Media pummels solar industry!

Discussion in 'Environment' started by skookerasbil, Aug 30, 2018.

1. Weatherman2020

Weatherman2020 Educating Libs Since 1978

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +43,808
    In SoCal I had solar because I wanted to screw SDGE back. But in the process I learned the industry has a lot of scams taking place that the left refuse to address.

2. skookerasbil

skookerasbil Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,121
    No worries.....solar is a fringe energy entity and always will be. There are enough investors out there taking profits to make it viable. Barely. Same as the EV market. Its business.....if there are just enough suckers at the margins willing to buy, the business is perpetuated. When compared to fossil fuels, it's a joke. Like comparing CocaCola, Valeo Foods and PepsiCo to Suntory Holdings in the soft drink industry......

Suntory "growth rates" look impressive as hell....but when compared to Valeo and CocaCola, its laughable >>>

Google Image Result for https://www.maritimefirstnewspaper.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/soft-drinks-co-shares-1.png

You see.....when progressive shit is put into a comparison context, you start realizing the level of fake ( or mental case :2up: ).

• Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2018
  3. Billy_Bob

Billy_Bob Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13,989
    No solar panel generates 80% of rated output at 10 years in age... What the hell are you smoking? You and Taxman must be on drugs together..

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Old Rocks

Old Rocks Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18,612
    You are such a pathetic little liar, Silly Billy. Here are the facts;

The Life Expectancy of Solar Panels - How Long Will They Last

How long do solar panels last?

Solar panels are increasingly becoming a popular way to provide energy to UK houses, due in large part to rising energy bills and carbon emissions. The newer solar panel models in the market are expected to have 40-50 year lifespans and warranties to protect them for at least half that time.

The warranties also guarantee the performance level of the panels over their first 25 years. Most warranties guarantee that performance will not drop below 80% by the end of the warranty period. Some panels have been known to still be more than 80% efficient by the end of their life.

With care and attention, solar panels could potentially last over forty years after installation, although their performance will have deteriorated marginally over that time. The 40-50 year life expectancy goes for both monocrystalline and polycrystalline solar panels. Less is known about the lifespan of thin film panels at the moment but, as they also have 25 year warranties as standard, they are expected to match the long life of crystalline panels. The size and wattage of the system should not impact its lifespan.

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. Billy_Bob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13,989
    Old Fraud.... I just went and checked the CURRENT testing at NTSC site. Here are the values.

upload_2018-9-3_13-22-59.png

Pre 2000 And Post 2000 testing

There have been some improvements but care and maintenance will be the key to doing as well as the average. I said 2% and the current average is 1.2%. That implies they have made decent progress since 2005..

Warranties can say whatever the the hell they want as most people are clueless on how to calculate functionality. The AVERAGE means some will do better and some will not. Do you know the average number of panels that fail inside 10 years? 1 in 8
    That number too has made progress as in just 2010 it was 3 in 7.

Technologies are changing and progress is being made but the big problem is still storage and conversion to our use.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2018
  6. Tax Man

Tax Man Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,068
    Peterson dean is a solar company and can be found at PD.solar. They have a 30 year warranty on the panels they sell and install. Now just because I screwed you guys doesn't mean I am lying. I know what I pay and I am very happy unlike yous guys.

If my panels do not produce the proper output they will install a new one or ones .

7. Billy_Bob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13,989
    You didn't "screw" anyone but yourself... I would have to see your warranty but I'm betting that after 7 years you pay yourself for everything. Now that may not be the case if you Leased your system. Then the whole thing belongs to them and your paying them instead of the power company.. Which means they took the subsidies and your left holding the bag..

8. skookerasbil

skookerasbil Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,121
    Nobody is gonna csres about panel life if nobody is buying!:coffee: