McCain/Palin - do we want liars in the white house?

I owe you an apology... you're not a rabid rightie in swingvoter clothing...

an actual centrist... yay!

:clap2:

So all this time I've supported Clinton(s) and berated Bush(es) was...what? Oh, right, I CAN'T support Hillary because I don't support killing babies. :eusa_hand:

Add inflation in and we all took a step back under Bush. Add the money we lost in our homes and we all took a step back under Bush. Add what we now owe for the Iraq war and we all lost under Bush.

He didn't lie. You just don't get it.

Actually what you're disputing is coming straight and unedited from your factcheck.org source.

You're impugning the exact same source you used against McCain.

So which is it, Sparky: is Obama a liar too or is your source not dependable?

Or maybe you're a creature of political convenience who isn't as principled as you pretend.

Thanks. I try. :beer:

Morgan Stanley, Lehman Brothers. and other Wall Street giants helped foreign investors dodge billions of dollars in U.S. taxes on stock dividends while the IRS looked the other way, a Senate investigation found.

The firms worked with shell hedge funds that had little more than offshore mailing addresses in the Cayman Islands and elsewhere. The funds arranged complex equity swaps and stock loans aimed at circumventing U.S. tax laws, a staff report by the Senate Permanent Subcommittee on Investigations said.

For 10 years, the IRS has neither enforced existing rules prohibiting the transactions nor tried to draft new standards, the 77-page report said.

“These are gimmicks peddled by American financial institutions to deny Uncle Sam taxes owed under our law,” Senator Carl Levin, who heads the panel, told reporters. “The IRS has pussyfooted on this.”

Morgan Stanley enabled foreign clients to avoid payment of more than $300 million in U.S. dividend taxes from 2000 to 2007, the report said. Lehman estimated its customers eluded payment of as much $115 million in 2004. UBS helped clients escape payment of $62 million from 2004 to 2007.

http://www.financialweek.com/apps/pb...809119995/1036

So all this time I've supported Clinton(s) and berated Bush(es) was...what? Oh, right, I CAN'T support Hillary because I don't support killing babies. :eusa_hand:

I never said you couldn't be anti-choice and support Hillary. I said that the disgusting and venal manner in which you spoke to the women who are pro-choice wasn't anything that would have been said by a Hillary supporter.

Morgan Stanley, Lehman Brothers. and other Wall Street giants helped foreign investors dodge billions of dollars in U.S. taxes on stock dividends while the IRS looked the other way, a Senate investigation found.

The firms worked with shell hedge funds that had little more than offshore mailing addresses in the Cayman Islands and elsewhere. The funds arranged complex equity swaps and stock loans aimed at circumventing U.S. tax laws, a staff report by the Senate Permanent Subcommittee on Investigations said.

For 10 years, the IRS has neither enforced existing rules prohibiting the transactions nor tried to draft new standards, the 77-page report said.

“These are gimmicks peddled by American financial institutions to deny Uncle Sam taxes owed under our law,” Senator Carl Levin, who heads the panel, told reporters. “The IRS has pussyfooted on this.”

Morgan Stanley enabled foreign clients to avoid payment of more than $300 million in U.S. dividend taxes from 2000 to 2007, the report said. Lehman estimated its customers eluded payment of as much $115 million in 2004. UBS helped clients escape payment of $62 million from 2004 to 2007.

http://www.financialweek.com/apps/pb...809119995/1036

I saw it. We all know what deregulation has done. I can't imagine that this surprises you. But its totally in keeping with the philosophy that somehow if you leave business alone the world will be a better place. :doubt:

Forum List

Back