McDonalds Introduces Self Serving Kiosks in Response to Min Wage Increase

I'm calling bullshit.

They would have done the kiosk thing anyway.

How long does it take to design and develop the kiosks and computer programs? How long to install them nationwide?

This has been in the works longer than the call for wage increases.

I'm calling bullshit.

How long does it take to design and develop the kiosks and computer programs? How long to install them nationwide?

How do you know? A kid making $8.00 an hour might be cheaper than the infrastructure costs needed to keep kiosks running. What we do know is that companies always look ahead for things (at least the successful ones do) and their concern might be that $15 an hour STILL won't placate the union idiots, and then they want $20 an hour.

I'm calling bullshit.

2 years to develop. Same time KKKalif passed the min wage increase.
Have a nice day!

I'm calling bullshit.

How do you know? A kid making $8.00 an hour might be cheaper than the infrastructure costs needed to keep kiosks running. What we do know is that companies always look ahead for things (at least the successful ones do) and their concern might be that $15 an hour STILL won't placate the union idiots, and then they want $20 an hour.

no one is claiming automation is not an improvement to our standard of living.

I'm calling bullshit.

2 years to develop. Same time KKKalif passed the min wage increase.
Have a nice day!
California is also trying to "pioneer" unemployment compensation on an at-will basis in our at-will employment State. Solutions not problems, like right wing.

I'm calling bullshit.

no one is claiming automation is not an improvement to our standard of living.

Well it's not an improvement to the Standard of living to the person it replaces.

I'm calling bullshit.

Horse pucky

I'm calling bullshit.

Technology didn't start yesterday. They could have made these things over ten years ago. When the cost of labor exceeds the cost of technology, technology wins. Plus I don't know if McDonald's fell under the Obamacare rule and had to provide insurance for their employees, but if so, that would be a huge contributor.

Haha it wont last....I have seen many self checkouts come and go at our local stores.

Really? Because over here, the self checkout lines are growing if anything. Our store started with one about five or six years ago. Today they have four of them.

No burgers in the world are worth flipping for $15 an hour… Only a blithering idiot would think such a thing as feasible.
Yeah, ever since graduating from high school in 1976 I've been holding out for a management position.
Yeah, I've always inspired to be a career burger flipper…

Haha it wont last....I have seen many self checkouts come and go at our local stores.

Really? Because over here, the self checkout lines are growing if anything. Our store started with one about five or six years ago. Today they have four of them.

I talked to one store manager and the cost to repair and maintain the machines was too expensive. People would jam stuff in the money collection slots that would require repair. Tabs off soda cans would be jammed in the change slots.

I do feel for the companies having to pay $15.00 an hour....that's almost impossible

So what; robots don't complain about taxes for social services.

Why not unemployment compensation, simply for being unemployed on an at-will basis in our at-will employment State; for the equivalent to fourteen dollars an hour.

:blahblah:

no valid argument as a work ethic? what a slacker.

Forum List

Back