McDonalds Introduces Self Serving Kiosks in Response to Min Wage Increase

i cant wait to see the robots working the drive thru

More than likely you will pull up to a kiosk and punch in your order, drive up to a vending like machine where you can put in your cash or card to pay for it, then proceed to the pickup window where you will be handed your food.

Fast food make profit on being fast and selling in volume. Self-ordering will hurt both.

Obviously you've never been to my McDonald's.

The most often cited case involved a kid purchasing a Nolan Ryan rookie card from an unknowledgable clerk for twelve dollars instead of twelve hundred. Despite the fantasies, you can't purchase a cherry 1960's corvette out of barn from a naive widow for a few hundred dollars. For a transaction to be legit both parties have to operating from a somewhat equal position. That includes knowledge as to the value of the product involved. That especially holds true if the buyer holds themselves out as some kind of expert, like the pawn shop owner or the antique dealer. But like the mentioned case, it even holds true if you are a snot nosed little kid with a subscription to Beckett.

Taking advantage of the elderly does apply especially if they are swindled out of their item. But other than that, if a seller is willing to sell an item at a posted price, then there is nothing they can do later if they find out the purchaser got too good of a deal.

A person that works at one of my stops was swindled out of 35K--her life savings. She's not a very attractive woman who was desperate for male companionship. When her friend found out, she marched her right to the police station. The police said the guy broke no law. He asked her for money, and she willingly gave it to him.

Maybe a law wasn't broken. I wouldn't take the word of a cop. Most certainly, if a product or a service were involved, a visit to a lawyer might be rewarding, provided you can locate the deadbeat for service. Besides, a law doesn't have to be broken for their to have been damages that can be litigated.

Well good luck with that. What court in this country would rule that a seller of a product has to be compensated because they sold their item for less than it was worth?

i cant wait to see the robots working the drive thru

More than likely you will pull up to a kiosk and punch in your order, drive up to a vending like machine where you can put in your cash or card to pay for it, then proceed to the pickup window where you will be handed your food.

Fast food make profit on being fast and selling in volume. Self-ordering will hurt both.

Obviously you've never been to my McDonald's.
How long have you owned it?

The most often cited case involved a kid purchasing a Nolan Ryan rookie card from an unknowledgable clerk for twelve dollars instead of twelve hundred. Despite the fantasies, you can't purchase a cherry 1960's corvette out of barn from a naive widow for a few hundred dollars. For a transaction to be legit both parties have to operating from a somewhat equal position. That includes knowledge as to the value of the product involved. That especially holds true if the buyer holds themselves out as some kind of expert, like the pawn shop owner or the antique dealer. But like the mentioned case, it even holds true if you are a snot nosed little kid with a subscription to Beckett.

Taking advantage of the elderly does apply especially if they are swindled out of their item. But other than that, if a seller is willing to sell an item at a posted price, then there is nothing they can do later if they find out the purchaser got too good of a deal.

A person that works at one of my stops was swindled out of 35K--her life savings. She's not a very attractive woman who was desperate for male companionship. When her friend found out, she marched her right to the police station. The police said the guy broke no law. He asked her for money, and she willingly gave it to him.

Maybe a law wasn't broken. I wouldn't take the word of a cop. Most certainly, if a product or a service were involved, a visit to a lawyer might be rewarding, provided you can locate the deadbeat for service. Besides, a law doesn't have to be broken for their to have been damages that can be litigated.

Well good luck with that. What court in this country would rule that a seller of a product has to be compensated because they sold their item for less than it was worth?

The Nolan Ryan incident happened outside Chicago, look it up. Better yet, look up Michael Dell. He took the company private too cheaply, courts ruled he had to pay almost four dollars per share more AFTER the sale.

We need to charge an automation tax. The more automated you are the more tax you are charged. Give that money to me.

If I ever have to go to the Walmart i use the self checkouts...

No automated kiosk will ever be ale to make a better burger than me.
Especially on a wood fired grill, screw the gas...
I prefer to use charcoal. But wood works good too. I can make a great burger with gas tor electric if need be. I've been cooking burgers since I was a little kid.

It's an art form.
I have 43 acres of woodland, so I tend to use the free stuff...
Free and renewable is good.

I have woodland too but it is a long ways away and environmental advocates are requesting that we adhere to a voluntary moratorium on transporting firewood because of an invasive insect in the region. (Emerald Ash Borer).

No automated kiosk will ever be ale to make a better burger than me.
Especially on a wood fired grill, screw the gas...
I prefer to use charcoal. But wood works good too. I can make a great burger with gas tor electric if need be. I've been cooking burgers since I was a little kid.

It's an art form.
I have 43 acres of woodland, so I tend to use the free stuff...
Free and renewable is good.

I have woodland too but it is a long ways away and environmental advocates are requesting that we adhere to a voluntary moratorium on transporting firewood because of an invasive insect in the region. (Emerald Ash Borer).
There was a bore beetle killing off oaks around here for a decade, but it has finally run it's course..But now there are more Mulberry trees...They taste better than acorns..

Forum List

Back