Medical marijuana

I've know more stoners in my life, and I never care to even associate with any of them again, ever. What a complete bunch of losers. They are untrustworthy, uninitiated, unloyal, and unethical. They only care about themselves and their next high. I don't care what anyone says, smoking dope does lead to harder drugs. It offers no real medicinal value whatsoever, and those who say it does are just deceiving themselves into believing "it" helps. It does NOT.

I've know more stoners in my life, and I never care to even associate with any of them again, ever. What a complete bunch of losers. They are untrustworthy, uninitiated, unloyal, and unethical. They only care about themselves and their next high. I don't care what anyone says, smoking dope does lead to harder drugs. It offers no real medicinal value whatsoever, and those who say it does are just deceiving themselves into believing "it" helps. It does NOT.
If you're against it, don't use it. Your problem is that you want to force your values onto everyone else.

If you let,alcohol, sex,gambling, food......... Get the best of you yep your a mess,as far a value medically, you havnt a clue.

Sounds like you are talking about crackheads. Gateway drugs. Psh. Alcohol and tobacco are gateway drugs. I don't see complaining about those leading to "hard core" drug use.

If you let,alcohol, sex,gambling, food......... Get the best of you yep your a mess,as far a value medically, you havnt a clue.

Don't even go there! You haven't a clue what I've been through, so don't speculate on what I've dealt with medically. Tried it as I was desperate for relief, so I DO know first hand. Claiming it helps is just an excuse, and if there were evidence it did, the medical community would embrace it, which they do not.

Sounds like you are talking about crackheads. Gateway drugs. Psh. Alcohol and tobacco are gateway drugs. I don't see complaining about those leading to "hard core" drug use.

Okay, ah huh! Why do you think that even on Native American reservations where they legally sell alcohol and cigarettes, they frown so much on weed, that if someone living on tribal land is caught, they get kicked off. Their reasoning, not my own, is that smoking dope DOES lead to harder drug use. You are the one who doesn't know what you are talking about. Just trying to excuse whatever you happen to be into doesn't justify anything and certainly isn't factual.

Okay, ah huh! Why do you think that even on Native American reservations where they legally sell alcohol and cigarettes, they frown so much on weed, that if someone living on tribal land is caught, they get kicked off. Their reasoning, not my own, is that smoking dope DOES lead to harder drug use. You are the one who doesn't know what you are talking about. Just trying to excuse whatever you happen to be into doesn't justify anything and certainly isn't factual.
They use peyote on Indian reservations. Do you consider that a hard drug?

What do you think about medical marijuana? Don't you think it's strange that it's getting legalized everywhere since recently? Some years ago potheads were laughing at and now it is completely okay to smoke weed almost everywhere. Sure thing it can be used for medical purposes but it seems like things are going way too fast. It can cause schizophrenia and make people addicted in no time.
Maybe it's too early to legalize it? A question to pot smokers: how has marijuana improved your life?
It is great. I am euphoric when about my chores, now.

Get serious. Don't know what you consider "hard" drugs, but the rest of the world thinks it's things like cocaine, heroin, pain drug abuse, just to name a few. Come on, knock off the bullshit!

Get serious. Don't know what you consider "hard" drugs, but the rest of the world thinks it's things like cocaine, heroin, pain drug abuse, just to name a few. Come on, knock off the bullshit!
Wow, you're really ignorant, aren't you? Peyote is a dangerous drug. It may not be addictive but that doesn't make it safe.

Wow, you're really ignorant, aren't you? Peyote is a dangerous drug. It may not be addictive but that doesn't make it safe.

You're just a stoner in denial. Name calling? Really?? Stick and stones...

You're just a stoner in denial. Name calling? Really?? Stick and stones...
Irony. You start flaming, then complain when I respond. Fuck you, go take a peyote trip, since you think it's not a dangerous drug, idiot.

The only problem I have with the medical use is that for one, the number of things it treats is going to keep getting bigger. Like the poster above, insomnia.. LOL, how long did you have to search for that Doctor?
and, the biggest issue is that once it is legal for medical use, then the users start fighting to get it paid for like a prescription, and its going to cost us all.
now as far as it being addictive and causing schizophrenia??? Dont think so.
Somebody watched Reefer Madness.

As long as it is illegal on the Federal list, insurance cos won't cover it. And Big Pharma will always lobby against it, because the profit factor is minimal compared to the artificial chemical compounds they like to peddle. Ever watch the evening news & count how many drug ads there are telling YOU to talk to your doctor & ask for more drugs? I watch NBC, & there's no less than 6-7 ads on within a 30 min span. That avgs out to 1 ad every 5 minutes. SOMEBODY has to pay for their peddling. But, I guess it's much better to have a script for Ambien or Lunesta... which ARE addictive & the side effects are truly scary.

