Meg Whitman: Hypocrisy and Karma

The only poll which matters is the one taken on election day. Only a fool, or a conservative ideologue, would vote for Whitman. Not only is spending $120,000,000 obscene it demonstrates the danger of great wealth in the hands of the few, undermining the principles of democracy and providing the means for a quite revolution; one leading to a political system that is controlled by a small group of individuals who govern in their own interests.

Whitman has, so far, spent more of her own money than anyone ever has before. And she's close but still behind Jerry Brown who has hardly campaigned yet. It will be interesting to see if her money buys her the governorship. It will be even more interesting if she spends all that money and still loses.

how odd....you didn't whine that obama's presidential campaign spending, that has out spent every presidential candidate to date.....bought him the election...

thanks for being like wry catcher and admitting obama's war chest bought him the campaign.....

I think this is the second time you've made the claim that Obama bought the election. Time for you to prove that that was the prime deciding factor in his winning in 2008.

TIA

You can fool some of the people all of the time. And those people are right of center, never attended or completed college, earn under $50k/yr and voted for Bush twice. Calling them dumb is a complement.

I'd say this is pretty emblematic of why the Dems are cratering.

My favorite moment in every episode of the V television series is when the flesh veneer of the aliens peels away and the lizard beneath shows through.

The truth comes out at last.

Every time I see the flesh give way, I remember the scene in the “To Serve Man” episode of Twilight Zone where the young lady rushes to the gate to try to stop her boss from boarding the alien ship: “Mr. Chambers. Mr. Chambers, the first page is just a collection of English words with their own translation. But the rest of the book — the rest of the book — It’s a cookbook!”

To Serve Man.

“It’s a cookbook.”

Bwa Ha Ha.

I believe the Kanamits offered free health care, did they not?

And so now as they trudge to the electoral guillotine, Democrats shed their skin and their code is exposed.

They really don’t like us.

Seriously.

They think we are fools. They view our religion as superstition. They label our skepticism as ignorance and our patriotism as racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic and fattening.

Nothing is worse to a liberal than fat.

The liberal contempt for America is shining through....

2010 shows liberal contempt for voters Don Surber

The only poll which matters is the one taken on election day. Only a fool, or a conservative ideologue, would vote for Whitman. Not only is spending $120,000,000 obscene it demonstrates the danger of great wealth in the hands of the few, undermining the principles of democracy and providing the means for a quite revolution; one leading to a political system that is controlled by a small group of individuals who govern in their own interests.

Only a fool would send Governor Moonbeam, who signed the legislation which enabled the abuse of the pension system in the first place, back for another term.

Only a fool would send Governor Moonbeam, who signed the legislation which enabled the abuse of the pension system in the first place, back for another term.

Link? Oh, and why did Gov. Brown become "Moonbeam"? Do you know, or are you a parrot?

Having grown up in CA, I lived in the state when Jerry was governor.

He signed "The Dill Act", which gave government employees the right to collective bargaining.

California Department of Personnel Administration - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As did I, and I remember Ronald Reagan and Pat Brown too. That proves ... nothing. To suggest allowing government employees to engage in collective bargining is bad? Why?
Probaly because you couldn't pass a civil service test, or are not brave enough to put yourself in harms way to protect a fellow citizen? Of course not, what conservative would risk responding to a 911 call, it's much easier - and safer - to send someone else's kid (it just sucks to have to pay them) into harms way.

btw, your use of the term "Moonbeam"; are you a parrot or not?

Last edited:
God, do I miss Mike Royko....Rest his soul:
The nickname was coined by Mike Royko, the famed Chicago columnist, who in 1976 said that Mr. Brown appeared to be attracting “the moonbeam vote,” which in Chicago political parlance meant young, idealistic and nontraditional.

The term had a nice California feel, and Mr. Royko eventually began applying it when he wrote about the Golden State’s young, idealistic and nontraditional chief executive. He found endless amusement — and sometimes outright agita — in California’s oddities, calling the state “the world’s largest outdoor mental asylum.”

