McDonalds Introduces Self Serving Kiosks in Response to Min Wage Increase

To be serious those have been around in fast food for over 10 years, I highly doubt they will become the norm.

Most people like me don't like them or use them, even in the supermarket self check out.

Let's look at history and human nature this has been around for a 100 years I think and didn't take over

automat-restaurant_5.jpg

If vendors start offering a small discount to use machines, that will be the end of human labor. It's just like what happened years ago when we converted from full service gasoline islands to self-serve. They offered a discount to those that pumped their own gas. As time went on, more and more people crowded the self-service island. After a while, they got rid of full service because nobody used them any longer.

Or they can be New Jersey (and one other state forgot which one) and just outlaw them...

I still can't believe in the year 2017 the good folks in NJ can't even pump their own gas

Hmmm. I never heard of that. Of course I've never been to Jersey. I just assumed full service islands were a thing of the past all over the country. Well.........if they ever get any good legislatures in that state, and allow people the choice of cheaper gas to pump their own, they too will experience the elimination of full service.

Last edited:
Would be no loss if all McDonalds stores shut down.

Don't have to worry about that. McDonald's will be here long after you and I are both gone. I see where your mindset is at thinking that the closing of huge companies that provide hundreds of thousands of jobs is a good thing.

I wouldn't ever let my kids come in contact with that food. I would not have permitted them to work at mcpukes.

I stopped eating at McDonald's anyway, if people are smart, they would too, the food is killing you. Instead support your local restaurant or man-on-the-street selling comparable goods.

We're heading in a more healthier direction. This is a good thing.

Thanks Democrats!

i cant wait to see the robots working the drive thru

More than likely you will pull up to a kiosk and punch in your order, drive up to a vending like machine where you can put in your cash or card to pay for it, then proceed to the pickup window where you will be handed your food.

Since the 15 min wage isn't going to be nationwide any time soon, you and your link are fucking stupid.

Nothing stupid about it since Democrat cities and states either adopted that minimum wage or are trying to.

You're stupid. MacDonald's would replace a 1 dollar per hour worker with a 99 cents per hour machine if they could.

I stopped eating at McDonald's anyway, if people are smart, they would too, the food is killing you. Instead support your local restaurant or man-on-the-street selling comparable goods.

We're heading in a more healthier direction. This is a good thing.

Thanks Democrats!

Sure we are. You just keep believing that. :badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:

The most often cited case involved a kid purchasing a Nolan Ryan rookie card from an unknowledgable clerk for twelve dollars instead of twelve hundred. Despite the fantasies, you can't purchase a cherry 1960's corvette out of barn from a naive widow for a few hundred dollars. For a transaction to be legit both parties have to operating from a somewhat equal position. That includes knowledge as to the value of the product involved. That especially holds true if the buyer holds themselves out as some kind of expert, like the pawn shop owner or the antique dealer. But like the mentioned case, it even holds true if you are a snot nosed little kid with a subscription to Beckett.

Since the 15 min wage isn't going to be nationwide any time soon, you and your link are fucking stupid.

Nothing stupid about it since Democrat cities and states either adopted that minimum wage or are trying to.

You're stupid. MacDonald's would replace a 1 dollar per hour worker with a 99 cents per hour machine if they could.

Correct, they would if they could. But automation is a huge investment, and the only way it pays off is if it saves money compared to human labor.

i cant wait to see the robots working the drive thru

More than likely you will pull up to a kiosk and punch in your order, drive up to a vending like machine where you can put in your cash or card to pay for it, then proceed to the pickup window where you will be handed your food.
im gonna miss the good old days when we had the girls in string bikinis working the drive thru's

Forum List

Back