Ambien (zolpidem) is a sedative/hypnotic used for treating insomnia. A generic formulation is available. The most common side effects of Ambien (zolpidem) are drowsiness, dizziness, weakness, lightheadedness, "drugged" feeling, tiredness, loss of coordination, stuffy nose, dry mouth, sore throat, nausea, constipation, diarrhea, stomach upset, headache, or muscle pain. Other side effects of Ambien include confusion, insomnia, euphoria, ataxia (balance problems), and visual changes. Ambien can cause withdrawal symptoms (muscle cramps, sweats, shaking, and seizures)....

...Tell your doctor right away if any of these unlikely but serious side effects occur: memory loss, mental/mood/behavior changes (such as new/worsening depression, abnormal thoughts, thoughts of suicide, hallucinations, confusion, agitation, aggressive behavior, anxiety).
Rarely, after taking this drug, people have gotten out of bed and driven vehicles while not fully awake ("sleep-driving"). People have also sleepwalked, prepared/eaten food, made phone calls, or had sex while not fully awake. Often, these people do not remember these events. This problem can be dangerous to you or to others. If you find out that you have done any of these activities after taking this medication, tell your doctor right away. Your risk is increased if you use alcohol or other medications that can make you drowsy while taking zolpidem.

Side Effects of Ambien (Zolpidem Tartrate) Drug Center - RxList

Last edited:
Other medications that are far more harmful.

Tell me how harmful Timolol, Latanaprost, and Xalatan are for Glaucoma users. Make sure you're certain because I use or have used all three.

As for pain/cancer issues... paun is a part of life and my plan for dealing with cancer involves a bullet to the head.

That's nice. You do that. But others may have a need & want to live. Without pain. Without even more chemicals ravaging their already fragile bodies, to counteract the effects of chemotherapy.

Nicotine & alcohol are the true gateway drugs.

5nG6Xzg.jpg

Don't even go there! You haven't a clue what I've been through, so don't speculate on what I've dealt with medically. Tried it as I was desperate for relief, so I DO know first hand. Claiming it helps is just an excuse, and if there were evidence it did, the medical community would embrace it, which they do not.

Legalize Medical Marijuana, Doctors Say in Survey

By R. Scott Rappold
WebMD Health News
Reviewed by Michael W. Smith, MD

April 2, 2014 -- A majority of doctors say that medical marijuana should be legalized nationally and that it can deliver real benefits to patients, a new survey by WebMD/Medscape finds.

WebMD’s web site for health professionals surveyed 1,544 doctors as more than 10 states consider bills to legalize medical marijuana. It is already legal in 21 states and Washington, DC.

The survey found solid support for those legalization efforts, with most doctors saying medical marijuana should be legal in their states. They agreed that medical marijuana should be an option for patients. The survey included doctors from more than 12 specialties and 48 states..."

Legalize Medical Marijuana, Doctors Say in Survey

Organizations Supporting Access to Therapeutic Cannabis
Follow Us!
Share This!
mail.png

This list can be downloaded here.

Addiction Science Forum – 2009

AIDS Action Council – 1996

*Alaska Nurses Association – 1998

Alaska Voters – 1998

Alliance for Cannabis Therapeutics – 1981

+American Academy of Family Physicians – 1989, 1995

American Academy of HIV Medicine – 2003

American Anthropological Association – 2003

American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU)

