what used to be common knowledge throughout history but which feminists and liberals are trying to silence.

Absolutely. It insults the intelligence of people to have to remain silent while stupid things are being claimed.

Every man who wants peace in his life has to remain silent when he hears his wife's single friends telling each other that 35 is the new 25 or that they're hotter at 35 than they were at 25. I never hear guys saying that their hair is thicker at 35 than at 25 or that they're fitter at 35 than they were at 25. What they do say though is that they're more attractive, which is true.

Does it look like I'm being silenced?

:oops-28:

Every man who wants peace in his life has to remain silent when he hears his wife's single friends telling each other that 35 is the new 25 or that they're hotter at 35 than they were at 25. I never hear guys saying that their hair is thicker at 35 than at 25 or that they're fitter at 35 than they were at 25. What they do say though is that they're more attractive, which is true.

Last night whilst mr. boe and I were have dinner al fresco at a local restaurant, we couldn't help but overhear the conversation of two women sitting next to us.

The gist of the discussion was that the older, fatter one droned on and on about how she was being true to "her authentic self" by separating "being loving" from "eroticism". Her husband of 30 years "objectifies" her whenever he looks at her, so she has been living in their guest house. She finds it liberating to be able to walk around without being "looked at and objectified" by her husband. Now, when she goes into the main house, he doesn't look at her, which makes her feel true to her "authentic self" and significantly less "objectified".

mr. boe, god love him, quietly whispered to me "apparently her authentic self is a sex hating harridan".

It's only a matter of time before the Objectifying husband finds a hot 23 year old, imo.

Absolutely. It insults the intelligence of people to have to remain silent while stupid things are being claimed.

Does it look like I'M being silenced? I'm making an observation in the general and I'm answering your question to me in the particular. I will though walk back my claim a bit. Social graces do silence me but I'm choosing to be polite and silent rather than rude and free.

Last night whilst mr. boe and I were have dinner al fresco at a local restaurant, we couldn't help but overhear the conversation of two women sitting next to us.

The gist of the discussion was that the older, fatter one droned on and on about how she was being true to "her authentic self" by separating "being loving" from "eroticism". Her husband of 30 years "objectifies" her whenever he looks at her, so she has been living in their guest house. She finds it liberating to be able to walk around without being "looked at and objectified" by her husband. Now, when she goes into the main house, he doesn't look at her, which makes her feel true to her "authentic self" and significantly less "objectified".

mr. boe, god love him, quietly whispered to me "apparently her authentic self is a sex hating harridan".

It's only a matter of time before the Objectifying husband finds a hot 23 year old, imo.

The feminist-speak is just nauseating to read. If I was a woman I think I'd be thrilled that my husband of 30 years is still hot to have sex with me.

The feminist-speak is just nauseating to read. If I was a woman I think I'd be thrilled that my husband of 30 years is still hot to have sex with me.

But what about you Authentic Self?

I admit that I'm not up on my feminist-lingo and I don't know what that means. When I read the phrase "Authentic Self" my mind just substitutes "stupid shit" and I move on in the paragraph. Am I missing something that "stupid shit" doesn't cover?

I admit that I'm not up on my feminist-lingo and I don't know what that means. When I read the phrase "Authentic Self" my mind just substitutes "stupid shit" and I move on in the paragraph. Am I missing something that "stupid shit" doesn't cover?

AUTHENTIC stupid shit, fo shizzle.

Or a hot 50 year old.

;)

IMHO

Last edited:

Does it look like I'M being silenced? I'm making an observation in the general and I'm answering your question to me in the particular. I will though walk back my claim a bit. Social graces do silence me but I'm choosing to be polite and silent rather than rude and free.

So, you're being polite while tens of thousands of women walk around daring to feel sexy in their thirties?

C'mon, this is too important (apparently) for manners! Be rude. Dispel those delusions!

This thread makes you look a bit like a misogynist, but I'm afraid it would be rude to point it out.

So, you're being polite while tens of thousands of women walk around daring to feel sexy in their thirties?

C'mon, this is too important (apparently) for manners! Be rude. Dispel those delusions!

This thread makes you look a bit like a misogynist, but I'm afraid it would be rude to point it out.

I don't need to dispel those delusions, SCIENCE has done the job for me.

If you think that this makes me look like a misogynist then you're simply a little hot-house flower. I can't relate to liberals who live in fear of how people see them. I refrain from speaking bluntly because I don't want to hurt my wife's friends, not because I cower at them thinking I don't like women.

Notice how you've shifted the topic from men being most attracted to women in their twenties to women feeling sexy in their thirties. I understand that you're desperately trying to cling to your retreating youth and the illusion that you're still attractive, but that's not the issue, the issue is are you now more attractive, or just as attractive, as you were when you were 22. Your own insecurities are best dealt with privately rather than being thrust into the public sphere in a quest for affirmation of the belief that you're still a hot tamale.