“If it babbles and its eyeballs are glazed,” he noted in April 1979, “it probably comes from California.”

Looks like his observation applies today every bit as much as back in the '70s. :lol:

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/07/weekinreview/07mckinley.html

I cannot believe this thread is still alive…I am sorry but this uber partisanship has now reached an infantile level.

1) As a California native I can tell you, anyone who thinks that people do, or will or pay an ILLEGAL alien $23 an hour, well you’re smoking some serious shit.(Thats why she went to an agency, you pay more for what again?)

2) she used an agency to hire a housekeeper, the agency guarantees and assists getting the paperwork done and that she is legal AND some also call for background checks as well , they pay her on a agency check drawn from funds in an agency account. ( Allred the ambulance chaser should be going after the agency, but this isn’t what this about anyway soooooo)

3) Hey, I thought it was verboten in the new age of progressivism to ask anyone who even appears swarthy; Semitic or Hispanic etc. if they are a citizen? I mean we don’t want to profile anyone, right?

And if that is not enough the womans crying jag and plaintive weepy “Meg, hep meee” …I mean if you buy that you must have put Ben Affleck, JLo and Gigli are on par with Laurence Olivier and Hamlet….fgs.
I am sure she knew who Gloria Allred was too.....not that anyone helped her out there....

She should be in ICE's hands awaiting trial for felonious use of a Social Security number.

And envision this, Gloria helps her get her SS paperwork squared away, she gets booted back to Mexico and collects her SS award for the rest of her life....great country amerika? eh?

Last edited:

yea well from what I understand, he still collects a pension from a closed off trough, that he supposedly helped to put to bed.........

God, do I miss Mike Royko....Rest his soul:
The nickname was coined by Mike Royko, the famed Chicago columnist, who in 1976 said that Mr. Brown appeared to be attracting “the moonbeam vote,” which in Chicago political parlance meant young, idealistic and nontraditional.

The term had a nice California feel, and Mr. Royko eventually began applying it when he wrote about the Golden State’s young, idealistic and nontraditional chief executive. He found endless amusement — and sometimes outright agita — in California’s oddities, calling the state “the world’s largest outdoor mental asylum.”

“If it babbles and its eyeballs are glazed,” he noted in April 1979, “it probably comes from California.”

Looks like his observation applies today every bit as much as back in the '70s. :lol:

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/07/weekinreview/07mckinley.html

Interesting article from the NYTimes; you might want to read it.

It confirms my undersanding of the term "Moonbeam", as Governor Brown suggested California place it's own satellite in orbit to facilliate cost savings. You see, Oddude, Brown was and is a fiscal conservative - and believed by placing a satellite in orbit Califorinia would save $ millions spent on long distance telephone charges and (with prescience) keeping travel for meetings to a minimum. Such a system may have - and might still - save more $ millions if emergencey communications between first responders from distant agencies were facillitated by wireless communications, as well as lives and property.

News today, Meg Whitman employed an illegal alien for Nine Years as a housekeeper. So, what is her campaigns reaction?
Of course, it's all about the left wing media negative attack. This from a campaign that has spent months and $$$$'s on attacking her Republican opponent in the primaries and General Brown since her buying the Republican nomination for Governor of California.

SNIP:

Whitman's campaign released documents that show Diaz wrote in her employment records that she was a legal permanent resident and provided to Whitman a Social Security card and a valid California driver's license. Whitman said she hired Diaz through an employment agency.

SNIP:

Whitman told Fox News the charges were "definitely a lie," saying that she fired Diaz once Diaz confessed in June 2009 that she was an illegal immigrant. She also told reporters she never received the letter.

FOXNews.com - Whitman's Former Housekeeper Says She Was Fired After Seeking Help Gaining Residency

News today, Meg Whitman employed an illegal alien for Nine Years as a housekeeper. So, what is her campaigns reaction?
Of course, it's all about the left wing media negative attack. This from a campaign that has spent months and $$$$'s on attacking her Republican opponent in the primaries and General Brown since her buying the Republican nomination for Governor of California.

