Memorial Day Truth

"After the Spanish American War of 1898 in the Philippines, the U.S. army used waterboarding, called the 'water cure' at the time. It is not clear where this practice came from; it probably was adopted from the Filipinos, who themselves adopted it from the Spanish.[105] Reports of 'cruelties' from soldiers stationed in the Philippines led to Senate hearings on U.S. activity there."

IMHO, this is just another war for empire that can't be fought without resorting to cruel, inhuman and degrading methods. It would stop tomorrow if the rich were required to risk their lives and the lives of their children first.

Waterboarding - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Ahh..Class warfare...
Your opinion is duly noted.
I suppose you've never noticed how some people get filthy rich from wars they never fight in?
All war is class war.

So you just want to take what is not yours , and what you have no right to in the first place, without having to go through all that trouble, got it.

It's too much work to establish Justice and maintain it, besides that contradicts your Mandate, Comrade. Just send out the drones to assassinate when anyone gets too bothersome, it's so much neater than interrogating someone, huh.

Your ways are so much better than ours, Jackass that you are. I am still not over What you implied about American POW's from the Vietnam War. You are really one big pile of shit, dude. Fuck Off.

And it isn't torture.
Have you tried it?

Do you believe it's "cruel, inhuman, or degrading treatment or punishment.?"

No I haven't, but I know lots of guys who have.

No.
Hope you never find out what it feels like.

"Water boarding has been around for centuries. It was a common interrogation technique during the Italian Inquisition of the 1500s and was used perhaps most famously in Cambodian prisons during the reign of the Khmer Rouge regime during the 1970s.

"As late as November 2005, water boarding was on the CIA's list of approved 'enhanced interrogation techniques' intended for use against high-value terror suspects.

"And according to memos released by the U.S. Department of Justice in April 2009, water boarding was among 10 torture techniques authorized for the interrogation of an al-Qaida operative. In a nutshell, water boarding makes a person feel like he is drowning."

HowStuffWorks "What is water boarding?"

Have you tried it?

No.

"Water boarding has been around for centuries. It was a common interrogation technique during the Italian Inquisition of the 1500s and was used perhaps most famously in Cambodian prisons during the reign of the Khmer Rouge regime during the 1970s.

"As late as November 2005, water boarding was on the CIA's list of approved 'enhanced interrogation techniques' intended for use against high-value terror suspects.

"And according to memos released by the U.S. Department of Justice in April 2009, water boarding was among 10 torture techniques authorized for the interrogation of an al-Qaida operative. In a nutshell, water boarding makes a person feel like he is drowning."

And I hope you choke nearly to death on another gallon of jism. What does that have to do with anything you sub-moron piece of shit?

Have you tried it?

No.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Efh_6_-tHgY]Torture Session: Christopher Hitchens On The Waterboard - YouTube[/ame]
[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=0q_2ESw2k2c[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll concede that it is torture. However, scumbag terrorists who don't play by the rules of war deserve to be tortured.
Care to state your definitions of "terror" and "torture"?

Torture is reading the crap you write on USMB. Terror is thinking that there might be more than one that thinks like you do. Bear in mind, without those who gave their lives for this country.... you wouldn't have the freedom to regurgitate your bullshit.
War is a Racket.

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

"It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives.

"A racket is best described, I believe, as something that is not what it seems to the majority of the people. Only a small "inside" group knows what it is about. It is conducted for the benefit of the very few, at the expense of the very many. Out of war a few people make huge fortunes."

Please tell us all the sacrifices you've personally made for freedom.

Ever heard of Pat Tillman Sr...let me quote:

"Fuck you and yours."

It shows.

"Waterboarding can cause extreme pain, dry drowning, damage to lungs, brain damage from oxygen deprivation..."

My son has had it done to him twice...it's mandatory when training with SF. He said he was very "uncomfortable", and he could see how you would THINK your were going to die, especially if it's being done by the enemy....but he's no worse off because of it.

Actually i think we should do the same to them as they would do to us...and that's much worse than waterboarding!
How many children have "they" murdered for money in Michigan?
HUH?!!!
You are now out of gas. You lost this one and you lost BIG.

Water boarding is cool!
Maybe Dick Cheney should try it?

You should think about the terrorists that were caught and the terrorist acts that were stopped because of the tactics you left over peacenik commie fucks abhor.
You people have the temerity to demand freedom then criticize the methods by which that freedom is provided.
You cannot have it both ways, comrade.
So freedom comes from torture and terrorism, is that right?
Sounds like common sense...for fascists.

Water boarding is cool!