I don't need to dispel those delusions, SCIENCE has done the job for me.

If you think that this makes me look like a misogynist then you're simply a little hot-house flower. I can't relate to liberals who live in fear of how people see them. I refrain from speaking bluntly because I don't want to hurt my wife's friends, not because I cower at them thinking I don't like women.

Notice how you've shifted the topic from men being most attracted to women in their twenties to women feeling sexy in their thirties. I understand that you're desperately trying to cling to your retreating youth and the illusion that you're still attractive, but that's not the issue, the issue is are you now more attractive, or just as attractive, as you were when you were 22. Your own insecurities are best dealt with privately rather than being thrust into the public sphere in a quest for affirmation of the belief that you're still a hot tamale.

You've decided that women needed to know (from SCIENCE) that men are attracted to women in their mid-20s.

Your motivation has gone from dispelling feminist myths, to breaking some conspiracy of silence. Now, you say, "I can't relate to liberals who live in fear of how people see them. I refrain from speaking bluntly because I don't want to hurt my wife's friends...." without an appreciable trace of irony.

As far as my own youth, I was born old. Ask anyone who knows me. I can deal. And if I was any kind of plant, I'd be a weed. Ask anyone who knows me.

Considering how this discussion has evolved, I'm going to cross-fertilize this thread with this comment:

This is one seriously deluded woman:

It’s this logic that has most of my 30-something guy friends dating girls fresh out of college. Girls who, in my experience, are less impressive, less striving, less volatile, less successful, less intimidating, less questioning, less pressing, less complex, less damaged, less opinionated, less powerful, less womanly. They are less, and, to a guy not ready for anything -- like most of the guys I have dated in New York -- less is more.

A 30-year-old woman is an undertaking, and it’s the real reason why Alex has been putting me on the backburner for the last two months, telling me I’m amazing and that he’s interested and then disappearing to hang out with a 23-year-old instead. Age ain’t nothing but a number, until it’s a number someone else doesn’t want to deal with.
A woman having an impressive social standing isn't that important to men. A woman who is more intimidating (?) is not important to men. A complex women is just a headache for men. Same with an opinionated broad.

Where she really goes off the rails is with her belief that men want a more damaged woman and that men find younger women to be less womanly. Um, no sweety. Younger women are more womanly and feminine and attractive than older women. Women with less baggage and less drama are desired by men. She's right, a 30 year old woman is an undertaking. Who wants that job? Men want romance to be fun, not an undertaking.

What's really screwy here is that she expects men to put in more effort now that she's older and more damaged than they did when she was younger and a prize actually worth fighting for. Someone has been feeding this woman a line of bull - likely another embittered feminist long past her prime - and this writer bought into the agitprop, hook, line and sinker.

Time for her to settle down with her feline life partner and make the best of the road she's taken.
Feminism seems to work at creating an imaginary world for women to live in and as time progresses the imaginary world starts to crumble from the repeated onslaught of reality bashing at the gates.

Related:

FORTY may be the new 30, but try telling that to your ovaries.

With long brown hair and come-hither curves, Melissa Foss looks — and feels — fabulous at 41. “I’ve spent hours of my life and a lot of money making sure I was healthy, and that my hair was shiny, my teeth were white and my complexion clear,” said Ms. Foss, a magazine editor in New York City.

So when it came to conceiving a child with her husband, a marketing executive, Ms. Foss wasn’t at all worried. After all, she noted, those same traits of youth and beauty “are all the hallmarks of fertility.”

Fifteen unsuccessful rounds of in vitro fertilization later, Ms. Foss now realizes that appearances can be deceiving. “I’d based a lot of my self-worth on looking young and fertile, and to have that not be the case was really depressing and shocking,” she said. The couple are now trying to have a baby with the help of a surrogate and a donor egg.

Advances in beauty products and dermatology, not to mention manic devotion to yoga, Pilates and other exercise obsessions, are making it possible for large numbers of women to look admirably younger than their years. But doctors fear that they are creating a widening disconnect between what women see in the mirror and what’s happening to their reproductive organs. . . . .

“I watch what I eat, I don’t drink, I take extremely good care of myself, and I come from a very fertile family,” said Fruzsina Keehn, 45, a designer of high-end jewelry in San Francisco and New York, who has tried to conceive with the help of in vitro fertilization eight times in the last two years. Later this month, she will try once again with a donor egg. “Everyone in my life told me how young I looked for my age,” she said. “I assumed it was the same on the inside as it was on the outside.”

The unreality is reinforced by Hollywood, much to the growing dismay of many obstetricians and gynecologists. Not only are stars in their 40s now celebrated as bona fide sex symbols (Julia Roberts, Halle Berry, Salma Hayek, the list goes on), but judging from media coverage, they seem to be reproducing like rabbits.

