"Meet the new boss, same as the old boss"

No it doesn't. That is the assumption you would like US to believe, but it isn't proven at all. More like the swiftboating.

This is just more smear shit. Which most does he agree with? What he said about religion or what he said on the edited sound bites that the right is playing? Does he agree with what Wright quoted from former ambasador Peck who served under Reagan?

I guess his denouncing those statements don't mean squat.

McCain accepts the support of a man who says New Orleans was hit because of the gay parade. So McCain must also believe this?

I know right now we lost our suplus, started and screwed up two wars, broke the FISA law multiple times, can't even attend one frigging funeral, jobs going south............all under our current leader.

No, just about anyone would be an improvement.

Horseshit. If you attend a church for 20 years you embrace its beliefs. THAT is what church is all about.

Quit trying to deflect. The hypocrisy is clear. You lefties are trying to make some big deal out of McCain accepting endorsements from religious organizations he doesn't attend while you won't even address the fact that Obama has attended Wright's church for 20 years and has to agree at least somewhat with Wright's message, and Wright's message is racist and divisive.

Instead you squeal racism or "Southern Strategy" as some be all end all instead of addressing the topic itself. It's intellectually dishonest and shows an inability to address the facts.

All you got are deflections.

Obama should just tell the truth and admit that he did what every guy does in church - he slept.

Seriously, though, the more the GOP pounds Obama for this nonsense, the more he can say that they have nothing else to offer, and that they are afraid to campaign on their real goals of destroying Social Security, exporting jobs and stripping the Bill of Rights from the Constitution.

The more you on the left try to dismiss the issue rather than address it, the more fuel you give the GOP to add to the fire. The more you and he deflects, the more demands there will be for answers.

And your little list of goals is pure horseshit. Nothing more nor less.

The question was not " disagree with someone" The question was " what is your perfect scenario" Perhaps you could actually participate in THAT manner?
I was responding to Kathianne's proposal that the new president would "cut spending and taxes". That's why I quoted her. Given the previous tax cuts I outlined, her proposal seem likely to "explode the deficit and weaken the dollar".

Obama should just tell the truth and admit that he did what every guy does in church - he slept.

Seriously, though, the more the GOP pounds Obama for this nonsense, the more he can say that they have nothing else to offer, and that they are afraid to campaign on their real goals of destroying Social Security, exporting jobs and stripping the Bill of Rights from the Constitution.

Slept your ass....to expose your family, your children, to the insane rants inside the walls of this church tells us HE IS A FOLLOWER, A BELIEVER..............a NUT HIMSELF

Whoever wins it will be business as usual. The only thing that will change is who is getting paid.

I think it's time for term limits in Congess. That way they can't go and stay for a 1000 years. If we're going to have special interests buying our representation, let's at least make it more expensive. With term limits, they'll have to buy a new set every 8 years.

No it doesn't. That is the assumption you would like US to believe, but it isn't proven at all. More like the swiftboating.

This is just more smear shit. Which most does he agree with? What he said about religion or what he said on the edited sound bites that the right is playing? Does he agree with what Wright quoted from former ambasador Peck who served under Reagan?

I guess his denouncing those statements don't mean squat.

McCain accepts the support of a man who says New Orleans was hit because of the gay parade. So McCain must also believe this?

I know right now we lost our suplus, started and screwed up two wars, broke the FISA law multiple times, can't even attend one frigging funeral, jobs going south............all under our current leader.

No, just about anyone would be an improvement.

Ok, he sat there for 20 years + because?

Ok, he sat there for 20 years + because?

"With upwards of 10,000 members, [Trinity United Church of Christ] is the largest church affiliated with the United Church of Christ, . . ."

Because it was the biggest MF church in his city, and Obama is a politician. 10,000 members translates into a lot of votes.

"Trinity UCC has 70 different programs helping the poor, the unemployed, those with AIDS or those in prison, and offers courses in computer applications." It's not the radical church that the nutwings on the right are telling you. There was a lot more going on than the snippets from two sermons over 35 years.

