Matt Damon's Final Answer

BDBoop

Platinum Member
Jul 20, 2011
Don't harsh my zen, Jen!
Matt Damon says we should tax the rich | Blog | Rebuild the Dream

"I don't know who would start a business with their tax cuts. That just defies common sense."

Maybe this clip escaped notice because it is so utterly noncontroversial. Most Americans, even a majority of Republicans, favor raising taxes on the rich. Well, maybe in conservative circles it’s controversial, but back in the real world, people understand that those who do well in America should do right by America.

Good quote from the peanut gallery.

I am so very tired of that “I never got a job from a poor man line.” Yeah, and I’ve never been screwed over and paid insultingly low wages by a poor man either. Nor have I been ripped off and overcharged for a lousy product/service by a poor man.

Last edited:

"I don't know who would start a business with their tax cuts. That just defies common sense."

Maybe this clip escaped notice because it is so utterly noncontroversial. Most Americans, even a majority of Republicans, favor raising taxes on the rich. Well, maybe in conservative circles it’s controversial, but back in the real world, people understand that those who do well in America should do right by America.

Matt Damon the economist?

Although, I do tip the hat for his giving to charities.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWTzyU5MFgM]‪Matt Damon in Team America‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

What would he know about being a poor man. He won't work for less than a gazillion a picture. I am so tired of the crap these spoiled self appointed elitist put out. F'em and all the other celebrity elitist.

he should put his money where his mouth is and send in 50% of all he owns to the gubbmint. let me know when he does.

I just love people who are wealthy talk about paying more taxes once they have it. It will stifle anyone else that tries to achieve wealth in the future. If they think they should pay more in taxes....nobody is stopping them and the government will gladly accept the funds.
These are the exact same people that have their wealth sheltered from taxes....go figure.

This is why the democrats have such a difficult time dealing with reality. They latch on to some dimwit actor that agrees with them, and parade them around like an expert in the field of discussion. Meanwhile said actor hasn't a fuckin' clue about what they're talking about.

My hats off to what most do for charity, but for non-charity matters most of them don't know fuck all about anything pertinent to average Americans.

Like most Hollywood personalities, Matt Damon is a moron.

When people are not sending their money to the government to dispense to useless moochers and parasites, they can spend it on other things, or they can invest it. Both activies provide opportunities for new businesses to start.

You lefties need to lay off the movie magazines for a while. I'm no fan of Alec Baldwin but I love the commercial where he sits in the cockpit of a plane and starts flipping switches. When the pilot gives him a dirty look he says "it's OK I once played a pilot in a movie". Are lefties going to take advice from Damon about CIA operations because he once played a spy?

Forum List

Back