“All women see is celebrities over 40 getting pregnant,” lamented Shari Brasner, a New York obstetrician and gynecologist.​

And look at what happened when some physicians wanted to inject some reality into the feminist bubble-universe:

But even as doctors began to try to get the word out, they ran into resistance of all kinds.

In hopes of raising women's awareness, asrm [American Society for Reproductive Medicine] launched a modest $60,000 ad campaign last fall, with posters and brochures warning that factors like smoking, weight problems and sexually transmitted infections can all harm fertility. But the furor came with the fourth warning, a picture of a baby bottle shaped like an hourglass: "Advancing age decreases your ability to have children." The physicians viewed this as a public service, given the evidence of widespread confusion about the facts, but the group has come under fire for scaring women with an oversimplified message on a complex subject. "The implication is, 'I have to hurry up and have kids now or give up on ever having them,'" says Kim Gandy, president of the National Organization for Women. "And that is not true for the vast majority of women." Gandy, 48, had her first child at 39. "It was a choice on my part, but in most ways it really wasn't. It's not like you can create out of whole cloth a partner you want to have a family with and the economic and emotional circumstances that allow you to be a good parent. So to put pressure on young women to hurry up and have kids when they don't have those other factors in place really does a disservice to them and to their kids."

To emphasize a woman's age above all other factors can be just one more piece of misleading information, Gandy suggests. "There are two people involved [in babymaking], and yet we're putting all the responsibility on women and implying that women are being selfish if they don't choose to have children early." She shares the concern that women will hear the research and see the ads and end up feeling it is so hard to strike a balance that it's futile to even try. "There is an antifeminist agenda that says we should go back to the 1950s," says Caryl Rivers, a journalism professor at Boston University. "The subliminal message is, 'Don't get too educated; don't get too successful or too ambitious.'" Allison Rosen, a clinical psychologist in New York City who has made it her mission to make sure her female patients know the fertility odds, disagrees. "This is not a case of male doctors' wanting to keep women barefoot and pregnant," she says. "You lay out the facts, and any particular individual woman can then make her choices." Madsen of A.I.A. argues that the biological imperative is there whether women know it or not. "I cringe when feminists say giving women reproductive knowledge is pressuring them to have a child," she says. "That's simply not true. Reproductive freedom is not just the ability not to have a child through birth control. It's the ability to have one if and when you want one."​

Feminism is simply about having choices, nothing more and nothing less. Of course women should have correct medical information when it comes to having babies. But they shouldn't be told to start at 16 or risk being a spinster for life.

Your first example is a waste of time. She's neurotic, she thinks she's got something to say, and she said it. Not a feminist role model, nor is she a deep thinker.

Feminism is simply about having choices, nothing more and nothing less. Of course women should have correct medical information when it comes to having babies. But they shouldn't be told to start at 16 or risk being a spinster for life.

Recall Princeton Mom?

"Think about it," she writes in the piece, entitled "A Little Valentine's Day Straight Talk."

"If you spend the first 10 years out of college focused entirely on building your career, when you finally get around to looking for a husband you'll be in your 30s, competing with women in their 20s. That's not a competition in which you're likely to fare well."

But the sage advice doesn't stop there. "If you want to have children, your biological clock will be ticking loud enough to ward off any potential suitors," she warns. "Don't let it get to that point."
The feminist hordes went nutso on her, so please, no one is buying the notion that feminism is about choices.

You just have to wait and eventually Short Stack will contradict himself or say something that nobody will cosign.

Science!!!!!

Straight men of all ages tend to have their romantic sights set on women in their mid-twenties, while women prefer men who are about the same age as they are, according to a new study.

The survey out Friday, financed by the government-backed research funding group Academy of Finland, gathered data on 12,000 Finns and found that women, on average, are looking for partners who are about their age or slightly older. But men across the age spectrum have a sexual preference for women in their mid-20s. This remains true for men of all ages—men in their early-20s or younger are attracted to women older than themselves and older men are attracted to younger women.​
Younger women make men feel younger, as they age. Pretty simple. They need and enjoy the stimulus, then graduate to blue pills. Men who like long hair on women is for the same reason. It makes the man feel younger.

I have always had a preference for older men. :thup:

Recall Princeton Mom?

"Think about it," she writes in the piece, entitled "A Little Valentine's Day Straight Talk."

"If you spend the first 10 years out of college focused entirely on building your career, when you finally get around to looking for a husband you'll be in your 30s, competing with women in their 20s. That's not a competition in which you're likely to fare well."

But the sage advice doesn't stop there. "If you want to have children, your biological clock will be ticking loud enough to ward off any potential suitors," she warns. "Don't let it get to that point."
The feminist hordes went nutso on her, so please, no one is buying the notion that feminism is about choices.

I don't recall her. It doesn't look like she was offering "sage advice." It looks like she was giving an updated version of the speech that education shrinks a woman's uterus, "career" is a form of penis envy, and men don't make passes at girls who wear glasses.

Forum List

Back