College Football Is Back

mudwhistle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2009
Headmaster's Office, Hogwarts
michigan-smu-1458.jpg

Outside of Christmas....this is my favorite time of the year.
College Football is back.

The season has started....and before you know it, it will be over.
Hurricanes are heading toward Florida, the kids are back in school, and pretty soon Fall will be in the air.

What has changed is just about every team in college football has the talent to be able to make it a game.
Even Alabama had a rough time against Duke....for 3 quarters.

Tennessee was pathetic losing to Georgia State. Probably the worst loss in TN history. It used to be that teams were better because of recruiting, but because of the rules, good players are going to schools that normally couldn't get them before. So games are going to be more competitive.

alabama-footba-ll-2019-crimson-tide-schedule-aug-31-hoover-61912963.png

I don't get college football. Why not just watch the pros? College is minor league stuff. GO COWBOYS!

I don't get college football. Why not just watch the pros? College is minor league stuff. GO COWBOYS!
College ball is better at times because of the excitement in the game.
Oregon vs Auburn was a great game that was decided with 2 seconds left. (Auburn won of course)

Oregon vs Auburn was a great game that was decided with 2 seconds left. (Auburn won of course)
To me the quality of the football played is low. Any college team would get crushed by an NFL team, probably even by the shittier NFL teams as well.

To me the quality of the football played is low. Any college team would get crushed by an NFL team, probably even by the shittier NFL teams as well.
I don't know......players in college tend to weigh more along the lines....in the pros...everyone has to be able to run.
In college not everyone can run.
I think Clemson could probably beat the NY Giants last year.

And this year OU is going to.............:( Never mind.

*kicks rocks*

Don't even like football anyways, so whatever.

michigan-smu-1458.jpg

Hurricanes are heading toward Florida, the kids are back in school, and pretty soon Fall will be in the air.

What has changed is just about every team in college football has the talent to be able to make it a game.

Tennessee was pathetic losing to Georgia State. Probably the worst loss in TN history. It used to be that teams were better because of recruiting, but because of the rules, good players are going to schools that normally couldn't get them before. So games are going to be more competitive.

The SEC had a rough time yesterday.

michigan-smu-1458.jpg

Alabama and Auburn won.

michigan-smu-1458.jpg

Alabama and Auburn won.
That can’t make up for the terrible loses and near loses to mediocre opponents.

michigan-smu-1458.jpg

SEC Missouri (lost also) closed the Wyoming lead to 37-31 in the final period on a 1-yard TD run by Tyler Badie and a 53-yard TD pass from Bryant to Nance. But Missouri turned the ball over on downs at the Wyoming 24-yard line with 29 seconds left on an incomplete pass from Bryant to Johnathon Johnson.

michigan-smu-1458.jpg

Alabama and Auburn won.
Apparently in the SEC it's a case of the HAVES and HAVE-NOTS.

michigan-smu-1458.jpg

SEC Missouri (lost also) closed the Wyoming lead to 37-31 in the final period on a 1-yard TD run by Tyler Badie and a 53-yard TD pass from Bryant to Nance. But Missouri turned the ball over on downs at the Wyoming 24-yard line with 29 seconds left on an incomplete pass from Bryant to Johnathon Johnson.
Missouri's QB got drafted in the first rd.....went to Denver.

I don't get college football. Why not just watch the pros?

Too much officiating, and 'way too many commercials.

The rules are different in the PRO. The clock runs leaving Very few plays available if you try to make a comeback. You have to throw throw throw to have any chance. Clock runs a lot with no action going on, players standing around for minutes. Slow to unpile. It comes down to a few Seconds, yet they waste many minutes throughout.

Phantom penalties. Suddenly it is Holding? but no different than previous play.

michigan-smu-1458.jpg

Alabama and Auburn won.

Alabama didn't nearly lose to Duke. The 1st quarter was tied at 0-0, but after that the Crimson Tide was winning by a good margin.

auburn played #11 Oregon, so I'm not sure about the mediocre opponents.

And Michigan had more difficulty with Middle Tennessee State than Bama did with Duke.

I don't get college football. Why not just watch the pros?

Too much officiating, and 'way too many commercials.

The rules are different in the PRO. The clock runs leaving Very few plays available if you try to make a comeback. You have to throw throw throw to have any chance. Clock runs a lot with no action going on, players standing around for minutes. Slow to unpile. It comes down to a few Seconds, yet they waste many minutes throughout.

Phantom penalties. Suddenly it is Holding? but no different than previous play.

I suspected that officials were trying to make calls to keep the point-spread close.
BTW......
Most college QBs have problems reading Defenses.....and they rarely figure out how to stop blitzes with audibles.

Although I do not understand how Bama can recruit the very best at every position, except kicker. Missed 2 field goals yesterday. Although the kickoffs were stellar! I don't recall any that were not out of the end zone. Nice to take away the opportunity for the other team to score running one back.

Forum List

Back