McCain/Palin - do we want liars in the white house?

Silence

wanna lick?
Aug 26, 2008
FL
According to FactCheck.org...one of the most reliable organizations around in keeping the candidates honest and their site shows that McCain/Palin have repeatedly lied or distorted the facts to fit their agenda:

McCain-Palin Distorts Our Finding
September 10, 2008

FactCheck.org: McCain-Palin Distorts Our Finding

Off Base on Sex Ed
September 10, 2008
A McCain campaign ad claims Obama's "one accomplishment" was a bill to teach sex ed to kindergarten kids. Don't believe it.

FactCheck.org: Off Base on Sex Ed

FactChecking McCain
September 5, 2008
He made some flubs in accepting the nomination.

FactCheck.org: FactChecking McCain

Sen. John McCain's acceptance speech to the Republican National Convention in Minneapolis-St. Paul on Sept. 4 was couched more in generalities than in specifics, offering fewer factual claims to check than we found in other speeches to the gathering. But we found some instances where the nominee strained the truth.

Maverick Misleads
September 4, 2008
A McCain ad comparing Palin to Obama isn't all above board.

FactCheck.org: Maverick Misleads

and perhaps one of the most disgusting ones

Obama and 'Infanticide'
August 25, 2008
The facts about Obama's votes against 'Born Alive' bills in Illinois.

there are a whole host of instances where McCain distorts the facts. Do we want a liar in the white house, AGAIN?

Obama voted for partial birth abortion. You can't really argue with that. It is infantacide. Pretty much everyone agrees except for a few loons.

Maybe we can overcome the bias Corporate/Mainstream/Driveby media that is allowing McCain/Palin to lie without calling them on it.

I think everyone now knows that Palin has lied repeatedly about saying Thanks, but no thanks.......

Yet she continues to do it and continues to get loud cheers in her Republican pep rallies.

Republicans are such sheep.

Us democrats didn't elect Dean just because of one crazy scream.

And Edwards is done nationally for cheating on his wife.

The Republicans can look you right in the eye and lie, and you still vote for them.

Don't say Clinton looked us in the eye and lied, because any of us would do the same thing. It was none of our business that he was boinking monica.

Karl Rove won't even go testify, let alone lie under oath. LOL.

Obama voted for partial birth abortion. You can't really argue with that. It is infantacide. Pretty much everyone agrees except for a few loons.

No, people do not agree. People are under informed. If I have a severly retarded/mongoloid baby coming out, I want to have a late term abortion.

Or, even if I would keep the baby, which I would, I don't want to force others.

And Palin wants to FORCE you to keep the baby even if you were raped. And that everyone disagrees with. Bitch!!!:clap2::badgrin:

deflection and a wedge issue. why cant people focus on relevant subjects, like the economy. instead we keep hearing about these issues which are nothing more than scare tactics

Are you suggesting that such a thing is avoidable?

Obama has been pretty straight forward. If you were honest yourself, you would know the difference.

Just because the GOP admit that they are dishonest crooks, doesn't mean Democrats are.

Are some democrats? Sure. But almost every GOP is wrong/bad for America.

Here is one honest one.

Sen. Chuck Hagel (R-NE) 1/11/07 "the most dangerous foreign policy blunder in this country since Vietnam" “dangerously wrongheaded strategy that will drive America deeper into an unwinnable swamp at a great cost.” "To ask our young men and women to sacrifice their lives to be put in the middle of a civil war is wrong. It's, first of all, in my opinion, morally wrong. It's tactically, strategically, militarily wrong."

You may say the surge worked, but that's only because you don't know what's going on in the middle east. What did the surge accomplish? When are we leaving? When do we stop spending $20K a month in Iraq? HOw are the Sunni's going to do in Iraq? What about political reconciliation? Are we going to have future problems in Iraq? Is Mook Tada El Sadr going to be the future leader of IRaq? Is it good that we made Iraq shiite when Iran is shiite?

You guys haven't a clue.

Maybe we can overcome the bias Corporate/Mainstream/Driveby media that is allowing McCain/Palin to lie without calling them on it.

I think everyone now knows that Palin has lied repeatedly about saying Thanks, but no thanks.......

Yet she continues to do it and continues to get loud cheers in her Republican pep rallies.

Republicans are such sheep.

Us democrats didn't elect Dean just because of one crazy scream.

And Edwards is done nationally for cheating on his wife.

The Republicans can look you right in the eye and lie, and you still vote for them.

