Meg Whitman: Hypocrisy and Karma

You can fool some of the people all of the time. And those people are right of center, never attended or completed college, earn under $50k/yr and voted for Bush twice. Calling them dumb is a complement.

that is what i thought....you have nothing and then you try to insult another member because you got your ass handed to you here....

pussy

pussy? LOL.

what a way to cowardly back off your OP

The OP verbatim:
"Meg Whitman: Hypocrisy and Karma
"News today, Meg Whitman employed an illegal alien for Nine Years as a housekeeper. So, what is her campaigns reaction?
"Of course, it's all about the left wing media negative attack. This from a campaign that has spent months and $$$$'s on attacking her Republican opponent in the primaries and General Brown since her buying the Republican nomination for Governor of California."

The point of the OP is simple. Ms Whitman and her campaign used negative ads for the past six + months against her Republican Opponent and after she 'bought' the nomination against Attorney General Jerry Brown.
Now that she is attacked, her campaign is complaining about dirty politics.

Did I type that slowly enought for the echo chamber to understand?

This is a pretty quick response considering they had to forge the documentation...

Capitol Alert: Whitman releases ex-housekeeper's employment docs

From your link:

Diaz today unveiled through celebrity attorney Gloria Allred that she had worked for Whitman's family for nine years illegally. Allred said in a press conference that Whitman never asked about Diaz' legal status and received notice from the Social Security Administration in 2003 that the Social Security number provided by Diaz did not match her name, calling that a "a clue that the employee may be undocumented."

Read more: Capitol Alert: Whitman releases ex-housekeeper's employment docs

When did Whitman know? That now becomes the question.
However, the point of the OP seems to be lost in the efforts of the echo chamber's red herrings.

Whitman's campaign released actual documentation and you use Allred's statements with no evidence of the veracity of those statements to try and somehow refute Whitman's argument. You don't see disparity in the gravity of those two arguments?

September 29, 2010, 5:51 pm Whitman Responds to Claims About Former Maid
By JESSE MCKINLEY
SAN FRANCISCO – A day after the first gubernatorial debate, Republican candidate Meg Whitman started a preemptive attack against allegations that she had knowingly employed a Mexican housekeeper who was living illegally in the United States.

Race Profile
The California Gubernatorial Race
Both candidates are trying to make history.

June Primary Results
.The housekeeper, Nicandra Diaz-Santillan, made her claims in an interview arranged by celebrity lawyer Gloria Allred, and broadcast on the gossip Web site TMZ.com. Ms. Diaz-Santillan was employed by Ms. Whitman for nine years, until 2009, and said she was terminated after she approached Ms. Whitman, confessed to not having papers, and asked about trying to become a legal resident.

“I wanted her to help me to get an immigration attorney,” said Ms. Diaz-Santillan, who broke into tears several times while speaking. “Ms Whitman just laughed and turned her face to one side.”

In a statement released shortly after Ms. Diaz-Santillan spoke, Ms. Whitman said Ms. Diaz-Santillan had lied on documents she’d submitted when she’d applied for the housekeeping position, and provided copies of the application to the media. She also asserted she had “immediately terminated Nicky’s employment” after Ms. Diaz-Santillan confessed that she was in the country illegally.

“It was one of the hardest things I’ve ever done,” Ms. Whitman said, adding that she considered Ms. Diaz-Santillan a “friend and part of our extended family.”

But even before Ms. Allred’s press conference, the Whitman campaign had lashed out at her claims, calling them politically motivated.
“We find it very curious that after nine years of employment something like this would be brought forward 35 days before the election,” said Rob Stutzman, a senior advisor to Ms. Whitman, who described the allegations as a “desperate political attack.”

Mr. Stutzman said that Ms. Allred was a personal friend of Jerry Brown, the Democratic candidate for governor, and had donated to his past campaigns. “So there’s a clear relationship and party affiliation that’s undeniable,” he said.

Sterling Clifford, a spokesman for the Brown campaign, said that Ms. Allred had made a small contribution to his 2006 campaign for attorney general – the position Mr. Brown currently holds –but that he did not believe the two were friends.

