McCain/Palin - do we want liars in the white house?

We had a liar in the white house from 1993 to 2001, and we also had a cash surplus in the federal budget, 3.9% unemployment, and peaceful conditions in many parts of the world.

Lying about a blowjob is not the same thing as lying us into a war.

McCain is lying about Georgia/Russia. Do you want the next president to lie us into another war? Remember McCain has a Georgia Lobbyist on his team and all of the sudden we're about to go to war with Russia over Georgia?

Remember McCain's speech? Today we are all Georgian? Fuck Georgia and fuck John McCain.

People even considering voting for McCain are either insane or hate America. Or rich and really really greedy. Are you rich? Then why do you hate America? If you don't, then seek help because you are insane!!!:cuckoo:

Obama voted for partial birth abortion. You can't really argue with that. It is infantacide. Pretty much everyone agrees except for a few loons.
And me.

It's only ever done when the fetus isn't viable.

But don't let that stop you from pretending otherwise. I think now, the doctors inject some chemical poison into the fetus and let it expire in the womb.

What a joke you people are.

Lying about a blowjob is not the same thing as lying us into a war.

Yeah, so Clinton was a liar, but a good president. Thread was not what did he lie about, but whether we want another liar.

And good for you for translating W's stutters and stumbles into some form of coherent thought. I haven't understood a word he's said since he came to office, and considering the 37 different justifications the GOP has given for the Iraq war, I don't think he remembers himself.

Yeah, so Clinton was a liar, but a good president. Thread was not what did he lie about, but whether we want another liar.

And good for you for translating W's stutters and stumbles into some form of coherent thought. I haven't understood a word he's said since he came to office, and considering the 37 different justifications the GOP has given for the Iraq war, I don't think he remembers himself.

I owe you an apology... you're not a rabid rightie in swingvoter clothing...

an actual centrist... yay!

:clap2:

Obama said he could “pay for every dime” of his spending and tax cut proposals “by closing corporate loopholes and tax havens.” That’s wrong – his proposed tax increases on upper-income individuals are key components of paying for his program, as well. And his plan, like McCain’s, would leave the U.S. facing big budget deficits, according to independent experts.
He twisted McCain’s words about Afghanistan, saying, “When John McCain said we could just 'muddle through' in Afghanistan, I argued for more resources.” Actually, McCain said in 2003 we “may” muddle through, and he recently also called for more troops there.

He said McCain would fail to lower taxes for 100 million Americans while his own plan would cut taxes for 95 percent of “working” families. But an independent analysis puts the number who would see no benefit from McCain’s plan at 66 million and finds that Obama’s plan would benefit 81 percent of all households when retirees and those without children are figured in.
Obama asked why McCain would "define middle-class as someone making under five million dollars a year"? Actually, McCain meant that comment as a joke, getting a laugh and following up by saying, "But seriously ..."
Obama noted that McCain’s health care plan would "tax people’s benefits" but didn’t say that it also would provide up to a $5,000 tax credit for families.

He said McCain, far from being a maverick who’s "broken with his party," has voted to support Bush policies 90 percent of the time. True enough, but by the same measure Obama has voted with fellow Democrats in the Senate 97 percent of the time.

Obama said "average family income" went down $2,000 under Bush, which isn't correct. An aide said he was really talking only about "working" families and not retired couples. And – math teachers, please note – he meant median (or midpoint) and not really the mean or average. Median family income actually has inched up slightly under Bush.

FactCheck.org: FactChecking Obama

When it comes down to it, "progressives" don't so much object to lying, they just accept lies designed to mask invasive, bigotted government.

Obama said he could “pay for every dime” of his spending and tax cut proposals “by closing corporate loopholes and tax havens.” That’s wrong – his proposed tax increases on upper-income individuals are key components of paying for his program, as well. And his plan, like McCain’s, would leave the U.S. facing big budget deficits, according to independent experts.
He twisted McCain’s words about Afghanistan, saying, “When John McCain said we could just 'muddle through' in Afghanistan, I argued for more resources.” Actually, McCain said in 2003 we “may” muddle through, and he recently also called for more troops there.

He said McCain would fail to lower taxes for 100 million Americans while his own plan would cut taxes for 95 percent of “working” families. But an independent analysis puts the number who would see no benefit from McCain’s plan at 66 million and finds that Obama’s plan would benefit 81 percent of all households when retirees and those without children are figured in.
Obama asked why McCain would "define middle-class as someone making under five million dollars a year"? Actually, McCain meant that comment as a joke, getting a laugh and following up by saying, "But seriously ..."
Obama noted that McCain’s health care plan would "tax people’s benefits" but didn’t say that it also would provide up to a $5,000 tax credit for families.

He said McCain, far from being a maverick who’s "broken with his party," has voted to support Bush policies 90 percent of the time. True enough, but by the same measure Obama has voted with fellow Democrats in the Senate 97 percent of the time.

Obama said "average family income" went down $2,000 under Bush, which isn't correct. An aide said he was really talking only about "working" families and not retired couples. And – math teachers, please note – he meant median (or midpoint) and not really the mean or average. Median family income actually has inched up slightly under Bush.

FactCheck.org: FactChecking Obama

When it comes down to it, "progressives" don't so much object to lying, they just accept lies designed to mask invasive, bigotted government.

