Media can no Longer Afford boots on the Ground

william the wie

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2009
Most news originates on Twitter or Facebook. The reporters are unpaid for the most part and the ad revenue is higher per eyeball than Fox or MSNBC dream of. Bloomberg has launched a smart phone app and it is among the most cash rich media around even without that app so my question is simple, why isn't there better ideological online advertisement supported media on the right of center?

Most news originates on Twitter or Facebook. The reporters are unpaid for the most part and the ad revenue is higher per eyeball than Fox or MSNBC dream of. Bloomberg has launched a smart phone app and it is among the most cash rich media around even without that app so my question is simple, why isn't there better ideological online advertisement supported media on the right of center?

I have a theory, but it's a bit... out there.

I don't think the problem is so much that there is a lack of interest in the idea, as much as there is a fundamental difference the ideological view of what being in the news media is about.

The right-wing ideology does not seek to change people, and remake the world in their own personal views.

The left-wing does.

If you can imagine how that effects the motivations and desire to get into the news media business, you can see why there is more a bent to the left.

Right-wing people tend to not view news media, as a method for changing government, and the world. So getting into the new media is more about... just giving the news.

Left-wing people believe that they have the ability to change all of society, and thus are driven to join the news media to push their views of the world, unto the rest of us through their 'news coverage'.

Which ideology would tend to attract more people? Some grand crusade to change the world? Or to report the news....?

So it doesn't surprise me that it's easier to get partisan-driven ideologues to start a new news media venture.... than a right-wingers that simply wants to report the news.

I will say that the recent events concerning Facebook and other social media outlets, have created more of a demand for a more neutral, or even right-wing bent social media outlet. I think it is possible that someone could step up and see a cash-cow that hasn't been milked yet.

Fox News saw there was a need for a right-wing bent channel, and I think with Facebook ditching any pretense of neutrality, we'll see something soon. Unless they come to their senses, and back off the censorship... but I don't see that happening.

The other problem is that a low cost terminal app is needed for the neutral to center right media market.

I have a theory, but it's a bit... out there.

I don't think the problem is so much that there is a lack of interest in the idea, as much as there is a fundamental difference the ideological view of what being in the news media is about.

The right-wing ideology does not seek to change people, and remake the world in their own personal views.

The left-wing does.

If you can imagine how that effects the motivations and desire to get into the news media business, you can see why there is more a bent to the left.

Right-wing people tend to not view news media, as a method for changing government, and the world. So getting into the new media is more about... just giving the news.

Left-wing people believe that they have the ability to change all of society, and thus are driven to join the news media to push their views of the world, unto the rest of us through their 'news coverage'.

Which ideology would tend to attract more people? Some grand crusade to change the world? Or to report the news....?

So it doesn't surprise me that it's easier to get partisan-driven ideologues to start a new news media venture.... than a right-wingers that simply wants to report the news.

I will say that the recent events concerning Facebook and other social media outlets, have created more of a demand for a more neutral, or even right-wing bent social media outlet. I think it is possible that someone could step up and see a cash-cow that hasn't been milked yet.

Fox News saw there was a need for a right-wing bent channel, and I think with Facebook ditching any pretense of neutrality, we'll see something soon. Unless they come to their senses, and back off the censorship... but I don't see that happening.

Hollywood and the Press are the Democratic Party's propaganda machine.
They need misinformed people.

Forum List

Back