McCain Camp Robocalling his own home state!

Oct 18, 2008
Bowling Green Ohio
McCain Now Running Robocalls Attacking Obama In Home State Of Arizona!
By Greg Sargent - October 29, 2008, 5:38PM

John McCain and the Republican National Committee are now running robocalls attacking Obama as weak on terrorism -- in McCain's home state of Arizona, according to multiple readers from the state.

The call signals genuine worry about McCain's home state at a time when several polls show the race to be much closer than expected there.

McCain's robocall, which was played to us over the phone by Mary Joe Bartel, a retiree who lives south of Tucson, attacks Obama as unprepared to defend the country from terrorism, singling out Joe Biden's recent remarks about the likelihood of Obama being tested by an international crisis early in his first term.

Here's the script:

I'm calling for John McCain and the RNC because Barack Obama is so dangerously inexperienced, his running mate Joe Biden just said, he invites a major international crisis that he will be unprepared to handle alone.

If Democrats win full control of government, they will want to give civil rights to terrorists and talk unconditionally to dictators and state sponsors of terror. Barack Obama and his Democratic allies lack the experience and judgment to lead America. This call was paid for by the Republican National Committee and authorized by McCain-Palin 2008.

Two other Arizona readers -- David Lorti, a Phoenix realtor, and Jerry Mooers, a retiree from Sun Lakes -- confirm to us that they received the same call today.

A poll last night found Obama within two points of the Arizona Senator. The call means Republicans are sinking resources into a state that obviously should have been a complete lock for McCain, with time fast running out.

Simply extraordinary. Audio when we get it.

TPM Election Central | Talking Points Memo | McCain Now Running Robocalls Attacking Obama In Home State Of Arizona!

I guess this is what McCain was talking about when he stated "my friends we got them right where we want them" lol.. this is turning into a joke.

I just got a live call from a volunteer in the Obama camp! They must be worried about Pennsylvania. (I live about 15 miles from Gettysburg) You know what was amazing about it? She didn't know Baracks position on middle class tax cuts had gone down to $200,000! And I refered her to a story about Bill Richardson today saying that the middle class tax cut floor is now $125,000!

She was very polite though, i'll give her that.

Last edited:
I just got a live call from a volunteer in the Obama camp! They must be worried about Pennsylvania. (I live about 15 miles from Gettysburg) You know what was amazing about it? She didn't know Baracks position on middle class tax cuts had gone down to $200,000! And I refered her to a story about Bill Richardson today saying that the middle class tax cut floor is now $125,000!

Did you tell her that Palin reads any and all magazines in the world? Or that the VP job is to be in charge of the senate and develop policy's.

We have a $500 BILLION DOLLAR DEFICIT.

We are going to have to raise someone's taxes!

We have a $500 BILLION DOLLAR DEFICIT.
We are going to have to raise someone's taxes!
So how come no one talks about spending cuts? If I have a "deficit" in my budget I can't go to my boss and say: "Hey! I have a budget deficit. You have to pay me more money!" He'd laugh and kick my ass out.

Forum List

Back