American College of Physicians – 2008

American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees – 2006

American Medical Association’s Council on Scientific Affairs – 2001

American Medical Association’s Medical Student Section – 2008

American Medical Association’s Pacific Rim Caucus – 2008

Alaska Medical Association

Hawaii Medical Association

Guam Medical Association

American Medical Students Association – 1993

+*American Nurses Association – 2003

*American Preventive Medical Association – 1997

+*American Public Health Association (APHA) – 1995

Ann Arbor, MI – 2004

Arizona Voters – 1996 & 1998

+Association of Nurses in AIDS Care – 1999

Berkeley, CA – 1979

Breckenridge, CO – 1994

Burlington, VT – 1994 & 2004

California Academy of Family Physicians – 1996

California Democratic Party – 1993

California Legislative Council for Older Americans – 1993

+California Medical Association – 1994

California Nurses Association – 1995

California-Pacific Annual Conference of the United Methodist Church – 1996

California Pharmacists Association – 1997

California Voters – 1996

Cannabis Freedom Fund – 1996

Coalition for Rescheduling Cannabis – 2002

Colorado Voters – 2000

*Colorado Nurses Association – 1995

Columbia, MO – 2004

*+Connecticut Nurses Association – 2004

Contigo-Conmigo – 1997

Consumer Reports Magazine – 1997

Crescent Alliance Self Help for Sickle Cell – 1999

Cure AIDS now – 1991

Detroit, MI – 2004

District of Columbia Voters – 1999

+Episcopal Church of the U.S. – 1982

Farmacy – 1999

Federation of American Scientists – 1994

Ferndale, MI – 2004

Florida Governor’s Red Ribbon Panel on AIDS – 1993

Florida Medical Association – 1997

Frisco, CO – 1994

Green Party – 1998

Hailey, ID – 2007

Hawaii Kokua Council of Senior Citizens – 2000

*Hawaii Legislature – 2000

*Hawaii Nurses Association – 1999

+HIV Medicine Association – 2006

Idaho Disabled American Veterans – 2004

*Illinois Nurses Association – 2004

Institute of Medicine – 1982 & 1999

International Cannabis Alliance of Researchers and Educators (I-CARE) – 1992

Iowa Civil Liberties Union

Iowa Democratic Party – 1994 & 2000 & 2004

Kaiser Permanente – 1997

Lancet – 1997

Life Extension Foundation – 1997

Libertarian Party – 1999

Los Angeles County AIDS Commission – 1996

Lymphoma Foundation of America – 1997

Madison, WI – 1993, 2004

Maine AIDS Alliance – 1997

Maine Voters – 1999

Marin County, CA – 1993

+Medical Society of the State of New York – 2004

Michigan Democratic Party – 2008

Michigan Voters – 2008

Minnesota Democratic Farm-Labor Party – 1992

*Mississippi Nurses Association – 1995

Molaki Advertiser-News Editorial Staff – 1999

Montana Voters – 2006

Mothers Against Misuse and Abuse (MAMA) -1992

Multiple Sclerosis California Action Network (MS-CAN) – 1996

National Association for Public Health Policy – 1998

National Association of Attorneys General – 1983

National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (NACDL)

National Association of People with AIDS – 1992

*National Nurses Society on Addictions (NNSA) – 1995

Nevada Voters – 1998

New England Journal of Medicine – 1997

New Hampshire Medical Association – 2003

New Jersey Nurses Association – 2002

New Mexico Legislature – 2007

New Mexico Medical Society – 2001

*New Mexico Nurses Association – 1997

*New York State Nurses Association – 1995

New York State Association of County Health Officials – 2003

*North Carolina Nurses Association – 1996

Oak Creek, CO – 2005

Oakland, California – 1998

Ohio Patient Network – 2001

Oregon Voters – 1998

Oregon Green Party – 2001

Oregon Democratic Party – 1998

Patients Out of Time – 1995

Pennsylvania State Nurses Association – 2014

Physicians Association for AIDS Care

Physicians for Social Responsibility (Oregon) – 1998

Presbyterian Church (USA), General Assembly – 2006

Progressive National Baptist Convention – 2004

Republican Liberty Caucus National Committee – 1999

Rhode Island Legislature – 2006

Rhode Island Medical Society – 2004

Rhode Island Nurses Association – 2004

Rhode Island Patient Advocacy coalition – 2003

San Diego, CA – 1994

San Francisco, CA – 1992

San Francisco Medical Society – 1996

Santa Cruz County, CA – 1993

+Texas Democratic Convention – 2004

Texas Nurses Association -2005

The American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees (AFSCME) – 2006