Add inflation in and we all took a step back under Bush. Add the money we lost in our homes and we all took a step back under Bush. Add what we now owe for the Iraq war and we all lost under Bush.

He didn't lie. You just don't get it.

Both parties have corruption. There isn't any change that the Democrats or Republicans are going to do. We live in a system of checks and balance. Since 2006, what has the Democrats in Congress done to move this country ahead? Social security hasn't been solved yet we are talking about creating health care. Ever heard of medicare fraud that is occurring and we want government to implement health care. And instead of taxing a certain group of Americans, maybe we should may the tax system fair and have everyone pay the same damn rate. Basically the people in Washington (both sides) worth for the same damn people.

you're right Clinton was a liar but a good president.

Perhaps for me it IS what the lie is about and not just that they lie.

Perhaps my initial post was a bit short sighted... and even hypocritical because I've excused Clinton's lie but can't excuse Bush's.

Clinton's lie didn't cost anyone their life...unless of course you count the wasted sperms that could've resulted in a lil Clinton... :cool:

McCain lies to distract from the issues.

Both parties have corruption. There isn't any change that the Democrats or Republicans are going to do. We live in a system of checks and balance. Since 2006, what has the Democrats in Congress done to move this country ahead? Social security hasn't been solved yet we are talking about creating health care. Ever heard of medicare fraud that is occurring and we want government to implement health care. And instead of taxing a certain group of Americans, maybe we should may the tax system fair and have everyone pay the same damn rate. Basically the people in Washington (both sides) worth for the same damn people.

it's hard to get anything done when the Republicans in Congress filibuster every initiative brought before them. the Dems in Congress need 60 seats to prevent this...perhaps in November that will happen..

Last edited:

Maybe a flat tax really isn't fair or doesn't work?

You don't know what you are talking about if you say both parties have corruption. Not after the last 8 years. What corruption have the democrats as a party had? Maybe you have that one guy with $100K in his freezor or a gay governor of ny, but not a party corrupt from the top down.

Do you know all the horrible things Delay did during his time in power? No you do not. If you did, you wouldn't say "both sides do it", because what the gop did from 2000 to 2006 is unprecidented.

The politicizied every aspect of government. Instead of the Justice Department being about justice, it is about partisan politics. They literally threw an Alabama governor in prison before the last election just to win his seat.

They let the energy companies write our energy policies.

They won't enforce laws that have already been passed to stop oil companies from gouging us through speculation.

The deleted white house emails, lied us into Iraq, leaked a cia agents name, bankrupted the treasury like no other party in American history,

I have forgotten half of the shit they pulled.

Many of the things the GOP did can't be proven now because Robert Gates, just like Alberto Gonzales, are loyal Republicans. They won't inforce the laws. That's why we need the GOP out so we can figure out exactly what they did.

Well to quote that very famous democrat Bill Clinton, "It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is, To you a lie is when someone does something You as a democrat don't approve of. To me a Republican, if she had said, "I've Never supported that Bridge to NoWhere, and told congress no thanks" thats a lie. However, because she said "Thanks but no Thanks" which in fact she did several times in Sept. 2007, you as a democrat want to see that as a lie. It would be like me saying, Joe Biden is a liar because didn't think Obama was qualified to be president now he does. I'm sure you don't think Joe is a liar do you?

Joe said that because he is coming from a position of being more qualified.

If I want to bang your wife, I tell her I am a more experienced/better lover than you.

Just because I've banged more chicks than you, doesn't mean I did it right or that I will be better than you. Right?

No, a lie is a lie. But I don't approve of you asking Bill if he had sex with that intern. I more object to your question than him lying about it. Has nothing to do with government.

Now, "did you lie us into iraq"? Yes, I guess the question at hand does matter.

And Palin didn't say no thanks to Washington for the money. She kept the money. She used it for other projects. So spin it all you want, she's lying to the American people and people don't like to be lied to.

Swiftboaters were liars too.

you're right Clinton was a liar but a good president.

Perhaps for me it IS what the lie is about and not just that they lie.

Perhaps my initial post was a bit short sighted... and even hypocritical because I've excused Clinton's lie but can't excuse Bush's.

Clinton's lie didn't cost anyone their life...unless of course you count the wasted sperms that could've resulted in a lil Clinton... :cool:

McCain lies to distract from the issues.

it's hard to get anything done when the Republicans in Congress filibuster every initiative brought before them. the Dems in Congress need 60 seats to prevent this...perhaps in November that will happen..

I said the same thing. What is the issue? That matters. Did you cheat on your wife is different than did you lie us into a war.

And McCain is lying about being a maverick, and that's his right. He can lie all he wants. It's my and the media's responsibility to call him on it. Don't call us liberal because we call him on his lies.

not to mention the fact that Bush vetoed (or threatened to veto) anything the dems did that DID get past congress.

not to mention the fact that Bush vetoed (or threatened to veto) anything the dems did that DID get past congress.

Of course, certain Republicans rather ignore "small facts" like that and just focus on everything being the Democrats fault. :eusa_whistle:

No matter whom I vote for, I'm putting a liar in the White House.

Since when did people give ANY politicians credit for being truthful?

Forum List

Back