Ms. Allred, who specializes in high profile, and often highly aggrieved, clients like Rachel Uchitel, the alleged mistress of Tiger Woods, said Ms. Whitman was aware of Ms. Diaz-Santillan’s status but chose to ignore it.

“Was Ms. Whitman engaging in her own form of ‘don’t ask don’t tell’?” she said.

Ms. Allred said that Ms. Whitman had received several notices from the Social Security Administration, starting in 2003, that indicated that the Social Security number provided did not match Ms. Diaz-Santillan’s name.

Ms. Whitman denied that –“We never received that letter or notification,” she said in a post-press conference media scrum — and her campaign provided photocopies of a California driver’s license and a Social Security card, both bearing Ms. Diaz-Santillan’s name. They also provided a copy of an Immigration form – called an I-9 – which Ms. Diaz Santillan signed, adding a happy face next to her signature, attesting that she was in the country as a lawful permanent resident.

In an e-mail, the Social Security Administration said that it had not sent so-called “no match” letters since 2007 and that information about letters sent prior to that was confidential and cannot be released.

Ms. Whitman’s treatment of employees has been an issue in the campaign before. In 2007, Ms. Whitman, the former chief executive of eBay, was accused of shoving an employee at that company and later paid a six-figure settlement in the face of a lawsuit. In her debate with Mr. Brown on Tuesday night, Ms. Whitman repeated her opposition to a path to legalization of million of illegal immigrants in Californians and voiced her support for workplace inspections to make sure that they are not employing undocumented workers. “We do have to hold employers accountable for hiring only documented workers,” she said. “And we do have to enforce that law.”

Ms. Allred says that she plans to file a claim with the state of California for wages Ms. Whitman never paid to Ms. Diaz-Santillan, as well as reimbursement for mileage used as the housekeeper ran various errands. But, in her own statement, Ms. Diaz Santillan said her goals were not monetary.

“I’m doing this because I know that here’s a lot of Megs out there,” she said, in broken English, “who are mistreating the Nickys who work so hard for them.”

Whitman Responds to Claims About Former Maid - NYTimes.com

Apparently you didn't read the article that Intense posted. The SS Administration says that letters sent prior to 2007 are confidential. Yet, Allred somehow knows a letter was sent in 2003? How is that possible? She must have a letter in her possession, even though she hasn't released it to prove her statements. Let's give her the benefit of the doubt (since you seem to anyways). How did she get the letter in the first place? The only way is for the housekeeper to have given it to her. So did the housekeeper take the letter out of Whitman's mail and hide it from her? Sounds plausible to me. If that's the case, how was Whitman ever informed? It's fun to play what ifs with no need to actually ever prove anything.

There is a difference between negative ads and baseless accusations. You have yet to prove there is any veracity to these accusations. That seems to be what everyone keeps trying to tell you. So who is the echo chamber?

Both of those candidates must have some sort of mental issues. Who wants to be the head executive of a state like California? That has suicide mission written all over it.

Don't care...She's as shitty a "choice" as is Moonbeam Brown.

I pity you poor schmucks, if this is the best you can come up with as "viable" candidates for Governor.

Little wonder people keep moving out of the state to Oregon, Montana and Colorado.

Dude this State has scraped the bottom of the barrel,so much in the last 10-15 years that they are now into the mud below the barrel.....and the Dems came up with a almost dead corpse....while the repubs came up with some one.....well i dont think any one knows what they came up with.....

Whitman has, so far, spent more of her own money than anyone ever has before. And she's close but still behind Jerry Brown who has hardly campaigned yet. It will be interesting to see if her money buys her the governorship. It will be even more interesting if she spends all that money and still loses.

Whitman has, so far, spent more of her own money than anyone ever has before. And she's close but still behind Jerry Brown who has hardly campaigned yet. It will be interesting to see if her money buys her the governorship. It will be even more interesting if she spends all that money and still loses.

how odd....you didn't whine that obama's presidential campaign spending, that has out spent every presidential candidate to date.....bought him the election...

thanks for being like wry catcher and admitting obama's war chest bought him the campaign.....

Don't care...She's as shitty a "choice" as is Moonbeam Brown.

I pity you poor schmucks, if this is the best you can come up with as "viable" candidates for Governor.

Little wonder people keep moving out of the state to Oregon, Montana and Colorado.

Dude this State has scraped the bottom of the barrel,so much in the last 10-15 years that they are now into the mud below the barrel.....and the Dems came up with a almost dead corpse....while the repubs came up with some one.....well i dont think any one knows what they came up with.....
I know...I've been paying attention.

I was stunned when the GOP party men pimped for Ahhnold over Tom McClintock.

Now, they run a candidate who is even goofier and flakier than the current RINO nutbar?

Dude!...WTF?

News today, Meg Whitman employed an illegal alien for Nine Years as a housekeeper. So, what is her campaigns reaction?
Of course, it's all about the left wing media negative attack. This from a campaign that has spent months and $$$$'s on attacking her Republican opponent in the primaries and General Brown since her buying the Republican nomination for Governor of California.

You forgot to mention the fact that the Employee was in possession of false papers. Moron. :):):):):)

Moron? The allegation the employee was in possession of false papers was already posted. Evidence proving such was not offered, unless we are to believe the written response from the Whitman campaign, the issue is in dispute.

If the issue is still in dispute you have no premise in condemning Anyone, now do you?

What I like about Governor Moon Beam is that He actually has a pair of Ball's and will clearly state his mind, even when opposed to his Party platform. What I don't like about Jerry, is his lack of reason and common sense. ;)

Whitman knowingly hired an illegal, and then lied about it.

Illegals work for less money than Americans.

This is a pretty quick response considering they had to forge the documentation...

Capitol Alert: Whitman releases ex-housekeeper's employment docs

From your link:

Diaz today unveiled through celebrity attorney Gloria Allred that she had worked for Whitman's family for nine years illegally. Allred said in a press conference that Whitman never asked about Diaz' legal status and received notice from the Social Security Administration in 2003 that the Social Security number provided by Diaz did not match her name, calling that a "a clue that the employee may be undocumented."

Read more: Capitol Alert: Whitman releases ex-housekeeper's employment docs

When did Whitman know? That now becomes the question.
However, the point of the OP seems to be lost in the efforts of the echo chamber's red herrings.

Whitman's campaign released actual documentation and you use Allred's statements with no evidence of the veracity of those statements to try and somehow refute Whitman's argument. You don't see disparity in the gravity of those two arguments?

September 29, 2010, 5:51 pm Whitman Responds to Claims About Former Maid
By JESSE MCKINLEY
SAN FRANCISCO – A day after the first gubernatorial debate, Republican candidate Meg Whitman started a preemptive attack against allegations that she had knowingly employed a Mexican housekeeper who was living illegally in the United States.

Race Profile
The California Gubernatorial Race
Both candidates are trying to make history.

June Primary Results
.The housekeeper, Nicandra Diaz-Santillan, made her claims in an interview arranged by celebrity lawyer Gloria Allred, and broadcast on the gossip Web site TMZ.com. Ms. Diaz-Santillan was employed by Ms. Whitman for nine years, until 2009, and said she was terminated after she approached Ms. Whitman, confessed to not having papers, and asked about trying to become a legal resident.

“I wanted her to help me to get an immigration attorney,” said Ms. Diaz-Santillan, who broke into tears several times while speaking. “Ms Whitman just laughed and turned her face to one side.”

In a statement released shortly after Ms. Diaz-Santillan spoke, Ms. Whitman said Ms. Diaz-Santillan had lied on documents she’d submitted when she’d applied for the housekeeping position, and provided copies of the application to the media. She also asserted she had “immediately terminated Nicky’s employment” after Ms. Diaz-Santillan confessed that she was in the country illegally.

“It was one of the hardest things I’ve ever done,” Ms. Whitman said, adding that she considered Ms. Diaz-Santillan a “friend and part of our extended family.”

But even before Ms. Allred’s press conference, the Whitman campaign had lashed out at her claims, calling them politically motivated.
“We find it very curious that after nine years of employment something like this would be brought forward 35 days before the election,” said Rob Stutzman, a senior advisor to Ms. Whitman, who described the allegations as a “desperate political attack.”

Mr. Stutzman said that Ms. Allred was a personal friend of Jerry Brown, the Democratic candidate for governor, and had donated to his past campaigns. “So there’s a clear relationship and party affiliation that’s undeniable,” he said.

