Matt Damon's Final Answer

So. You all think if you became famous (Matt's no Paris Hilton, by the way; he has a body of work that speaks to his talent) BUT: you believe if you became famous, you would not only lose your ability to think critically, but your right to free speech?

‪Matt Damon Rips Sarah Palin‬‏ - YouTube

I need to know if [Sarah Palin] really thinks dinosaurs were here 4,000 years ago. That's an important... I want to know that. I really do. Because she's going to have the nuclear codes, you know. I want to know if she really thinks dinosaurs were here 4,000 years ago or whether she banned books or try to ban books. I mean, we can't have that.

Nope...

But someone like Matt Damon has not proven to me to be worldly enough whereas I would put any credence in his opinions.

You see, many people beleive that if one is a superstar at what he or she does, that makes them worldly, knowledgable, and not biased in their opinion.

I dont judge people based on their notariety..

I judge them based on their expertise....and he is an actor....not an investigative reporter, a researcher, an educator, a psychoanalyst....he is an actor.

So since you're not a politician, you know nothing about politics. Well, thank you for setting the record straight on that point.

Or is that it. Is it that "left" is like "fat", which (no pun intended) outweighs every good and wonderful thing about a person. Because then I could speak better neocon, if I could comprehend that mindset.

you know what I notice about you and your posts?

Now....just to be clear...this is my opinion.....

You have absolutely no respect for the conservative way of thinking. You dont deem it necessary to debate the virtues of a progressive way of thinking and compare it to the virtues of a conservatives way of thinking..

You simply discard a conservative as selfish, foolish and likkely a racist.

Hey...if it works for you...go for it...

Me? I have lerned a lot from the progressives on this board...and there are many progressives that will attest to that.

Why? Because whereas I dont always agree with them, I respect their opinion and why they feel the way they do.

Ok...go back to knocking your adversaries.....carry on.....

So. You all think if you became famous (Matt's no Paris Hilton, by the way; he has a body of work that speaks to his talent) BUT: you believe if you became famous, you would not only lose your ability to think critically, but your right to free speech?

Nope...

But someone like Matt Damon has not proven to me to be worldly enough whereas I would put any credence in his opinions.

You see, many people beleive that if one is a superstar at what he or she does, that makes them worldly, knowledgable, and not biased in their opinion.

I judge them based on their expertise....and he is an actor....not an investigative reporter, a researcher, an educator, a psychoanalyst....he is an actor.

So since you're not a politician, you know nothing about politics. Well, thank you for setting the record straight on that point.

From the standpoint of this countries situation right now, I don't think that the policitians know much about politics either.

Nope...

lol...I did not say he knows nothing...

Why would you read it that way?

I said that just becuase he is a superstar at what he or she does, it does not make them worldly, knowledgable, and not biased in their opinion.

I am not a political commentator nor am I a politician...so I would not expect anyone to take my words as factual and not biased....

And if I were an actror? I still wouldnt.

I think yoiu need to open your mind a bit....you say very silly things when responding to peoples posts...or maybe it is a reading comprehension issue?

Or is that it. Is it that "left" is like "fat", which (no pun intended) outweighs every good and wonderful thing about a person. Because then I could speak better neocon, if I could comprehend that mindset.

An irrational person, a LOONY LEFTY, or a Matt Damon that makes a statement to the effect that lower taxes that OBVIOUSLY make businesses more profitable is "NOT common sense"......... is MORE than a "bad economist".....that person is a fucking idiot !!!

And, idiots that support Matt Damon's bizarre statement are idiots and/or Obamarrhoidal idiots as well.

This doesn't have anything to do "with liking the rich", "free speech", "the price of fried locusts in Bangladesh", etc......

This is merely a comment on REALITY.

Also just an actor:

Ronald Reagan.

Who became a politician, BD. He was an actor, president of the actors union, governor of Ca., and president of the United States....now what were you saying? I forgot

I'm saying Matt could very well be on a path. As ridiculous as many find it that I am quoting "just an actor" I'm saying the man is not operating in a vacuum. He's being discounted not only for being "just an actor" but for being a liberal one to boot. He is intelligent and insightful.

