May 20, 2014: Primaries in SIX states

It does seem like the Establishment is taking its party back from the TEA Party, and the TEA Party is acquiescing because they think winning in November is more important than putting Teabaggers in office.

Or maybe they think having four or five teabagger senators is more important because they can bully the rest when the Senate majority is only one or two votes.

Possibly, but it do believe there is validity in the old adage that "all politics is local". Plus, it is generally hard to unseat an incument, no matter how unpopular he is. See: McConnell

Tea Party loses

The Tea Party is pretty much over for the 2014 midterm elections, with the limited-government movement losing four of yesterday’s most closely watched races in Republican primaries from Georgia to Idaho.

In its power struggle with the Republican Party’s business-oriented wing, the Tea Party has now captured just one U.S. Senate nomination this year, for an open seat in Nebraska, and has lost any momentum it may have had going into the final, high-profile primary, a Mississippi challenge to Senator Thad Cochran on June 3.

Tea ?Party? Over as Business Wins Republican Primaries - Bloomberg

Indeed. The GOP now has a chance of repeating the electoral history that we know so well since 1854, or the last 160 years.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/elect...pared-to-presidential-terms-1855-present.html

If electoral history is our guide, the GOP should retake the Senate, probably 52-48, with Angus King switching sides in order to keep his peachy committee assignments.

The GOP should net at least 6-12 seats in the HOR, which makes for a margin shift of between +12 and +24.

But that's only if the GOP doesn't fuck up.

And the DEMS have a very good shot at two GOP senate seats: KY and GA.

Notice when I wrote that OP on congressional mid-term data...

About 50,000 more Democrats voted in the primary for Kentucky senator then Republicans. Also Grimes got about 95,000 more votes then McConnell.

Why would Bill Clinton make a TV ad and two personal fund raising appearances for a candidate running in a democrat primary for Pa. state representative? Answer: the candidate is none other than his daughter's mother in law Marjorie Margolies. She lost big time 41 - 27. What does that say about the Clinton magic these days?

Why would Bill Clinton make a TV ad and two personal fund raising appearances for a candidate running in a democrat primary for Pa. state representative? Answer: the candidate is none other than his daughter's mother in law Marjorie Margolies. She lost big time 41 - 27. What does that say about the Clinton magic these days?

I tried my hardest to keep this thread from being a political hit against anyone, but figured that some crazy person would come by to do just that, nonetheless.

Yes, Margolies lost, she was not favored to win to begin with. It says nothing about the Clintons at all.

About 50,000 more Democrats voted in the primary for Kentucky senator then Republicans. Also Grimes got about 95,000 more votes then McConnell.

Common sense says that the Rs knew that McConnell would win, and turnout was low. In the general Election, the R turnout will be there, and the R will win. It may be close however.

I wouldn't say the TP is receding. Rather, establishment candidates, like McConnell, Kingston, Perdue, and others are adopting TP positions.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Forum List

Back