Don't say Clinton looked us in the eye and lied, because any of us would do the same thing. It was none of our business that he was boinking monica.

Karl Rove won't even go testify, let alone lie under oath. LOL.

Well to quote that very famous democrat Bill Clinton, "It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is, To you a lie is when someone does something You as a democrat don't approve of. To me a Republican, if she had said, "I've Never supported that Bridge to NoWhere, and told congress no thanks" thats a lie. However, because she said "Thanks but no Thanks" which in fact she did several times in Sept. 2007, you as a democrat want to see that as a lie. It would be like me saying, Joe Biden is a liar because didn't think Obama was qualified to be president now he does. I'm sure you don't think Joe is a liar do you?

So what you're saying is: if factcheck.org finds a candidate has lied/misstated/misrepresented facts YOU PERSONALLY would NEVER vote for that candidate.

Is this what you're saying?

Obama has been pretty straight forward. If you were honest yourself, you would know the difference.

Just because the GOP admit that they are dishonest crooks, doesn't mean Democrats are.

Are some democrats? Sure. But almost every GOP is wrong/bad for America.

Here is one honest one.

Sen. Chuck Hagel (R-NE) 1/11/07 "the most dangerous foreign policy blunder in this country since Vietnam" “dangerously wrongheaded strategy that will drive America deeper into an unwinnable swamp at a great cost.” "To ask our young men and women to sacrifice their lives to be put in the middle of a civil war is wrong. It's, first of all, in my opinion, morally wrong. It's tactically, strategically, militarily wrong."

You may say the surge worked, but that's only because you don't know what's going on in the middle east. What did the surge accomplish? When are we leaving? When do we stop spending $20K a month in Iraq? HOw are the Sunni's going to do in Iraq? What about political reconciliation? Are we going to have future problems in Iraq? Is Mook Tada El Sadr going to be the future leader of IRaq? Is it good that we made Iraq shiite when Iran is shiite?

You guys haven't a clue.

What a hack, bobo. You've lost all perception to hyper-partisanship.

he voted against banning it Allie.. he also said states should have the right to restrict such procedures....

Barack Obama on Abortion

On an issue like partial birth abortion, I strongly believe that the state can properly restrict late-term abortions. I have said so repeatedly. All I've said is we should have a provision to protect the health of the mother, and many of the bills that came before me didn't have that.Part of the reason they didn't have it was purposeful, because those who are opposed to abortion have a moral calling to try to oppose what they think is immoral. Oftentimes what they were trying to do was to polarize the debate and make it more difficult for people, so that they could try to bring an end to abortions overall.
As president, my goal is to bring people together, to listen to them, and I don't think that's any Republican out there who I've worked with who would say that I don't listen to them, I don't respect their ideas, I don't understand their perspective. And my goal is to get us out of this polarizing debate where we're always trying to score cheap political points and actually get things done.

and here is where he shows why he's right on this issue

Q: The terms pro-choice and pro-life, do they encapsulate that reality in our 21st Century setting and can we find common ground?
A: I absolutely think we can find common ground. And it requires a couple of things. It requires us to acknowledge that..

1. There is a moral dimension to abortion, which I think that all too often those of us who are pro-choice have not talked about or tried to tamp down. I think that's a mistake because I think all of us understand that it is a wrenching choice for anybody to think about.
2. People of good will can exist on both sides. That nobody wishes to be placed in a circumstance where they are even confronted with the choice of abortion. How we determine what's right at that moment, I think, people of good will can differ.

And if we can acknowledge that much, then we can certainly agree on the fact that [COLOR="red]we should be doing everything we can to avoid unwanted pregnancies [/COLOR]that might even lead somebody to consider having an abortion.

That is the fundamental difference I see between Obama on this issue and McCain. Obama accepts that the states have a right to restrict partial birth abortion...allowing it in the case of the mother's health... but he won't ban them altogether unless that provision is included....

ignoring that small detail makes your argument irrelevant Allie.

Also Obama is for PREVENTING PREGNANCY TO BEGIN WITH! thereby reducing the need for abortion... how is that wrong?

he voted against banning it Allie.. he also said states should have the right to restrict such procedures....

Barack Obama on Abortion

and here is where he shows why he's right on this issue

That is the fundamental difference I see between Obama on this issue and McCain. Obama accepts that the states have a right to restrict partial birth abortion...allowing it in the case of the mother's health... but he won't ban them altogether unless that provision is included....

ignoring that small detail makes your argument irrelevant Allie.