Traverse City, MI – 2004

Unitarian Universalist Association – 2004

United Methodist Church – 2004

+Union for Reform Judaism – 2003

Vermont Legislature – 2007

Veterans for Medical Marijuana Access – 2007

*Virginia Nurses Association – 1994, 2004

*Virginia Nurses Society on Addictions – 1993

*Washington Hemp Education Network – 1999

Washington Democratic Party – 1998 & 2000

Washington Medical Association – 2008

Washington Voters – 1998

Wisconsin Democratic Party – 1997& 2002

Wisconsin Public Health Association – 1999

Wisconsin Nurses Association – 1999

Supporting Research

American Academy of Addiction Psychiatry – 2000

+American Academy of Family Physicians – 1977

American Cancer Society – 1997

*American Nurses Association, Congress of Nursing Practice – 1996

American Society of Addiction Medicine – 2000

+California Medical Association – 1997 & 2006

California Society of Addiction Medicine – 1997

+*Connecticut Nurses Association – 2004

+Council of Health Organizations – 1971

Federation of American Scientists – 1995

+HIV Medicine Association – 2006

+Medical Society of the State of New York – 2004

National Institute of Health Workshop on the Medical Utility of Marijuana – 1997

+Northern New England Psychiatric Society

Texas Medical Association – 2003

+Union for Reform Judaism – 2003

Wisconsin State Medical Society – 1998

Women of Reform Judaism – 2000

No Criminal Penalty

Amherst, MA – 2000

Alaska Medical Association – 1972

+American Academy of Family Physicians – 1977

American Bar Association – 1977

American Medical Association – 1977

+American Public Health Association – 1971

American Social Health Association – 1974

+Berkeley, CA – 1972

Billy Graham Ministries – 1998

B’nai B’rith Women – 1974

+California Medical Association – 2006

Central Conference of American Rabbis – 1973

+*Connecticut Nurses Association – 2004

+Council of Health Organizations – 1971

District of Columbia Medical Society – 1973

+Episcopal Church of the US – 1973

Episcopal Diocese of New York – 1975

Gray Panthers – 1975

Illinois Bar Association – 1974

Lutheran Student Movement – 1975

Massachusetts Bar Association – 1974

National Association for Mental Health – 1972

National Association of Social Workers – 1975

National Council of Churches – 1973

National Education Association – 1978

New York Bar Association – 1974

+Northern New England Psychiatric Society

Progressive National Baptist Convention – 2004

Southern California Psychiatric Society – 1979

United Church of Christ – 2002

United Methodists – 1976

+Unitarian Universalist Association – 1970, 2002, 2004

Vermont Bar Association – 1974

+Washington Democratic Party – 2000

Non-U.S. Organizations

Arachnoiditis Trust, UK – 2000

Australian National Task Force on Cannabis – 1994

Australian Medical Association (New South Wales) – 1999

British Columbia, Canada, Green party – 2004

British Medical Association – 1997

Bundesverband Poliomyelitis (Federal Union for Polio),

Germany – 1998

Canadian AIDS Society – 2004

Canadian Association of Chiefs of Police – 2001

Canadian Medical Association – 2001

Canadian Medical Association Journal – 2001

Canadian Medical Journal – 2001

Deutsche AIDS-Hilfe (German AIDS Support Organization) – 1998

Deutsche Epilepsievereinigung (German Association for Epilepsy) -1998

Deutsche Gesellschaft für Algesiologie (German Society for

Algesiology) -1998

Deutsche Gesellschaft für Drogen-und Suchtmedizin (German Society for Drug and Addiction Medicine) -1998

Deutsche Gesellschaft niedergelassener Ärzte zur

Versorgung HIV – 1998

French Ministry of Health – 1997

Health Canada – 1997

House of Lords (UK) Select Committee on Science and Technology – 1999

International Association for Cannabis as Medicine – 2000

Infizierter (German Working Group for Therapists of the HIV infected) –1999

Legalise Cannabis Alliance – 2000

New South Wales (Australia) Parliamentary Working Party on the Use of Cannabis for Medical Purposes – 2000

New Zealand Health Select Committee – 2003

Lancet (UK) – 1995, 1998

Medical Association of Jamaica – 2001

Medical Cannabis Research Foundation (UK) – 2000

National Commission on Ganja, Jamaica – 2001

National Council on Drug Abuse, Jamaica – 2001

Preventive Medical Center, Netherlands – 1993

Schmerztherapeutisches Kolloquium (Society for Pain Therapists) Germany – 1998

Stichting Institute of Medical Marijuana, Netherlands – 1993

United Church of Jamaica and Cayman Islands – 2000

Organizations Supporting Access to Therapeutic Cannabis | Medical Cannabis

AND, many people may not know this... but the active compounds in cannabis has a US patent, meaning that the science is there to prove its medicinal properties.

Cannabinoids as antioxidants and neuroprotectants

US 6630507 B1
Abstract
Cannabinoids have been found to have antioxidant properties, unrelated to NMDA receptor antagonism. This new found property makes cannabinoids useful in the treatment and prophylaxis of wide variety of oxidation associated diseases, such as ischemic, age-related, inflammatory and autoimmune diseases. The cannabinoids are found to have particular application as neuroprotectants, for example in limiting neurological damage following ischemic insults, such as stroke and trauma, or in the treatment of neurodegenerative diseases, such as Alzheimer's disease, Parkinson's disease and HIV dementia. Nonpsychoactive cannabinoids, such as cannabidoil, are particularly advantageous to use because they avoid toxicity that is encountered with psychoactive cannabinoids at high doses useful in the method of the present invention. A particular disclosed class of cannabinoids useful as neuroprotective antioxidants is formula (I) wherein the R group is independently selected from the group consisting of H, CH3, and COCH3.

Patent US6630507 - Cannabinoids as antioxidants and neuroprotectants

Forum List

Back