Media Matters Calls on Murdoch to rein in Beck, Palin

You guys know that all TDM is trying to do here is bait someone, through the use of obviously insane rhetoric, into wishing violence on her right? She won't be happy until she can scream the word "hypocrite".

Why would I do that?

No one has suggested banning anything.

We have just been asking you to stop defending the violent imaging and help us throw it our of the poltical sphere.

Instead you peopole just keep defending it.

you people are a joke.

WHO IS IT that gets to DECIDE what is and what isn't, VIOLENT IMAGING?
good gawd, this whole thing is STUPID.

Guns and crosshairs, talk of hunting people, second amendment remedies, reloading, Being aked to be locked and loaded.

These are all violent imagery.

Guns were designed to kill things.

Everyone knows this.

its a pretty easy call.

"Beck and Palin are two of Fox's most recognizable figures," Brock writes. "Before this heartbreaking tragedy in Arizona, you were either unwilling or unable to rein in their violent rhetoric."

Not saying they caused the tragedy in Arizona, but the type of culture they create with their words creates a dangerous radical political climate...

I disagree that their ideas and rhetoric had anything to do with causing the tradgic shooting the other day.

This is just an excuse to try and allow the federal government more power over our god given freedom of speech.

Truthmatters....do you work for mediamatters by any chance?

They wont stop until more people are dead.

they are continuing to deny words mean anything.

No matter how many of their fellow Americans ask them they wont stop using the violent images until more people die.

Hey FUCKSTICK..... Do you think maybe George Soros, who contributes to MM, should be condemned for putting a $1,000,000.00 bounty on Glenn Becks head?

You disgust me TM.... Im sorry I ever reached out to you over the Christmas holiday to try and make peace with you. You stink the high Heavens!

No matter how many of their fellow Americans ask them they wont stop using the violent images until more people die.

Hey FUCKSTICK..... Do you think maybe George Soros, who contributes to MM, should be condemned for putting a $1,000,000.00 bounty on Glenn Becks head?

You disgust me TM.... Im sorry I ever reached out to you over the Christmas holiday to try and make peace with you. You stink the high Heavens!

What is this bounty thing....can you clarify?

I think, if I remember right, George Sorros offered up a million bucks to anyone with info to hurt Glenn Beck's career but am not totally sure....help me out :)?

What is this bounty thing....can you clarify?

I think, if I remember right, George Sorros offered up a million bucks to anyone with info to hurt Glenn Beck's career but am not totally sure....help me out :)?

NYT: Soros Donates $1 Million to Media Matters for Fight Against FOX and Glenn Beck | The Blaze

How I wish people could jsut agree to stop using the violent imagery in the political sphere.

It is too much for the right to give up.

I dont understand why they refuse to just not talk violently.

More people are going to have to die first.

Damn I wish there was something that could be done to avoid the next deaths.

More people are going to die bec

Why would I do that?

No one has suggested banning anything.

We have just been asking you to stop defending the violent imaging and help us throw it our of the poltical sphere.

Instead you peopole just keep defending it.

you people are a joke.

WHO IS IT that gets to DECIDE what is and what isn't, VIOLENT IMAGING?
good gawd, this whole thing is STUPID.

Guns and crosshairs, talk of hunting people, second amendment remedies, reloading, Being aked to be locked and loaded.

These are all violent imagery.

Guns were designed to kill things.

Everyone knows this.

its a pretty easy call.

Kind of like bringing a gun to a knife fight? (Barack Obama)

Or telling kids to 'go home and kill their parents'? (Bill Ayers)

I could go on.

For every example you provide from 'the right'. I can provide one from 'the left'. Where does that get us? Can you ever accept that your own side are equally 'guilty' when it comes to extreme rhetoric? Or will you just carry on lying?

How I wish people could jsut agree to stop using the violent imagery in the political sphere.

It is too much for the right to give up.

I dont understand why they refuse to just not talk violently.

More people are going to have to die first.

Damn I wish there was something that could be done to avoid the next deaths.

More people are going to die bec

Gosh, I wish more people walked to work.... people are going to die in car wrecks.
Gosh, I wish people would not fly in planes.... people are going to keep dying in plane crashes.
Gee wilikers, I wish people would chew their food.... people need to learn CPR, and if you dont you are a murderer for not knowing CPR.

:cuckoo:

You are a 1st class asshat TM!

WOW

Gues TDM has never caught Ed Shitforbrains when he's on a tear about something.

Hell. He's probably one of her favorites.

Really still trying to figure out how it is possible some on the left are linking this shooting to right wing talk radio or comments made by some politicians on the right.The FBI hasn't made that connection,local law enforcement hasn't done that.Oh wait it just may be possible that the left is using this tragedy to support their hate the right agenda.:eusa_whistle:

"Beck and Palin are two of Fox's most recognizable figures," Brock writes. "Before this heartbreaking tragedy in Arizona, you were either unwilling or unable to rein in their violent rhetoric."

Not saying they caused the tragedy in Arizona, but the type of culture they create with their words creates a dangerous radical political climate...

While they are at it, how about adding Oberlman, Sharpton, Krugman, et al. Will never see equal blame from Media Matters as they are completely liberal agenda driven. I wait patiently for a poster to prove that statement as false.

I keep being told of this hate speech from Beck, Palin, etc. Where the fuck is it? I have researched this shit every which way I can and I can find no evidence of any hate. I found - with thanks to a couple of liberals on the board - one comment from Beck that I deemed inappropriate.. about some of the victims of 9/11... However, hate speech is not one sentence - taken out of context. Hate speech is a continual and constant repetition.

I find none - from anyone. Left or right.

I do, however, find a whole bunch of bullshit accusations - mainly from the left wing, but certainly also from the right.... Bullshit is not hate. Bullshit is just bullshit.

Maybe 'hate speech' isn't the proper term, i'll give you that. But when he (Beck) refers to himself as a 'progressive hunter' who tells his viewers/listeners to "drive a stake through the heart of the bloodsuckers", I take issue.

You might look up the definition of a metaphor. You also might research similar statements by those on the left. In 2004, Dems used bullseyes on a map of the USA to "target" states they wanted to win elections. Both sides do it so the selective feigned outrage is nothing more than a way to score political points. To do so after a tragic event with no evidence of it being the catalyst is reprehensible. This is not a Left or Right tragedy but rather an American tragedy.

Forum List

Back