Also Obama is for PREVENTING PREGNANCY TO BEGIN WITH! thereby reducing the need for abortion... how is that wrong?

IS there anyone FOR an unwanted pregnancy ??

So what you're saying is: if factcheck.org finds a candidate has lied/misstated/misrepresented facts YOU PERSONALLY would NEVER vote for that candidate.

Is this what you're saying?

If Obama did what McCain does I'd have a difficult time voting for him. If the roles were reversed and it were Obama lying and distorting facts I'd vote for McCain before I'd vote for Obama.... or I wouldn't vote at all....

IS there anyone FOR an unwanted pregnancy ??

well I'm not sure dillo... it seems that those who oppose abortion also oppose sex education and contraceptives being provided to low income people which would greatly reduce the number of those unwanted pregnancies wouldn't you say?

It seems to me it's a way of forcing morality on people... ban abortion so they can't terminate the pregnancy but also make birth control next to impossible to get so they can't really avoid getting pregnant unless they stop having sex...

Last edited:
If Obama did what McCain does I'd have a difficult time voting for him. If the roles were reversed and it were Obama lying and distorting facts I'd vote for McCain before I'd vote for Obama.... or I wouldn't vote at all....

They ALL have been caught in outright lies--you may as well burn your voter registration card.

According to FactCheck.org...one of the most reliable organizations around in keeping the candidates honest and their site shows that McCain/Palin have repeatedly lied or distorted the facts to fit their agenda:

McCain-Palin Distorts Our Finding
September 10, 2008

FactCheck.org: McCain-Palin Distorts Our Finding
So? They said it, he used it. They should been more clear on content.
Off Base on Sex Ed
September 10, 2008
A McCain campaign ad claims Obama's "one accomplishment" was a bill to teach sex ed to kindergarten kids. Don't believe it.

FactCheck.org: Off Base on Sex Ed
from his own mouth:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJ6vZRy62KY&feature=related]YouTube - Obama favors sex ed for kindergarteners[/ame]

FactChecking McCain
September 5, 2008
He made some flubs in accepting the nomination.

FactCheck.org: FactChecking McCain

Obama never Strains the truth? Agian his own words:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ap2Cg_FDRy4&feature=related]YouTube - Barack Obama - Gaffe Mania I - Dumber than Dumb[/ame]

Maverick Misleads
September 4, 2008
A McCain ad comparing Palin to Obama isn't all above board.

FactCheck.org: Maverick Misleads
Poltical ads that are slightly skewed? How evil.

and perhaps one of the most disgusting ones

Obama and 'Infanticide'
August 25, 2008
The facts about Obama's votes against 'Born Alive' bills in Illinois.

again, his own words:
YouTube - Barack Obama - Infanticide or Partial Birth Abortion

there are a whole host of instances where McCain distorts the facts. Do we want a liar in the white house, AGAIN?

There has always been a liar in the White House. I'll take McCain

They ALL have been caught in outright lies--you may as well burn your voter registration card.

please provide me with an outright lie by Obama...

and ONE isn't a dozen or more...

It would cause me a moment of pause if Obama outright lied even once but it certainly wouldn't rise to the level of dishonesty being shown in camp McPain

I absolutely refuse to believe that ANY politician, INCLUDING Obama and McCain, is as pure as the driven snow.

IMO, the US citizenry is faced with voting for the least distasteful ( the lesser of two evils some would say) as opposed to selecting the cream of the crop. That, my friends, is what is so extremely frustrating to me about US politics.

only a liar can tell the american people what they want to hear....mission accomplished....

they all lie cause the american people could not handle the truth.

So? They said it, he used it. They should been more clear on content.

they were clear on their content...they never mentioned Obama...McCain is using mirror tricks to apply an untruth that was said about Palin to Obama and that's not right.

so you're saying that his stance on AGE APPROPRIATE education is wrong? do you realize that the bill he was referring to was regarding protecting young children against sexual predators? or does that not matter to you? talking about things like "good touch and bad touch"

Obama never Strains the truth? Agian his own words:
YouTube - Barack Obama - Gaffe Mania I - Dumber than Dumb

that video is a nice edit job.... someone should move to hollywood and get a good paying job

Poltical ads that are slightly skewed? How evil.

I understand they ALL skew the ads...that's not the point, but I think you know that.

When the overwhelming quantity of your ads are either entirely misleading to just plain false that's the problem.

There has always been a liar in the White House. I'll take McCain

good luck to you then. 4 more years like the last 8 years? no thanks.

Forum List

Back