Marriage is "Fundamental to our very Existence and Survival"...

It's "Fundamental to our very Existence and Survival"... As the Supreme Court pointed out when Blacks and Whites were Denied Marriage...

Blacks and Whites of the Opposite Sex, that is.

you might want to actually read and understand Loving v Virginia.

the concept wasn't about the people's color. it was about marriage being a fundamental right and government needing to have a governmental interest in limiting that fundamental right before it can do so.

your hate doesn't create a governmental interest.

but feel free to take it up with stevie. he seems to share your obsession, mal.

The only interest that government has in marriage is the care and upbringing of children, and that interest is tenuous at best. States should get the hell out of the marriage business and allow contractual law to govern personal relationships.

Children will be no worse off without government, than they are with government, and in most cases, will be better off under contract law.

That will solve all of the perceived faults, and serve the interests of hetrosexuals, homosexuals, and those who want group marriage. Little boys and little girls will still be off limits to the perverts. Animals may not be.

Would you like the state to get out of:
Child custody
Divorce
Inheritance
Paternity
Bankruptcy
Real Estate
as well? Because marriage plays a part in all those areas.

Not quite true, unfortunately. Because if you think gay sex is 'icky' then that's not 'acceptable'. If you want to show openly in public that you're a Chrsitian, that's not acceptable either. If you're gay, tell everyone, even to the point of making a formal media announcement about it and you'll be celebrated. If you're a Christian, just shut the hell up.

Michael Sam - Announces to the world in a pre-arranged press conference that he's gay, 'the world' applauds, not only applauds, but celebrates his 'bravery'. He's drafted despite the fact of poor performance compared to many other athletes.

Tim Tebow - Gives credit to God for his athletic performance quietly on the field - is scorned, made fun of, and told to 'keep his religion to himself', no one wants to hear it.

Which NFL star tweeted about Tebow? I would argue that it was Tebows celebrity as a Christian "Warrior" that kept him going long past what his playing ability warranted.

Who knows? That would have never seen national attention, you obviously need to revisit all the Tebow threads where libs like you spewed hate on him for talking about his faith.

Oh puhleese. Loverbear woulda been all over it. It didn't happen is why you can't find anything.

"Liberals" on USMB are not celebrities or athletes representing an organization.

Which NFL star tweeted about Tebow? I would argue that it was Tebows celebrity as a Christian "Warrior" that kept him going long past what his playing ability warranted.

Who knows? That would have never seen national attention, you obviously need to revisit all the Tebow threads where libs like you spewed hate on him for talking about his faith.

Oh puhleese. Loverbear woulda been all over it. It didn't happen is why you can't find anything.

"Liberals" on USMB are not celebrities or athletes representing an organization.

Still doesn't change the fact that you ridiculed him for openly showing his faith, saying he should keep it to himself. Funny how that changes when it's a gay guy wanting to openly declare his 'gayness', then he's not told to shut up and keep it to himself, and he's applauded as a hero for his bravery. And it wasn't just USMB libs, it was all over the media as well, yet you try to act like it didn't happen. :lol:

We're here, we're queer, we ain't going anywheer!

No one has told you to go anywhere. We have just said you don't have the right to force us to change the definition of marriage into something it is not and never will be.

And we'd like them to keep the assless chaps in the bedroom and off of highrise residential streets in the middle of the day where children are...

There's that also. :thup:

:)

peace...

I think that's a given whether the person wearing is gay or straight.

No one has told you to go anywhere. We have just said you don't have the right to force us to change the definition of marriage into something it is not and never will be.

And we'd like them to keep the assless chaps in the bedroom and off of highrise residential streets in the middle of the day where children are...

There's that also. :thup:

peace...

I think that's a given whether the person wearing is gay or straight.

How often do you see straight men wearing something like that?

Pretty sure that humans had babies for thousands of years before the idea of a wedding ceremony and joint tax filings.

Yep. The rubes think people will stop fucking if the government stops paying them to. :lol:

Hmmm...

I guess the divorce rate was much higher before the government started gifting people for being married.

And the birth rate must have been MUCH lower before the government starting gifting people for being married and having kids.

And the illegitimate birth rate must have been much lower before the government started gifting people for having kids.

Oh, wait...

If we didn't demand the government be all up in our marriages, we wouldn't even be having a debate about gay marriage.

