Media Matters Calls on Murdoch to rein in Beck, Palin

They wont stop until more people are dead.

they are continuing to deny words mean anything.

No matter how many of their fellow Americans ask them they wont stop using the violent images until more people die.

I keep being told of this hate speech from Beck, Palin, etc. Where the fuck is it? I have researched this shit every which way I can and I can find no evidence of any hate. I found - with thanks to a couple of liberals on the board - one comment from Beck that I deemed inappropriate.. about some of the victims of 9/11... However, hate speech is not one sentence - taken out of context. Hate speech is a continual and constant repetition.

I find none - from anyone. Left or right.

I do, however, find a whole bunch of bullshit accusations - mainly from the left wing, but certainly also from the right.... Bullshit is not hate. Bullshit is just bullshit.

I keep being told of this hate speech from Beck, Palin, etc. Where the fuck is it? I have researched this shit every which way I can and I can find no evidence of any hate. I found - with thanks to a couple of liberals on the board - one comment from Beck that I deemed inappropriate.. about some of the victims of 9/11... However, hate speech is not one sentence - taken out of context. Hate speech is a continual and constant repetition.

I do, however, find a whole bunch of bullshit accusations - mainly from the left wing, but certainly also from the right.... Bullshit is not hate. Bullshit is just bullshit.

Maybe 'hate speech' isn't the proper term, i'll give you that. But when he (Beck) refers to himself as a 'progressive hunter' who tells his viewers/listeners to "drive a stake through the heart of the bloodsuckers", I take issue.

They wont stop until more people are dead.

they are continuing to deny words mean anything.

No matter how many of their fellow Americans ask them they wont stop using the violent images until more people die.

Go_fuck_yourself.png

Maybe 'hate speech' isn't the proper term, i'll give you that. But when he (Beck) refers to himself as a 'progressive hunter' who tells his viewers/listeners to "drive a stake through the heart of the bloodsuckers", I take issue.

wow, he really said that? you would have a link for this right, I'd really really like to see it.

wow, he really said that? you would have a link for this right, I'd really really like to see it.

It was quoted in the story I linked in the original post.

Sorry, I DON'T TAKE ANYTHING that MEDIAMATTERS says as the TRUTH.
They have been PROVEN to make stuff up, take peoples words out of context and just outright lie.
You got another link?

I don't listen to him or watch him. I only know that I have sat through fucking hours of his gibberish and have yet to hear him refer to himself as a 'progressive hunter', or heard him tell anyone to 'drive a stake through' anything.

He may have. But, firstly, that ain't 'hate' or 'violent'. It is passionate. He is, without doubt, a very passionate man.

As I said. I found no evidence of any 'hate speech'. It seems to me that some people use 'hate' to describe speech they just don't like.

Then more fool you for taking at face value what is claimed in the article.

Just because Beck once used a phrase does not mean it is 'hate speech'. If, he opens every show with the phrase, I might be inclined to disapprove of it. But I have no evidence of how often, and in what context, he used the phrases referred to. The left have a habit of taking one use of a phrase on a single occasion... and defining an individual by that one phrase. I find that silly and, in the case of mediamatters, out and out lies.

Why would I do that?

No one has suggested banning anything.

We have just been asking you to stop defending the violent imaging and help us throw it our of the poltical sphere.

Instead you peopole just keep defending it.

Why would I do that?

No one has suggested banning anything.

We have just been asking you to stop defending the violent imaging and help us throw it our of the poltical sphere.

Instead you peopole just keep defending it.

you people are a joke.

WHO IS IT that gets to DECIDE what is and what isn't, VIOLENT IMAGING?
good gawd, this whole thing is STUPID.

Forum List

Back