Sterling Clifford, a spokesman for the Brown campaign, said that Ms. Allred had made a small contribution to his 2006 campaign for attorney general – the position Mr. Brown currently holds –but that he did not believe the two were friends.

Ms. Allred, who specializes in high profile, and often highly aggrieved, clients like Rachel Uchitel, the alleged mistress of Tiger Woods, said Ms. Whitman was aware of Ms. Diaz-Santillan’s status but chose to ignore it.

“Was Ms. Whitman engaging in her own form of ‘don’t ask don’t tell’?” she said.

Ms. Allred said that Ms. Whitman had received several notices from the Social Security Administration, starting in 2003, that indicated that the Social Security number provided did not match Ms. Diaz-Santillan’s name.

Ms. Whitman denied that –“We never received that letter or notification,” she said in a post-press conference media scrum — and her campaign provided photocopies of a California driver’s license and a Social Security card, both bearing Ms. Diaz-Santillan’s name. They also provided a copy of an Immigration form – called an I-9 – which Ms. Diaz Santillan signed, adding a happy face next to her signature, attesting that she was in the country as a lawful permanent resident.

In an e-mail, the Social Security Administration said that it had not sent so-called “no match” letters since 2007 and that information about letters sent prior to that was confidential and cannot be released.

Ms. Whitman’s treatment of employees has been an issue in the campaign before. In 2007, Ms. Whitman, the former chief executive of eBay, was accused of shoving an employee at that company and later paid a six-figure settlement in the face of a lawsuit. In her debate with Mr. Brown on Tuesday night, Ms. Whitman repeated her opposition to a path to legalization of million of illegal immigrants in Californians and voiced her support for workplace inspections to make sure that they are not employing undocumented workers. “We do have to hold employers accountable for hiring only documented workers,” she said. “And we do have to enforce that law.”

Ms. Allred says that she plans to file a claim with the state of California for wages Ms. Whitman never paid to Ms. Diaz-Santillan, as well as reimbursement for mileage used as the housekeeper ran various errands. But, in her own statement, Ms. Diaz Santillan said her goals were not monetary.

“I’m doing this because I know that here’s a lot of Megs out there,” she said, in broken English, “who are mistreating the Nickys who work so hard for them.”

Whitman Responds to Claims About Former Maid - NYTimes.com

Apparently you didn't read the article that Intense posted. The SS Administration says that letters sent prior to 2007 are confidential. Yet, Allred somehow knows a letter was sent in 2003? How is that possible? She must have a letter in her possession, even though she hasn't released it to prove her statements. Let's give her the benefit of the doubt (since you seem to anyways). How did she get the letter in the first place? The only way is for the housekeeper to have given it to her. So did the housekeeper take the letter out of Whitman's mail and hide it from her? Sounds plausible to me. If that's the case, how was Whitman ever informed? It's fun to play what ifs with no need to actually ever prove anything.

There is a difference between negative ads and baseless accusations. You have yet to prove there is any veracity to these accusations. That seems to be what everyone keeps trying to tell you. So who is the echo chamber?

Both of those candidates must have some sort of mental issues. Who wants to be the head executive of a state like California? That has suicide mission written all over it.

I don't have to prove anything. For the last time, I reported on a news report. I made it clear to those who can read I have no evidence of the veracity of any statements made by the former employee or her attorney.
My post was a simple comment on the hypocrisy of the Whitman campaign, which has used half-truths, lies and innuendo to slander and libel her opponents (both in the primary and in the general election) and now whines and cries foul when she is herself attacked.
Anyone with the reading comprehension of a 12 year old can understand my post, sadly the conservatives on this message board seem unable to; sad, but understandable.

What I like about Governor Moon Beam is that He actually has a pair of Ball's and will clearly state his mind, even when opposed to his Party platform. What I don't like about Jerry, is his lack of reason and common sense. ;)

Governor, General, Mayor Brown is very bright. Very experienced and called "Moon Beam" by those who simply parrot comments made to attack him.
Do you know the background of this 'nickname'?
I suggest you do a little research before using it as a pejorative.

"But I had no idea she was an illegal alien! Just because she's four foot tall and speaks no english, how was I to know?".

Forum List

Back