Martin Luther King day: A time to honor a great American

Frankly, I think George Washington should have his own holiday before MLK does.

It's about politics.

It's about politics.

George Washington used to have His Own Holiday, so did Abraham Lincoln. The Oligarchy took it away, not Martin Luther King. No reason to punish Him.

When we first started to celebrate Martin Luther King Day I looked at it as a holiday to appease blacks. In reading about him through the years I realized that he saved the country.

Up until WWII, blacks were content to accept the status quo. During the war, blacks fought for their country, held positions of responsiblity and saw other parts of the world. They saw the outrage of how the Germans treated the Jews and came home to second class citizen status.

If you look at how oppressed people of the world react to their situation, the most common tactic is guerilla war, bombings, assasinations and terrorism. The IRA used it, Castro and Che Guevera. You fight force with force.

By adopting the tactics of Gandhi, peaceful resistance, MLK saved this country from a revolution. Instead, it was the whites who adopted terrorist tactics......bombing churches, lynching, assasination, attack dogs. The rest of the country turned against the oppressors.

After the bombings and attacks, many blacks advocated fighting back. King held them in check and insisted on peaceful protest. If he lacked the personal strength of his convictions and gave into open warfare this would have been a different country

One of Kings greatest achievements is what he didn't do. He resisted the urge to fight terror with terror.

It's about politics.

George Washington used to have His Own Holiday, so did Abraham Lincoln. The Oligarchy took it away, not Martin Luther King. No reason to punish Him.

He isn't punished. He is dead.

The great presidents should have their own holidays.

It's about politics.

Great President's Holiday's also have nothing to do with Him.

You want to honor him? Forget the holiday and focus on living his message everyday. Start judging people by their merits and character rather than by their skin color.

MLK day means nothing to me or my race.

But he did help the colored people.

Sunni,

They dont like being called "coloured", Negro is the correct racial identification for them. MLK was a trouble making Negro, everywhere he went there were resulting riots. MLK was also a COWARD because he always left before the rioting started. He simply provoked trouble and said "feet do yo thang".

The GOP decided there should be a holiday for MLK because they wanted to appease the Negro and perhaps get a few votes as a result.

Make no mistake Sunni, the Negro is still and always will be a second-class citizen in the USA.

particularly the president and his family.

The point that Intense, The MLK FANATIC, is STILL missing is that no matter who the "Oligarchy" (as if there WAS one.....although, presently. there IS one) decided against w/r/t the holidays.........MLK was chosen OVER George Washington, and Abraham Lincoln.

BOTH George Washington, and Abraham Lincoln (and, AT LEAST, a 1/2 dozen others) were LIGHT YEARS ahead of MLK in CHARACTER, and HISTORICAL GREATNESS than one, who admittedly, was many notches above a Jimmy Swaggart (another whoremonger), but still riding on the shirt-tails of Gandhi (another Historical Great) achieved honourable mention in History because of the confluency of events and his oratorical skills.

As to Intense's Intensified FANATICISM re MLK, in his quote: "No reason to punish Him" (note the cap on the "H" when referring to MLK). Apparently, Intense feels so strongly for his idol that he endows MLK with the godlike qualities of Jesus.......mebbe even "H"is replacement with the former.

The bottom line in choosing MLK for the ONE SLOT in the National Holiday list was THE FACT OF PC BRAINWASHING TO PLACATE THE WHINIEST SEGMENT OF OUR POPULATION......I suppose if the Queers work long enough and hard enough M(I)LK, the San Drancisco Queer, will achieve the NEXT SLOT for the National Holiday status.

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Last edited:
A great American for sure. Would he have made a great president also? I am sure he would have. These types of individuals are too scarce, they cast aside their own comfort and safety to serve others unconditionally.
I admit he did alot for his people when he wasn't partying in motel rooms with white prostitutes. :doubt:

Another grocery store 'rag rack' magazine story at the checkout? Although I have not read anything like that, I'll reserve any further comments until I find a credible source. Got the link or should I invoke the,in my opinion, 'controlled Google search engine"? I cannot say your right or wrong, but I would be disappointed. Besides we are only human, and most of us humans have some 'stuff' somewhere. None of us are as someone said in here, are 'perfect', well except for my wife.

Just don't tell me that Charles Bronson or Steven Segal wore pantyhose, well, nevermind. :lol:

I never thought I would see a defender of MLK's sex life. you going to run behind jfk next?

This is more of an embarassment to the FBI and J Edgar Hoover. The idea that they would bug a private citizens sex life while their own director prances around in a dress and is involved in a homosexual affair with his deputy was perhaps the low point of a once great agency
There is ZERO evidence that J. dgar Hoover wore womens clothes or was a homosexual. :doubt:
Bullshit

This is more of an embarassment to the FBI and J Edgar Hoover. The idea that they would bug a private citizens sex life while their own director prances around in a dress and is involved in a homosexual affair with his deputy was perhaps the low point of a once great agency
There is ZERO evidence that J. dgar Hoover wore womens clothes or was a homosexual. :doubt:
Bullshit
Then please provide factual evidence or credible link to prove he was a cross dresser or a homo.

Thank You

The point that Intense, The MLK FANATIC, is STILL missing is that no matter who the "Oligarchy" (as if there WAS one.....although, presently. there IS one) decided against w/r/t the holidays.........MLK was chosen OVER George Washington, and Abraham Lincoln.

BOTH George Washington, and Abraham Lincoln (and, AT LEAST, a 1/2 dozen others) were LIGHT YEARS ahead of MLK in CHARACTER, and HISTORICAL GREATNESS than one, who admittedly, was many notches above a Jimmy Swaggart (another whoremonger), but still riding on the shirt-tails of Gandhi (another Historical Great) achieved honourable mention in History because of the confluency of events and his oratorical skills.

As to Intense's Intensified FANATICISM re MLK, in his quote: "No reason to punish Him" (note the cap on the "H" when referring to MLK). Apparently, Intense feels so strongly for his idol that he endows MLK with the godlike qualities of Jesus.......mebbe even "H"is replacement with the former.

The bottom line in choosing MLK for the ONE SLOT in the National Holiday list was THE FACT OF PC BRAINWASHING TO PLACATE THE WHINIEST SEGMENT OF OUR POPULATION......I suppose if the Queers work long enough and hard enough M(I)LK, the San Drancisco Queer, will achieve the NEXT SLOT for the National Holiday status.

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

I'm not missing any point. You are. I don't believe in Idol's at all, or Witch Hunt's either. The Day bothers You, don't observe it. Trying to drag MLK in the mud changes nothing.

I'm not missing any point. You are. I don't believe in Idol's at all, or Witch Hunt's either. The Day bothers You, don't observe it. Trying to drag MLK in the mud changes nothing.

My holiday is better than your holiday. Petty BS

Doesn't relate to Dr Kings accomplishments at all

Forum List

Back