"With upwards of 10,000 members, [Trinity United Church of Christ] is the largest church affiliated with the United Church of Christ, . . ."

Because it was the biggest MF church in his city, and Obama is a politician. 10,000 members translates into a lot of votes.

"Trinity UCC has 70 different programs helping the poor, the unemployed, those with AIDS or those in prison, and offers courses in computer applications." It's not the radical church that the nutwings on the right are telling you. There was a lot more going on than the snippets from two sermons over 35 years.

You know...Saying that there were ONLY two incidents or snippets at this church is like saying ONLY one girl got raped at the Polygamists sect.

Do YOU personally go to this church?

The two soundbites are what we DO know. And people dont tend to pull THAT kind of hatred out their ass. They dont wake up one morning and say I want to be a racist pig.

You know as a prosecutor I would have expected better from you. Of all people on this board you damn well know that where there is smoke there is fire. Except you may not have been allowed to present such evidence. And now here you are trying to stiffle it?

So, you're saying Obama just went to church for the votes? Wow, my respect for him has just increased. :rolleyes:

****Moronic rant deleted ****

The two soundbites are what we DO know. And people dont tend to pull THAT kind of hatred out their ass. They dont wake up one morning and say I want to be a racist pig.

You know as a prosecutor I would have expected better from you. Of all people on this board you damn well know that where there is smoke there is fire. Except you may not have been allowed to present such evidence. And now here you are trying to stiffle it?

Jeremiah Wright's sermons have been recorded and sold for years. I sure some really nasty and vicious people have been listening to the recordings looking for dirt. If he had said anything else, I'm sure we would have heard by now.

As a defense attorney and then a prosecutor, I've learned that people often say things they don't mean literally, that even if they mean something when it's spoken it doesn't reflect the entire character of the person, that suspicion without proof is worth spit, and that guilt by association is wrong and un-American.

I was responding to Kathianne's proposal that the new president would "cut spending and taxes". That's why I quoted her. Given the previous tax cuts I outlined, her proposal seem likely to "explode the deficit and weaken the dollar".

You have yet to actually respond to the original post. All you have done is attack others.

So, you're saying Obama just went to church for the votes? Wow, my respect for him has just increased. :rolleyes:

I'm sure that played a part in his initial decision, but as I pointed out, the church did a lot of good work for the community. I'm sure he participated in and supported the church for that reason.

I'm sure that played a part in his initial decision, but as I pointed out, the church did a lot of good work for the community. I'm sure he participated in and supported the church for that reason.

We have a church here that does a lot of good work inthe community. When the pastor came out in support of giving illegal immigrants sanctuary and stating that coming across the border illegally is not a crime, we stopped going to that church.

Yeah..Obama, his wife, and his children, go to listen to a hate spewing, bigot for 20 years but only because the church does good works for the community....:rofl:

But if a Republican goes to Bob Jones University to give a speech, ONCE in his or her life, they are automatically racist.....

We get it....

Yep... b/c John McCain traded his beliefs for the endorsements.

Did Obama? Oh right, he didn't.

We get it.....

You're right, Obama didn't trade his beliefs for anything.....he won't even admit to them in the first place....

But all we need do is look at the Church he sees fit to worship in, to take his family to, to have his children indoctrinated in.....to listen to the hate spewing, anti American bigot at the pulpit....

He doesn't need to admit to his beliefs....his church sets them in front of your face to see.....if you're not a blind hack, that is...

And McCain traded his soul to the radical religious right for their endorsement. That's unacceptable to me.

Really? Traded his soul???

He accepted their endorsement, nothing more, nothing less.....

IN 2000....

John McCain told reporters, “If I were there, I would condemn openly the policies of Bob Jones, because I would want to make sure that everybody knew that this kind of thing is not American.”

Guess it depends on whose ox is gored.

So wtf.... enlighten us...How did he "sell his soul"...????

And McCain traded his soul to the radical religious right for their endorsement. That's unacceptable to me.

Guess it depends on whose ox is gored.

Jilly,
Don't mean to disillusion you, but ALL politicians have sold their soul to someone.

Forum List

Back