Melting Glacier National Park

These changes happen during normal cycles. It's happened many times before we came along.

:)

Not at the accelerated present rate. Barring a cataclysmic event, of course.

Were you around to see how quick it happened? lol

Are you in the habit of being gullible?
The Arctic was once warmer, covered by trees
Be careful man, you might fall off the edge of the world.
I'll keep that in mind.

I'll also be mindful of your level of understanding about the world we live in.

Are you thinking we can alter what happens with global changes by throwing $ into it?

Well you apparently do, because you don't have a problem with corporations destroying the atmosphere and polluting the water supply.

Well you apparently do, because you don't have a problem with corporations destroying the atmosphere and polluting the water supply.
You're another idiot who doesn't even have the balls to quote the post you're responding to.

US Glacier national park losing its glaciers with just 26 of 150 left

It's sad the glaciers are melting. It's also sad some people don't believe it's happening.

glacial_maximum_map2.jpg

Been happening for the past 14,000 years

Q. How much must we reduce CO2 emissions down from the current 410PPM in order to stop the glaciers from melting?

A. $15 Trillion

I'll keep that in mind.

Are you thinking we can alter what happens with global changes by throwing $ into it?
Oh my, the 'we are too small to affect the whole globe meme'. Stupid bastard, single celled algae totally changed the composition of the whole Earth a couple of billion years ago. And now we are changing the composition of the atmosphere. And rapidly warming the planet. At a rate that can only be compared in the geological record to that of times of major extinctions.

ENDANGERED SPECIES
Why a Hotter World Will Mean More Extinctions
Extinctions are already on the rise as a growing human population displaces animals and plants. But if global warming continues unchecked, our planet could get a whole lot lonelier

Why a Hotter World Will Mean More Extinctions | TIME.com

I'll keep that in mind.

Now isn't that one fucking dumb ass statement? We threw money at mining the coal and drilling for oil, and we have change the climate of our planet. Now you say that by using money to build clean sources of the energy that we need is just throwing money at the problem? As the coal fired plants reach their mechanical lifespan, they will have to be replace with another energy source. Since wind and solar are now cheaper than coal, by a good ways, that is what will replace those plants, and, eventually, gas fired plants as well as the nukes.

Forum List

Back