McMullin surging in Utah, second in Idaho

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 22, 2004
Minnesota
Evan McMullin Is Surging in Utah

Even is also not in second in Idaho ahead of Clinton. No alot of polling there so there isn't a clear picture on whether his numbers have momentum there. But there is some energy with this campaign.

Pollsters are also going to start asking about him in Minnesota. It may be more difficult but a win here hers Hillary and increases the odds of the 12th amendment being invoked

Even is also not in second in Idaho ahead of Clinton. No alot of polling there so there isn't a clear picture on whether his numbers have momentum there. But there is some energy with this campaign.

Pollsters are also going to start asking about him in Minnesota. It may be more difficult but a win here hers Hillary and increases the odds of the 12th amendment being invoked
Who is he?

If McMullin takes Utah, it just means Hillary will take just about everything else.

Hillary already has 260 EV's locked down, and she only has to win one of the following states.

Florida
Ohio
Minnesota
North Carolina
Arizona
Georgia

I think she's going win all of them. I think we are looking at the complete collapse of Trump and she's going to pick up states that weren't even on anyone's radar, like Texas and Indiana.

Who is he?

Evan McMullin for President

How Evan McMullin Could Win Utah And The Presidency

He is currently tied or ahead in Utah according to polls. A poll yesterday in Idaho has him ahead of Clinton but his events there are getting bigger. He is turning people away

It would be great to see a third party candidate grab a few EVs. Anything to start a momentum to break up the duopoly.

I agree. It's an important message to send even if it doesn't change the race. But with the race being tight it could be more important

It would be great to see a third party candidate grab a few EVs. Anything to start a momentum to break up the duopoly.

Not really.

The problem with third parties is that the people who vote for them and run on them tend to be goofs.

Let's review our most successful "Third Party" Candidates.

2000 - Pat Buchanan- Nazi and Ralph Nader - Hippy Nut
1992 & 1996- Ross Perot - Crazy person who thought the government was out to get him.
1980- John Anderson- Lost as a Republican, took his ball and went home.
1968- George Wallace- Racist
1948 - Strom Thurmond - Racist and Henry Wallace- Communist

seeing a pattern here? The kind of people who can't find a home in one of the two major parties aren't the kind of people you'd ever want running things, anyway. Usually, they are people who are rejected by their own parties for being so far outside the mainstream.

Now Gary Johnson will probably do well enough to qualify for Matching Funds, which I think is hilarious. The guy who runs on "all gummit bad" platform will be taking a government handout that the major parties don't use anymore because they limit the real parties from running effective campaigns

If McMullin takes Utah, it just means Hillary will take just about everything else.

Hillary already has 260 EV's locked down, and she only has to win one of the following states.

Florida
Ohio
Minnesota
North Carolina
Arizona
Georgia

I think she's going win all of them. I think we are looking at the complete collapse of Trump and she's going to pick up states that weren't even on anyone's radar, like Texas and Indiana.

Could be. But I think Utah will go independent no matter what else happens this race. And there are several weeks for world events to cause Clinton problems as well. Romney was set to be winning at this point in 2012.

I say any chance to avoid those two is worth taking

He is currently tied or ahead in Utah according to polls. A poll yesterday in Idaho has him ahead of Clinton but his events there are getting bigger. He is turning people away

Yup, that's what we need. Another Crazy Mormon running. Because that worked out so well the last time...

Funny-Mitt-Romney.jpg

Could be. But I think Utah will go independent no matter what else happens this race. And there are several weeks for world events to cause Clinton problems as well. Romney was set to be winning at this point in 2012.

I say any chance to avoid those two is worth taking

Actually, Romney was well behind at this point in 2012. The only poll that had him up besides the usual Wingnuts sources was Gallup, and they got it so wrong they aren't even doing presidential polls this year.

Yup, that's what we need. Another Crazy Mormon running. Because that worked out so well the last time...

Funny-Mitt-Romney.jpg

And yet this "crazy Mormon" has a shot at doing the unthinkable

meh, not really.

Dude, I actually respect that unlike the rest of the GOP, you Mormon nuts are sticking to your principles enough to not vote for a womanizing, racist, misogynist narcissist. That you can't translate that into support for the only candidate that can stop him (Hillary) kind of defeats that, but I'll give you props for not totally selling out like the Evangelicals.

But let's say your fantasy comes true and McMullin wins Utah and Idaho, and neither Hillary nor Trump gets 270. The election gets tossed into the House.

Well, guess what. The house is not going to elect McMullin.

They will probably elect Trump. Even if Hillary gets more votes, as she probably will.

Now, something like this hasn't happened since 1824, and everyone thought it was horrible then.

So he has a shot at maybe 6 electoral votes? However, he still has an outside chance of winning, actually, however remote, if the vote goes to Congress in the event of an electoral college deadlock, true enough.

It's unthinkable that anyone can be that delusional. I never heard of him but if he leans right, he is helping Hillary. If he leans left he is helping Trump. Reality doesn't conform to our wishful thinking.

Who is he?

Evan McMullin for President

How Evan McMullin Could Win Utah And The Presidency

Way too little at too late.

Funny-Mitt-Romney.jpg

It's cute how these Hillary cultists believe Mormons are somehow crazier than they are when they're far more looney than any Mormon is, isn't it? Hilarious stuff.

It's cute how these Hillary cultists believe Mormons are somehow crazier than they are when they're far more looney than any Mormon is, isn't it? Hilarious stuff.

Right, because believing in magic underwear and ruling your own planet in the afterlife is a lot more sane than thinking that Hillary is more qualified to be president than a game show host.

Forum List

Back