And it isn't torture.

According to those involved in the enhanced interrogation, the terrorist suspects had practiced water boarding as part of their training. They laughed as the water boarding was carried out, at times even holding up their hands to visably count the seconds with their fingers. They knew how long it would last and the smirk never left their face. They thought it was funny, yet the liberals cry as if we actually harmed them. We didn't even scare them.

The terrorists don't bother with idle threats, they simply maim or kill victims simply because they are infidels or they want to send us a message. They know we are after information to save lives and they are well trained to endure any method we have. The liberals would prefer we don't even try and simply treat them with kid gloves and ensure they lawyer up with the best the left has to offer. I think they secretly hope that terrorist suspects will walk, or better yet, get offered a settlement for having to endure circumstances that are child's play compared to what they are capable of.

"Facing the truth is hard to do, especially the truth about ourselves.

"So Americans have been sorely pressed to come to terms with the fact that after 9/11 our government began to torture people, and did so in defiance of domestic and international law.

"Most of us haven’t come to terms with what that meant, or means today, but we must reckon with torture, the torture done in our name, allegedly for our safety.

"It’s no secret such cruelty occurred; it’s just the truth we’d rather not think about.

"But Memorial Day is a good time to make the effort.

On Memorial Day Weekend, America Reckons with Torture | Common Dreams

Recently the current president of Brazil who was imprisoned and tortured repeatedly by the military dictators who ruled her country for 25 years has commented on Brazil's commission investigating the dictatorship: "'We are not moved by revenge, hate or a desire to rewrite history. The need to know the full truth is what moves us.'"

"In other words, 'You shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.'"

the only people 'reckoning' with this today are dopes who live the thwe proggie bubble that feel today of all days is a good day to burp this shit up like they are revealing some great truth, truth is they need the audience of the other bubble heads who also lack class, taste, but posses the similar over abundance of diffidence that requires a holiday to get attention.
Have you been drinking?

Tell me if this qualifies as terror:

"Case in point. Article 54 of the Geneva Conventions clearly states that destroying or rendering useless items essential to the survival of civilian populations is illegal under international law and a war crime.

"Hard then to explain the 1991 US bombing of electrical grids that powered 1,410 water-treatment plants for Iraq's 22 million people. An excerpt from a 1998 US Air Force document, entitled 'Strategic Attack,' chillingly explains: 'The electrical attacks proved extremely effective ... The loss of electricity shut down the capital's water treatment plants and led to a public health crisis from raw sewage dumped in the Tigris River.'

"A second US Defense Intelligence Agency document, 1991's 'Iraq Water Treatment Vulnerabilities,' predicted how sanctions would then be used to prevent Iraq from getting the equipment and chemicals necessary for water purification, which would result in 'a shortage of pure drinking water for much of the population' leading to 'increased incidences, if not epidemics, of disease.'"

"So basically, in defiance of international law, the United States knowingly destroyed Iraq's water supply, then for the past eleven years(12/2/02) has prevented the contaminated drinking water from being treated, even though it was obvious those most affected would be millions of citizens doomed to preventable disease and death. If that's not a material breach, what is?"

Material Breach: US Crimes in Iraq

I'll concede that it is torture. However, scumbag terrorists who don't play by the rules of war deserve to be tortured.
Care to state your definitions of "terror" and "torture"?

Well it's a complex issue, but I'll break it down for ya. I'll do terror then when you answer my questions, I'll break down torture, deal?

Terror is using any means to scare people to do what you want. Is that simple enough? now terrorist is a little different, because of the context. normally it would be anyone who employs terror, but see Right thinking people (key word thinking) understand the difference between just anyone who employs terror (such as a rapist) and a crazy jihadist muslim that uses any convienent excuse to kill jews and americans (ie terrorist) and does so with any means, INCLUDING.....drumroll please.......TORTURE!!!!! So in essence we are killing people who torture, so you should be happy!!!
Terror pure and simple enough for dittos to grasp (thanks for the link)

"Case in point. Article 54 of the Geneva Conventions clearly states that destroying or rendering useless items essential to the survival of civilian populations is illegal under international law and a war crime.

"Hard then to explain the 1991 US bombing of electrical grids that powered 1,410 water-treatment plants for Iraq's 22 million people. An excerpt from a 1998 US Air Force document, entitled 'Strategic Attack,' chillingly explains: 'The electrical attacks proved extremely effective ... The loss of electricity shut down the capital's water treatment plants and led to a public health crisis from raw sewage dumped in the Tigris River.'

