Massive Amtrak Crash....but who cares about our highways and trains?

What is your point?
Point? I asked a question.
Who owns/operates the tracks and the trains in the "NE corridor"?
You apparently do not know.
:dunno:
You are trying to look clever but you are actually coming off as very lazy and you probably don't like to read anything longer than a headline.
You don't need to get all upset that you don't have an answer to my question -- lots of people are ignorant.
:dunno:

Especially you.
And don't edit my posts to suit your responses.
Amtrak is not government owned, building and maintenance of the rails they run on are.
Delta, American and other airlines are not owned by the government, but building and maintenance of airports are.
Cars are not owned by the government but the building and maintenance of highways are.

Getting it yet?

Yep. We get that you are an utter loon.

Trolling is what you do best.

Dereliction of duty by an overpaid civil servant would be more likely....

But hey, what dimwitted, marxist fool wouldnt use a tragedy for cries for a "supertrain"....... Assholes

House Appropriations Committee voted just this morning to cut Amtrak's budget by another $250,000,000.

Doesn't take a communist leftie to stand on the platform of the 30th Street train station in Phila and see the decay of the rail lines, much less the bad condition of Amtrak's cars. Forget about SEPTA....It's like riding on some antique car at Disneyland.

Philly still has trolleys from the 50s

Rt-15-trolley-41st-Parkside-Avenue.jpg

you're such a dishonest hack for inferring that this has anything to do with infrastructure spending...the people of philly fought to get the trolley back and keep it, it is nostalgia, not infrastructure rightwinger

Capturing late 1960s Philadelphia Trolleys Neon Cobblestones and All Hidden City Philadelphia

Last time I mentioned our crumbling infrastructure I was derided for sounding like a broken record. So six people dead and 140 injured. So six people dead and 140 injured. So six people dead and....

Not to mention that all train traffic between Phila and NYC has been stopped since last night at 9:30. You shut down NYC and the country will come to a halt, too.

Conservatives do not like trains
we don't like to crow from the top of dead bodies

seems you leftist do

I know, I know

Better to wait till the story fades to a distant memory so conservatives can tell us how we don't need to invest in infrastructure or mass transit
Didn't obama get nearly a trillion dollars for shovel ready infrastructure work? I believe it went to teacher unions. If this about money, Obama owns this one.

Last time I mentioned our crumbling infrastructure I was derided for sounding like a broken record. So six people dead and 140 injured. So six people dead and 140 injured. So six people dead and.....

And you have no evidence that this has anything to do with the accident, so until you do, shut your hole.

There was a train derailment back in 1990 in Winslow, NJ...due to deteriorated wooden railroad ties, let's hope this is not the case, but we can't be too sure.

speculation goes both ways . I'm hearing that it MAY have been a dope smoking union member , train operator that was traveling too fast for the curve . Just some speculation NTP !!

The Acela corridor is rated for speeds up to at least 125 mph. Trains regularly travel that route at those speeds.

Your speculation is based upon ignorance.

The only LEGITINATE Federal Transportation spending is on interstate highways. Nothing beyond that is Mandated in the US Constitution. The rest is the problem of the States or in this particular case the private company which should be running AMTRAK rather than the US Government.

Assumes facts not in evidence.

Heres some non speculation...

For 43 years, Amtrak has operated at a loss. It stays in business thanks to a healthy annual government subsidy of around $1b a year. It also benefits from the busy Northeast Corridor, which accounts for a large chunk of its overall revenue.

Their business model keeps ticket prices high, despite the fact that most Americans look to planes and automobiles for long distance travel. Is Amtrak worth it?

Produced by Graham Flanagan.

Last time I mentioned our crumbling infrastructure I was derided for sounding like a broken record. So six people dead and 140 injured. So six people dead and 140 injured. So six people dead and....

Not to mention that all train traffic between Phila and NYC has been stopped since last night at 9:30. You shut down NYC and the country will come to a halt, too.

It is truly tragic that these people were killed, it truly is. But if you really cared about the US infrastructure, and bettering the lives of workers period, you would push for the adoption of telework and flex work systems in all industries where that is possible. Everything else you whine about is merely mental masturbation.

The facts are that trains don't pay for themselves. Period. They CAN work in extremely dense population areas like the one involved, but even there....were it not for the millions of car drivers the trains would be gone.

Work to do something that would actually be beneficial to the planet and people in general. This sniveling of yours is just stupid.

Heres some non speculation...
For 43 years, Amtrak has operated at a loss. It stays in business thanks to a healthy annual government subsidy of around $1b a year. It also benefits from the busy Northeast Corridor, which accounts for a large chunk of its overall revenue.
Their business model keeps ticket prices high, despite the fact that most Americans look to planes and automobiles for long distance travel. Is Amtrak worth it?
Maybe if Amtrak dumped its continental services and concentrated on commuter service, it would not need a subsidy and could afford to maintain its own assets. Why should the American people pay a company to provide such a low-demand service?

Last edited:

Conservatives do not like trains

Yeah, cuz they're cheaper and safer and a lot more fun. Trains all over the world that travel across huge distances without mishap. No reason why the US couldn't have the same kind of system.

No matter what the cause of this particular wreck was, its indefensible that we don't repair and maintain our infrastructure.

Just like so many other things, we have the money to buy tanks we won't use and planes that don't work but we never seem to have enough to invest in our own country and our own people.

And that is just plain dumb.

This line, the Northeast Corridor, is a nightmare to ride. The rail system between D.C. and Boston hasn't been updated in over 60 years.

But bomb, bomb, bomb ....bomb, bomb Iran. Yeah baby! Defense spending trumps our own citizens' ability to get to work every day.

Death Toll Rises to 6 in Philadelphia Amtrak Train Wreck
(140 injured)

Death Toll Rises to 6 in Philadelphia Amtrak Train Wreck - WSJ
BN-IJ919_0513pa_P_20150513003151.jpg

The Chinese, French, Italians, Japanese, et al. are laughing at us.
large_article_im2631_China_Bullet_Train.jpg
wow just wow...

Forum List

Back