Meet The Press: Lindsey Graham just advocate for Permanent military bases in Afghan..

"Isolationism" is a term coined by progressive/neocon types (virtually indistinguishable from one another) in the early part of the last century, to disparage those who didn't want intervention in wars that were none of our business and America going down the road to empire.

Judging from the results of America trying to be the world's policeman/military babysitter, the "isolationists" were and continue to be right.

Now, douchebag necon Graham wants to compound that error.

people like you think there's *nothing* worth fighting and dying for.

people like the neo-cons think everything is worth sending *other* people's kids to die for.

there are happy mediums in the world.

would you have been switzerland taking a 'neutral' position while allowing nazis to use your banks to hide stolen money?

Speaking of douchebags... and Jillian chimes in right on queue. Timing is everything.

Asshole.

Like four years ago. Beautiful place. But heck..when I was on the beach..bums were coming up to tourists and just taking their food and drinks right out of their hands.

Never saw anything like that.

the money is a myth.

The Olympics do more harm than good to each city they are held in.

The jobs are few and temporary. The benefits don't arrise.

so yes, be glad that a city already DEEP in the whole didn't get something that would make it worse.

I don't think sports in general makes all that much money to begin with for the community..relative to what the government invests. Still that's no reason to cheer about losing the Olympics.
they didnt
thats the point
they were LAUGHING at Obama putting so much into it when it was nearly a forgone conclusion Rio WOULD get it
this is a point in fact that TneverM doesnt understand

It wasnt that long ago we had the best schools in the world.

It can happen again.

We just have to tell the right to fuck off and build back our school systems.

The right wants the children uneducated or taught right wing lies.

Educate us on what changed for us to no longer have the best schools. Go ahead, we'll wait.

They cheered and giggled because Obama got shut down.

Did it matter to them that OUR country lost an honor?

Fuck no.

They didnt care about our country ,they cared about a petty insult to OUR ELECTED PRESIDENT.

They care more about their failed ideas than they do this country.
you mean like the way you guys did when thing went bad on Bush?

Why?

That's exactly what happened.

Every righty chatterbox was braying on and on about what a failure this was..and what a failure President Obama was as a world leader.
How may other presidents suspended their schedules to go pimp to get the Olympics?

People were laughing at a fool who put the prestige of the office out there, for a dubious return....They laughed at a fool who had bought into his own press...They applauded the failure of a hack, who would use the Olympics to line the pockets of his Chicago thug machine buddies.

Oh, and Truthdontmatter still needs to lay off the paint chips.

"She" needs to lay off the paint chips?

If President Obama hadn't done what he did..the right would have been braying about the lost opportunity.

And good on you to call the guy a "Hack". He did his time in college and the senate. You may not agree with him..but he's no "Hack".
yes, she does

Fuck no.

They didnt care about our country ,they cared about a petty insult to OUR ELECTED PRESIDENT.

We didn't cheer and giggle when CON$ FINALLY realized that Iraq was a crap storm.

We simply said "I told you so!"

Last edited:

It can happen again.

You are correct...The Reich wants their RW lies and propaganda spread and not true education.

Notice how they balk at the teaching of slavery in the schools...it never really happened in their world and/or wasn't that bad.

By the way, they claim that the Olympics is ALWAYS a loss in any city its held in. Is this true?

I live here in ATL now and I believe it was a big win for them financially.

Sources using "atlanta olympics financial" in my search engine;

Atlanta's Olympic Benefit Went to the Dogs | NBC Chicago

Financial legacy of the Olympics in Atlanta is hard to detect

Why the Olympics are bad business | The Ethical Nag more about the Vancouver games.

Like four years ago. Beautiful place. But heck..when I was on the beach..bums were coming up to tourists and just taking their food and drinks right out of their hands.

Never saw anything like that.

the money is a myth.

The Olympics do more harm than good to each city they are held in.

The jobs are few and temporary. The benefits don't arrise.

so yes, be glad that a city already DEEP in the whole didn't get something that would make it worse.

I don't think sports in general makes all that much money to begin with for the community..relative to what the government invests. Still that's no reason to cheer about losing the Olympics.

Didn't cheer losing the Games. Cheered obama going down a peg or 2.

The man was arrogant enough to think his being there would make a difference. Knowing full well the hardships that follow those Games.

Last edited:

It can happen again.

Educate us on what changed for us to no longer have the best schools. Go ahead, we'll wait.

http://www.oddgods.com/articles/2009/images/US2008HS.gif

heres a clue

Which tells me nothing. In your own words, at what time did the US standard and ranking of education in comparison to other nations begin to decline and why?

heres a clue

Which tells me nothing. In your own words, at what time did the US standard and ranking of education in comparison to other nations begin to decline and why?
well, that does tell us one thing
TneverM seems to think the problem with education in the US is we dont throw enough money at it

Fuck no.

"Mommy, he was mean to me first!!!"

c128.gif
c128.gif
c128.gif

It can happen again.

heres a clue

A conservative president came in and pushed a liberal idea he called No Child Left Behind, and it's been nothing but an atrocious failure.

And you want more liberal ideas for education?

Fuck no.

"Mommy, he was mean to me first!!!"

c128.gif
c128.gif
c128.gif
fuck off you pathetic PoS

heres a clue

A conservative president came in and pushed a liberal idea he called No Child Left Behind, and it's been nothing but an atrocious failure.

And you want more liberal ideas for education?
Who says NCLB was a Liberal idea? That was Bush's baby, part of his compassionate conservatism scam.

Forum List

Back