I think the people who plug their ears and yell "LALALALALALALALA!!!" the loudest should be checking themselves. As much grief as I take for pointing out what's wrong with Fox, you'd think they'd want to set a standard for "this is what 'fair-minded and balanced' actually looks like."

In other words, as I've said many, MANY times before; if you cannot see any Good or Right, or give any credit to the other side of the aisle (or the President), then call yourself a hack and have done with it.

Also just an actor:

Ronald Reagan.

Who became a politician, BD. He was an actor, president of the actors union, governor of Ca., and president of the United States....now what were you saying? I forgot

I'm saying Matt could very well be on a path. As ridiculous as many find it that I am quoting "just an actor" I'm saying the man is not operating in a vacuum. He's being discounted not only for being "just an actor" but for being a liberal one to boot. He is intelligent and insightful.

I think the people who plug their ears and yell "LALALALALALALALA!!!" the loudest should be checking themselves. As much grief as I take for pointing out what's wrong with Fox, you'd think they'd want to set a standard for "this is what 'fair-minded and balanced' actually looks like."

In other words, as I've said many, MANY times before; if you cannot see any Good or Right, or give any credit to the other side of the aisle (or the President), then call yourself a hack and have done with it.

I have many times on this board.....today, in the thread regarding tax credits for those that hire vets as an example.

Have you?

Also just an actor:

Ronald Reagan.

He could very well be on the path????? What has he done to show he could very well be on the path? Made a statement about taxes? Supports liberals as does 70% of the actors?

You made it loud and clear that your a partisan hack, BD, through your posts. I don't like the president because he hasn't helped America out of the mess we're in....in fact he may have hurt it through his policies. That is my opinion....by the way I vote for for both democrats and republicans....I lean right...I don't fall over like you do.

He could very well be on the path????? What has he done to show he could very well be on the path? Made a statement about taxes? Supports liberals as does 70% of the actors?

You made it loud and clear that your a partisan hack, BD, through your posts. I don't like the president because he hasn't helped America out of the mess we're in....in fact he may have hurt it through his policies. That is my opinion....by the way I vote for for both democrats and republicans....I lean right...I don't fall over like you do.

He said things she agrees with.

Nothing more.

omg, Damon is on a path or skipping down the yellow brick road?

You can bet he hires SOMEONE ELSE to take care of all his millions, and gets him the best way to AVOID paying taxes.:lol:

I always appreciate the personal attacks the mods mete out MUCH more than those from the ranks. Mucho gracias, amigo.

The only time I'm a mod is when I do mod functions or post in red, BD. The rest of the time I'm a poster just like you. Seems like your previous post to me you were firing personal attacks at me on all cylinders....weren't you?

I always appreciate the personal attacks the mods mete out MUCH more than those from the ranks. Mucho gracias, amigo.

The only time I'm a mod is when I do mod functions or post in red, BD. The rest of the time I'm a poster just like you. Seems like your previous post to me you were firing personal attacks at me on all cylinders....weren't you?

No, I was not. If I had been, it would have read "you, you, you-you, you-you-you" not "PEOPLE WHO".

No, I was not. If I had been, it would have read "you, you, you-you, you-you-you" not "PEOPLE WHO".

You were responding to my post. :confused:
How else would anyone take it?

You were responding to my post. :confused:
How else would anyone take it?

Beats me. I assume if the shoe doesn't fit, they're not talking about me.

In other words, if you don't do that, why would you assume it was about you?

So anytime someone doesnt vote for something themselves they are immune from its consequences?

Is that the government you suggest we have?

When some pampered asshole actor tells me that I should let the fucking government steal more of my money when in my opinion they already get more than enough then yes I despise that idiot.

And our government has enough fucking morons in it that we have to listen to so Matt and his ilk should keep their fucking stupidity to themselves. Or better yet he can spout his idiocy to people dumb enough to pay to see his movies and leave the rest of us alone.

Matt already has his millions.... to Hell with the rest of us!

I will take him seriously when he puts his millions where his mouth is.

(Nahh... not really)

Forum List

Back