SNIP:

Whitman's campaign released documents that show Diaz wrote in her employment records that she was a legal permanent resident and provided to Whitman a Social Security card and a valid California driver's license. Whitman said she hired Diaz through an employment agency.

SNIP:

Whitman told Fox News the charges were "definitely a lie," saying that she fired Diaz once Diaz confessed in June 2009 that she was an illegal immigrant. She also told reporters she never received the letter.

FOXNews.com - Whitman's Former Housekeeper Says She Was Fired After Seeking Help Gaining Residency
Well, that is odd, because if she continued paying her under a false SS# she would have gotten a yearly letter.

I still don't understand why Whitman didn't turn her over to ICE.

and spending dues from your members , thats soooo honest........with no stipulation for removal from the dues paying roles if you like, don't agree with the union platform, on a candidate who then, btw, pays the union back by ensuring passage of bills containing pension funding/contracts, more hires to the unions, ( who buy the way have been shortchanging and woefully underfunding their pension plans... when the unions cannot pay their retirees..whos gonna pay them?who will be in the position to raid the state treasury to make them whole again?...humm :eusa_think:...)

the symbiosis is plain and at this point the host is dieing dude.

Is a great deal more harmful than allowing some rich snot who by the way does have a head for bus.. to get elected ( and adding that she owes them or anyone nothing)....

optimal?No. easy choice? Absolutely.

SNIP:

SNIP:

What a surprise. Whitman actually denied the allegations? So, time will tell, I don't and didn't presume to know the truth of the allegaitons but it does not surprise me she would not admit any wrongdoing. What person running for office weeks before an election would?
I wonder though, if Ms. Whitman is so opposed to the hiring of undocumented aliens, why she would simply fire the women and not notify ICE? Seems to me a law and order type would report illegal behavior, not simply fire a 'member of the family'. Isn't it part of the conservative dogma that people should be accountable for their actions, and if the employee committed fraud in securing employment wouldn't a card carrying conservative report the matter to the authorities. Otherwise, one might surmise Ms. Whitman tacitly supports illegal immigration.

Would it be too far afield to wonder too if Ms. Whitman as governor would hold her staff accountable if she discovered wrongdoing? Or, as a member of her family simply look past and illegal, unethical behavior?

Off topic: My wife and I spent last week in Gold Coast and Brookings. Walking the beaches and taking the jet boat up the Roque. Absolutely spectacular.

Last edited:

SNIP:

SNIP:

Well, that is odd, because if she continued paying her under a false SS# she would have gotten a yearly letter.

They are that efficient over there in the SS dept?...have you ever dealt with an agency or seen one at work performing background checks, SS reviews and verifications?

yes I see, so let me ask you then, why isn't allred defending her against ICE? Where are they?

R U seriously asking that? I can see it now..."evil white rich bitch calls ICE on lowly housekeeper....sent back home no money to buy milk for the kids etc etc etc..."...

why didn't the agency and why don't you ask them that? They had the most to lose....

Last edited:
SNIP:

SNIP:

They are that efficient over there in the SS dept?...have you ever dealt with an agency or seen one at work performing background checks, SS reviews and verifications?

yes I see, so let me ask you then, why isn't allred defending her against ICE? Where are they?

R U seriously asking that? I can see it now..."evil white rich bitch calls ICE in lowly housekeeper....sent back home no money to buy milk for the kids etc etc etc..."...

why didn't the agency and why don't you ask them that? They had the most to lose....
I have gotten letters about employees using faulty SS#'s. From the IRS though, IIRC. You must respond to them and either get the proper SS# or start doing backup withholding on the employee in question. And yes, if you don't respond they will contact you again.

Not sure what the rest of your deflecting post means. Whitman pretends to be against illegal immigration and yet she doesn't turn over someone she knows is illegal?

:cuckoo:

Forum List

Back