Media Matters boss paid former partner $850G 'blackmail' settlement

Conservative

Type 40
Jul 1, 2011
Pennsylvania
Looks like he could of got some back............

On March 8, 2011, Brock filed his own suit against Grey for more than $4 million, demanding Grey return the $850,000, plus pay millions more in punitive damages. The two settled two months ago under terms that remain confidential.

Read more: ]Media Matters Boss Paid Former Partner $850G 'blackmail' Settlement | Fox News

Brock and Alefantis remain in Washington, where Brock has released a new book attacking Fox News. He is also under scrutiny from several members of Congress amid reports Media Matters for America is in possible violation of IRS laws governing nonprofits.

Read more: Media Matters Boss Paid Former Partner $850G 'blackmail' Settlement | Fox News

Alleging that MMfA's War on Fox - as well as its partisan activities - was not primarily educational as MMfA had insisted, but was instead "unlawful conduct", former Fox consultant and George H.W. Bush's White House counsel C. Boyden Gray sent a letter to the IRS asking that MMfA's tax-exempt status be revoked.[66]
Prior to Gray's IRS petition Politico reported that FoxNews had run "more than 30 segments calling for the nonprofit group to be stripped of its tax-exempt status".[65] In another report Politico said Fox News and Fox Business campaigns held that "the non-profit’s status as an educator is violated by partisan attacks.

Marcus Owens, former head of the IRS non-profit division, said only an IRS audit would reveal if MMfA had indeed used its tax free revenues not for educational purposes, but mostly for political activities, which would result in loss of tax free status. Owens also stated that some political activity by a non-profit is legal under the tax code.[70]
In regards to the War on Fox, Politico reported:[71]
"Owens emphasized that there is nothing in the IRS rules that prohibits tax-exempt educational nonprofits from attacking specific companies or from zeroing in on one company — as long as there is no private benefit to that company’s competitor — so Media Matters’s increasing focus on Fox News over the past few years does not trigger a violation."
Media Matters for America - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yeah, I doubt I will trust FoxNews as a credible source on this subject, seems like they are out for blood. But nice try.

On March 8, 2011, Brock filed his own suit against Grey for more than $4 million, demanding Grey return the $850,000, plus pay millions more in punitive damages. The two settled two months ago under terms that remain confidential.

Read more: ]Media Matters Boss Paid Former Partner $850G 'blackmail' Settlement | Fox News

Brock and Alefantis remain in Washington, where Brock has released a new book attacking Fox News. He is also under scrutiny from several members of Congress amid reports Media Matters for America is in possible violation of IRS laws governing nonprofits.

Read more: Media Matters Boss Paid Former Partner $850G 'blackmail' Settlement | Fox News

Alleging that MMfA's War on Fox - as well as its partisan activities - was not primarily educational as MMfA had insisted, but was instead "unlawful conduct", former Fox consultant and George H.W. Bush's White House counsel C. Boyden Gray sent a letter to the IRS asking that MMfA's tax-exempt status be revoked.[66]
Prior to Gray's IRS petition Politico reported that FoxNews had run "more than 30 segments calling for the nonprofit group to be stripped of its tax-exempt status".[65] In another report Politico said Fox News and Fox Business campaigns held that "the non-profit’s status as an educator is violated by partisan attacks.

Marcus Owens, former head of the IRS non-profit division, said only an IRS audit would reveal if MMfA had indeed used its tax free revenues not for educational purposes, but mostly for political activities, which would result in loss of tax free status. Owens also stated that some political activity by a non-profit is legal under the tax code.[70]
"Owens emphasized that there is nothing in the IRS rules that prohibits tax-exempt educational nonprofits from attacking specific companies or from zeroing in on one company — as long as there is no private benefit to that company’s competitor — so Media Matters’s increasing focus on Fox News over the past few years does not trigger a violation."

Yeah, I doubt I will trust FoxNews as a credible source on this subject, seems like they are out for blood. But nice try.

:lmao: Media Matters are the least 'credible' source available.... and you're whining about Fox. Now that is funny.... in a "man, how much more stupid can one stoner get" kind of way.

:lmao: Media Matters are the least 'credible' source available.... and you're whining about Fox. Now that is funny.... in a "man, how much more stupid can one stoner get" kind of way.

Is there a reason why you had to bring up drugs in this thread? You right wingers are precious today.

And where did I say MediaMatters was a credible source? Do you ever see me use them as a source? You obviously didnt get my point.

Forum List

Back