"A second US Defense Intelligence Agency document, 1991's 'Iraq Water Treatment Vulnerabilities,' predicted how sanctions would then be used to prevent Iraq from getting the equipment and chemicals necessary for water purification, which would result in 'a shortage of pure drinking water for much of the population' leading to 'increased incidences, if not epidemics, of disease.'"

"So basically, in defiance of international law, the United States knowingly destroyed Iraq's water supply, then for the past eleven years has prevented the contaminated drinking water from being treated, even though it was obvious those most affected would be millions of citizens doomed to preventable disease and death..."

Nothing complex about premeditated destruction of civilian infrastructure designed to generate "increased incidences, if not epidemics, of disease." How would you feel if foreign terrorists brought that kind of happiness to your hood?

"Facing the truth is hard to do, especially the truth about ourselves.

"So Americans have been sorely pressed to come to terms with the fact that after 9/11 our government began to torture people, and did so in defiance of domestic and international law.

"Most of us haven’t come to terms with what that meant, or means today, but we must reckon with torture, the torture done in our name, allegedly for our safety.

"It’s no secret such cruelty occurred; it’s just the truth we’d rather not think about.

"But Memorial Day is a good time to make the effort.

On Memorial Day Weekend, America Reckons with Torture | Common Dreams

Recently the current president of Brazil who was imprisoned and tortured repeatedly by the military dictators who ruled her country for 25 years has commented on Brazil's commission investigating the dictatorship: "'We are not moved by revenge, hate or a desire to rewrite history. The need to know the full truth is what moves us.'"

"In other words, 'You shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.'"

the only people 'reckoning' with this today are dopes who live the thwe proggie bubble that feel today of all days is a good day to burp this shit up like they are revealing some great truth, truth is they need the audience of the other bubble heads who also lack class, taste, but posses the similar over abundance of diffidence that requires a holiday to get attention.
Have you been drinking?

Tell me if this qualifies as terror:

"So basically, in defiance of international law, the United States knowingly destroyed Iraq's water supply, then for the past eleven years(12/2/02) has prevented the contaminated drinking water from being treated, even though it was obvious those most affected would be millions of citizens doomed to preventable disease and death. If that's not a material breach, what is?"

According to your sub-retarded and highly dishonest reading, that would preclude bombing electricity generating stations in time of war on the supposition that those stations are required for the civilian population to stay alive.

:cuckoo:

You aren't just dishonest, you're fucking stupid as shit.

So what you're saying is we bombed water treatment plants in 1991 so we could use more bombs and fund the military industrial complex? Could I get a link on that one, I cant wait to see the source.
I mean you keep spouting this academic liberal crap. Most people call it propaganda.
Most people on the right call what I'm spouting propaganda.
Most on the left would apply the same label to your posts.
Tell me what source you would consider credible regarding US bombing of Iraqi water treatment plants?

The Fire This Time is where I first found this material.

"This book is an angry although measured polemical outcry over the U.S. 'great victory' in the Gulf War of 1991. Ramsey Clark, former U.S. Attorney-General and long-time international peace activist, asserts that, in actuality, the Gulf War was not really about reversing Iraq's aggression against Kuwait, but rather to 'control nationalist challenges to U.S. interests in the area.'"

Hey stupid. It's Ramsey Fucking Clark, you dope.

He can speculate all the fuck he wants. His conjecture is not the same as "fact." If anything, the fact that HE maintains it is a useful clue that it's false.
Ramsey Fucking Clark was there, Sissie.
Where were you/
Hiding in yo momma's closet?

Fuck you and yours, Bitch

Tell me what source you would consider credible regarding US bombing of Iraqi water treatment plants?

"This book is an angry although measured polemical outcry over the U.S. 'great victory' in the Gulf War of 1991. Ramsey Clark, former U.S. Attorney-General and long-time international peace activist, asserts that, in actuality, the Gulf War was not really about reversing Iraq's aggression against Kuwait, but rather to 'control nationalist challenges to U.S. interests in the area.'"

Hey stupid. It's Ramsey Fucking Clark, you dope.

He can speculate all the fuck he wants. His conjecture is not the same as "fact." If anything, the fact that HE maintains it is a useful clue that it's false.
Ramsey Fucking Clark was there, Sissie.
Where were you/
Hiding in yo momma's closet?

Fuck you and yours, Bitch

Being there, scumbag, does not translate into accuracy, you dip shit twat.

He's still flatly wrong and substituting his robotic mere opinion for "fact."

Eat shit and choke on it, bitch.

