Massive Amtrak Crash....but who cares about our highways and trains?

NoTeaPartyPleez

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2012
This line, the Northeast Corridor, is a nightmare to ride. The rail system between D.C. and Boston hasn't been updated in over 60 years.

But bomb, bomb, bomb ....bomb, bomb Iran. Yeah baby! Defense spending trumps our own citizens' ability to get to work every day.

Death Toll Rises to 6 in Philadelphia Amtrak Train Wreck
(140 injured)

Death Toll Rises to 6 in Philadelphia Amtrak Train Wreck - WSJ
BN-IJ919_0513pa_P_20150513003151.jpg

The Chinese, French, Italians, Japanese, et al. are laughing at us.
large_article_im2631_China_Bullet_Train.jpg

Last time I mentioned our crumbling infrastructure I was derided for sounding like a broken record. So six people dead and 140 injured. So six people dead and 140 injured. So six people dead and....

Not to mention that all train traffic between Phila and NYC has been stopped since last night at 9:30. You shut down NYC and the country will come to a halt, too.

Last time I mentioned our crumbling infrastructure I was derided for sounding like a broken record. So six people dead and 140 injured. So six people dead and 140 injured. So six people dead and....

Not to mention that all train traffic between Phila and NYC has been stopped since last night at 9:30. You shut down NYC and the country will come to a halt, too.

Can we wait 5 minutes to see what the cause was!!!!
This happened recently and the train engineer was literally asleep at the switch....

But yeah it's a shame that other countries are so far ahead of us with transportation and bridges and airports...
So we need to look at how government spends taxpayer dollars.

We need a budget...
No more deficit spending...
Cut back funding or cancel programs that don't work.
Eliminate fraud and cut wasteful spending.

Or continue down the same path we have been on forever.

Last time I mentioned our crumbling infrastructure I was derided for sounding like a broken record. So six people dead and 140 injured. So six people dead and 140 injured. So six people dead and.....

And you have no evidence that this has anything to do with the accident, so until you do, shut your hole.

This line, the Northeast Corridor, is a nightmare to ride. The rail system between D.C. and Boston hasn't been updated in over 60 years.

But bomb, bomb, bomb ....bomb, bomb Iran. Yeah baby! Defense spending trumps our own citizens' ability to get to work every day.

(140 injured)

Mr. Nutter said a “black box” data recorder aboard the train had been recovered and is being analyzed at an Amtrak facility in Delaware. He said it was too soon to speculate on the cause of the accident.

In other words; You Are A Lying PIle of Shit that is using the deaths of innocent people to push your agenda.

vile fucking leftist filth

speculation goes both ways . I'm hearing that it MAY have been a dope smoking union member , train operator that was traveling too fast for the curve . Just some speculation NTP !!

The only LEGITINATE Federal Transportation spending is on interstate highways. Nothing beyond that is Mandated in the US Constitution. The rest is the problem of the States or in this particular case the private company which should be running AMTRAK rather than the US Government.

Conservatives do not like trains

we don't like to crow from the top of dead bodies

seems you leftist do

think that Anethema makes a very good point . Amtrak equals a private company I think , should be the AMTRAKS Rail Road experience running how they maintain their infrastructure I think !!

we don't like to crow from the top of dead bodies

seems you leftist do

I know, I know

Better to wait till the story fades to a distant memory so conservatives can tell us how we don't need to invest in infrastructure or mass transit

(140 injured)

Outstanding thread.

I currently live in the one country that has the most advanced train/tram/bus system in the western world: Germany.

98% of the country is covered by this form of mass-transit. And they sink a lot of money into keeping it up to date.

This is why I am often tapatalking between business appts. I am usually on a train or tram between points A and B. And it's cheaper than traveling by car.

You are absolutely right about this point. We Americans are lagging severely behind in the area of public transit.

(140 injured)

Mr. Nutter said a “black box” data recorder aboard the train had been recovered and is being analyzed at an Amtrak facility in Delaware. He said it was too soon to speculate on the cause of the accident.

In other words; You Are A Lying PIle of Shit that is using the deaths of innocent people to push your agenda.

you seem angry.

(140 injured)

I agree, our infrastructure sucks, and we need to quit the wasteful spending at the top and well lets start with the 3.2 billion plus we send to Israel every year, cut out all aid except to developing countries and those with natural disasters. War with Iran, screw that, no way. Let the Saud fight Iran along with Israel. We really need to take care of things here.

House Appropriations Committee voted just this morning to cut Amtrak's budget by another $250,000,000.

Doesn't take a communist leftie to stand on the platform of the 30th Street train station in Phila and see the decay of the rail lines, much less the bad condition of Amtrak's cars. Forget about SEPTA....It's like riding on some antique car at Disneyland.

A SEPTA traim, same corridor had the engineer's window knocked out, 4 minutes before this crash by a hurled object. Coincidence?

House Appropriations Committee voted just this morning to cut Amtrak's budget by another $250,000,000.

Doesn't take a communist leftie to stand on the platform of the 30th Street train station in Phila and see the decay of the rail lines, much less the bad condition of Amtrak's cars. Forget about SEPTA....It's like riding on some antique car at Disneyland.

Philly still has trolleys from the 50s

Rt-15-trolley-41st-Parkside-Avenue.jpg

(140 injured)

you seem angry.

I think Two Thumbs has one firmly up her @ss.

Note that absolutely no rightie will address the Chinese high-speed train image I posted. None of them. Cluck-cluck...

Forum List

Back