Measles epidemic in Madagascar kills 'more than 900 children and young adults'

I'm still puzzled how/why measles have become such a deadly epidemic?

Back in the day, when I grew up, every kid in my neighborhood eventually contracted the measles. It was like a rite of passage. Same with chicken pox. My brother and sister also had both. As did all of my friends at elementary school.

Is this just a media hyped fake plague or something?? ... :dunno:
Did you not know the difference between measles and "german measles" aka rubella?

Death toll of measles outbreak in Madagascar reaches 926 with babies most at risk | Daily Mail Online

More than 900 children and young adults have been killed by the measles epidemic in Madagascar, with babies most at risk of contracting the deadly virus.

There have been more than 68,000 cases of the disease since the outbreak began on the African island in September, according to the World Health Organisation (WHO).

Low immunisation rates of under 60 per cent have been blamed for the high rate of measles in the poor nation over the years.

Those most at risk are infants from nine to 11 months old and malnourished children – and Madagascar has Africa's highest children's malnutrition rate at 47 per cent.

Anti vax nutters need to stfu.

How is this the anti-vaccination movement fault?

I sat maybe you should go down there and help with the vaccination of everyone...
It's not their fault; it is their argument that could mean the same happening here.

Will not happen here at all unless you turn America into a third world shit hole like many wish for.

Tommy would be wise to go after the anti-vaccine group with outbreaks here and not some third world shit hole.

Just sayin!
I visited a school for the deaf, once. Most of the kids had multiple handicaps, such as CP, MR, uncontrolled epilepsy, and some were basically vegetables. The staff member explained that since the MMR vaccine, most students were not "just" blind or "just" deaf, with otherwise normal intelligence. Before the MMR vaccine, there were institutions everywhere for kids who were "just" deaf or blind. Thanks to measles and rubella.

It's true that most of us get through without a problem (as a kid, the measles went through every year, and no one died or became blind), fortunately.

Most were affected in the womb, when their mothers caught rubella early in the pregnancy. Regular measles, though, can also cause hearing loss due to one case in ten resulting in pneumonia or ear infections; ear infections can lead to hearing loss,
I DID get a mild case of the measles when I was in elementary school, was quarantined for about 2 weeks and had a slight hearing loss because of it. Lots of kids back then got rubella (german measles) and then they found the link between that and exposing pregnant women to rubella (even if they didn't get it) causing birth defects. The March of Dimes really pushed for pregnant women to stay away from kids with rubella.

Death toll of measles outbreak in Madagascar reaches 926 with babies most at risk | Daily Mail Online

More than 900 children and young adults have been killed by the measles epidemic in Madagascar, with babies most at risk of contracting the deadly virus.

There have been more than 68,000 cases of the disease since the outbreak began on the African island in September, according to the World Health Organisation (WHO).

Low immunisation rates of under 60 per cent have been blamed for the high rate of measles in the poor nation over the years.

Those most at risk are infants from nine to 11 months old and malnourished children – and Madagascar has Africa's highest children's malnutrition rate at 47 per cent.

I sat maybe you should go down there and help with the vaccination of everyone...
It's not their fault; it is their argument that could mean the same happening here.

Will not happen here at all unless you turn America into a third world shit hole like many wish for.

Tommy would be wise to go after the anti-vaccine group with outbreaks here and not some third world shit hole.

Just sayin!
I visited a school for the deaf, once. Most of the kids had multiple handicaps, such as CP, MR, uncontrolled epilepsy, and some were basically vegetables. The staff member explained that since the MMR vaccine, most students were not "just" blind or "just" deaf, with otherwise normal intelligence. Before the MMR vaccine, there were institutions everywhere for kids who were "just" deaf or blind. Thanks to measles and rubella.

It's true that most of us get through without a problem (as a kid, the measles went through every year, and no one died or became blind), fortunately.

Most were affected in the womb, when their mothers caught rubella early in the pregnancy. Regular measles, though, can also cause hearing loss due to one case in ten resulting in pneumonia or ear infections; ear infections can lead to hearing loss,
Maybe Republicans believe that a hearing loss is acceptable if you can keep them from being vaccinated?

Can you prove most Republicans are anti-vaccine because you are known to lie!

Just sayin!

I DID get a mild case of the measles when I was in elementary school, was quarantined for about 2 weeks and had a slight hearing loss because of it. Lots of kids back then got rubella (german measles) and then they found the link between that and exposing pregnant women to rubella (even if they didn't get it) causing birth defects. The March of Dimes really pushed for pregnant women to stay away from kids with rubella.

I did not lose my hearing but I believe kids should be vaccinated...

My grandmother had scarlet fever when pregnant with the aunt that raised me, so it is no joke to me when it come to vaccines and protecting pregnant women...

Yeah for the NWO that is lowing the CO2 footprint. Right?

I'm not sure I understand the correlation between CO2 and measles.

People dying from the measles means less hot air in the world...

Less people farting as well. Are human farts any better for the client that bovine flatulence? I think not.

Yeah for the NWO that is lowing the CO2 footprint. Right?

I'm not sure I understand the correlation between CO2 and measles.

People dying from the measles means less hot air in the world...

Less people farting as well. Are human farts any better for the client that bovine flatulence? I think not.
At my age, a fart can be a very dangerous thing.

I'm still puzzled how/why measles have become such a deadly epidemic?

Back in the day, when I grew up, every kid in my neighborhood eventually contracted the measles. It was like a rite of passage. Same with chicken pox. My brother and sister also had both. As did all of my friends at elementary school.

Is this just a media hyped fake plague or something?? ... :dunno:
They have had areas of cases in the US since the vaccines started. Vaccination does not guarantee immunity either. The charts and stats do not distinguish between vaccinated and non-vaccinated.
Measles, Rubeola 1950-2012.PNG

New cases of measles U.S. 1950-2018 | Statistic

Guess the Islanders let strangers in and those strangers carried diseases deadly to them. They should have built a wall.

Forum List

Back