So what you're saying is we bombed water treatment plants in 1991 so we could use more bombs and fund the military industrial complex? Could I get a link on that one, I cant wait to see the source.
I mean you keep spouting this academic liberal crap. Most people call it propaganda.

It's propanganda, because you make stuff up or parrot other made up crap, you dont have any context to it.

Wait I just caught it, Ramsey Clark is your source. Tell me you're joking. He's been a discreditied, bitter ex politician.
Do you have a mainstream meadia article on the bombing? Someone cridtable. Ramsey Clark is like me quoting Rush Limbaugh for facts, I love Rush but I dont use him as a source.

He;s a peace activist that wanted Bush impeached for war crimes AND get this...he defended the Serbs, INCLUDING Milosavic..... and you think he's not a crazy nutjob loon and even worse that he's credible. Did you hear he was a good source at college?

And I still want answers to my question, and then I'll school ya on torture, like I have on everything else. Oh how'd you like the one on terrorist, was it easy enough to follow?
"In 1991, Clark's Coalition to Stop US Intervention in the Middle East opposed the US-led war and sanctions against Iraq.[7]

"Clark accused the administration of President George H. W. Bush, J. Danforth Quayle, James Baker, Richard Cheney, William Webster, Colin Powell, Norman Schwarzkopf and 'others to be named' of 'crimes against peace, war crimes' and "crimes against humanity" for its conduct of the Gulf War against Iraq and the ensuing sanctions;[8] in 1996, he added the charges of genocide and the 'use of a weapon of mass destruction'.[9]

"Similarly, after the 1999 NATO bombing of the Federal Republic of Yugoslavia Ramsey charged and 'tried' NATO on 19 counts and issued calls for its dissolution.[10]"

You're obviously interested only in other people's war crimes.
Clark holds NATO to the same standards as Milosavic, apparently you don't.

BTW, Clark was in Baghdad in '91 where was Rush?
(Still looking for Vietnam, maybe.)

Maybe this is the part you and Rush have trouble with?

"Clark played an important role in the history of the American Civil Rights movement. During his years at the Justice Department, he

supervised the federal presence at Ole Miss during the week following the admission of James Meredith;
surveyed all school districts in the South desegregating under court order (1963);
supervised federal enforcement of the court order protecting the march from Selma to Montgomery; and
headed the Presidential task force to Watts following the riots.
supervised the drafting and executive role in passage of the Voting Rights Act of 1965 and Civil Rights Act of 1968."

Ramsey Clark - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Water boarding is cool!

And it isn't torture.

According to those involved in the enhanced interrogation, the terrorist suspects had practiced water boarding as part of their training.
You need to get a job with Annie "Bones" Coulter.

200px-Ann_coulter_scary.jpg

She could probably use an extra "hand", when she gets to makin'-shit-up.​

My and my buds waterboard for fun on slow days.
It shows.

"Waterboarding can cause extreme pain, dry drowning, damage to lungs, brain damage from oxygen deprivation..."

And terrorists can cause buildings to collapse, subway trains to be blown up and people to be incinerated by jet fuel.
Wanna tack a crack at that, genius?
Some terrorists do far worse:

"Hard then to explain the 1991 US bombing of electrical grids that powered 1,410 water-treatment plants for Iraq's 22 million people.

"An excerpt from a 1998 US Air Force document, entitled 'Strategic Attack,' chillingly explains: 'The electrical attacks proved extremely effective ... The loss of electricity shut down the capital's water treatment plants and led to a public health crisis from raw sewage dumped in the Tigris River.'

"A second US Defense Intelligence Agency document, 1991's 'Iraq Water Treatment Vulnerabilities,' predicted how sanctions would then be used to prevent Iraq from getting the equipment and chemicals necessary for water purification, which would result in "a shortage of pure drinking water for much of the population" leading to 'increased incidences, if not epidemics, of disease.'"

1410 water treatment plants serving 22 million people.
How's that for terror?

Ahh..Class warfare...
Your opinion is duly noted.
I suppose you've never noticed how some people get filthy rich from wars they never fight in?
All war is class war.

So you just want to take what is not yours , and what you have no right to in the first place, without having to go through all that trouble, got it.

It's too much work to establish Justice and maintain it, besides that contradicts your Mandate, Comrade. Just send out the drones to assassinate when anyone gets too bothersome, it's so much neater than interrogating someone, huh.

Your ways are so much better than ours, Jackass that you are. I am still not over What you implied about American POW's from the Vietnam War. You are really one big pile of shit, dude. Fuck Off.
You should ask Mitt.

Then ask why he went to France instead of Vietnam?

Possibly in search of some "freedom fries?"

Forum List

Back