HETEROS: Gimme gimme gimme.

UNCLE SAM: Here you go!

TH3 GAYZ: We'd like the same, please.

BIGOTS: Oh, hell no! You think you are special!

TH3 GAYZ: We just want the same government cash and prizes you get for being married.

BIGOTS: No! You are already equal!

:lol:

Statistically speaking, if you are a Fag in San Fran, there is a 1 in 4 chance you will end up in a Hospice in your 40's dying from complications to a Virus that the Civilized World and Educated People have known how not to Contract for over 3 decades now.

peace...

Why do you continue to pull shit out of your ass? You treat your integrity like a 25 cent whore.

Hey mal posted this topic again..why not just bump the 300 other ones on the same topic....

Hmmm...

I guess the divorce rate was much higher before the government started gifting people for being married.

And the birth rate must have been MUCH lower before the government starting gifting people for being married and having kids.

And the illegitimate birth rate must have been much lower before the government started gifting people for having kids.

Oh, wait...

Please name a time and society when marriage was not a privileged state.

Here's an undeniable scientific fact:

That among mammalian species, heterosexuality is the predominant genetic and sexual trait. There is a reason for that. For a species to survive it must reproduce. This happens in one of two ways: sexually (by male and female copulation), or asexually (fission). Now, homosexuality does not belong to either of those methods of reproduction. Scientifically speaking, homosexuality takes away from the reproductive capability of a species. For a homosexual couple to raise a child, they must take advantage of reproductive process to do so, through surrogacy or if a lesbian, using the services of a sperm bank. Another is through adoption. If Homosexuality was normal in human beings, wouldn't you see a wider distribution of homosexuals in proportion to heterosexuals?

Now, I have nothing against homosexuals, but science proves that it is an abnormal trait. It is a recessive trait among the human species in particular. If you still don't believe me, explain why less than 3% of Americans and 1 in 5 people worldwide are gay. This signals that it is an aberration in human development.

Last edited:

Statistically speaking, if you are a Fag in San Fran, there is a 1 in 4 chance you will end up in a Hospice in your 40's dying from complications to a Virus that the Civilized World and Educated People have known how not to Contract for over 3 decades now.

peace...

Why do you continue to pull shit out of your ass? You treat your integrity like a 25 cent whore.
No wonder you're attracted to his posts.

How do you know he's wrong?

peace...

No wonder you're attracted to his posts.

How do you know he's wrong?

His fingers are moving.

Plus, past performance, and the lack of supporting evidence.

The funny thing is, married people have a lower rate of sexually transmitted diseases. So pointing out the STD rate among people you don't want to get married is counterproductive. Marriage LOWERS the rate of STD transmission!

The tactic also reveals an astounding ignorance of history. STDs were killing heterosexuals by the millions for centuries.

Think Al Capone. Think King Edward VI.

The funny thing is, married people have a lower rate of sexually transmitted diseases. So pointing out the STD rate among people you don't want to get married is counterproductive. Marriage LOWERS the rate of STD transmission!

The tactic also reveals an astounding ignorance of history. STDs were killing heterosexuals by the millions for centuries.

Think Al Capone. Think King Edward VI.

People who drive Rolls Royces also have a lower incidence of STDs. Let's give everyone a Rolls!

Homosexuals are sexually rapacious, sometimes having hundreds of sex partners a year. Married homosexuals cheat like crazy on each other.
It's a non starter of an argument for all kinds of reasons.

That's the sort of thing I'm talking about.

What sort of 'distinction' are you talking about here?

well, corporatism is generally defined at differentiating needs/desires of different segments of society, e.g. agrarian v. urban, industrial based v. agrarian. We've had corporate differences since the founders, as the South was always different socially and economically from the north.

However, how can there be corporatism when govt treats ALL alike? We all will grow old, sick and die. If you treat all old people alike, where's the corporatism? It seems to me we are practicing coporatism if we treat old gay people differently than old straights.

I think I understand your gist that we'd be better off without schemes like soc sec and medicare. I disagree with you. But I accept your logic that essentially that is corporatism in that the interests of those getting benefits is made different by the schemes.

However, all citizens must pay taxes. Even assuming adjusting rates on the ablity to pay is setting differences, it becomes even more a distinction when gays/unmarried are denied some advantage given to married folks.

Perhaps I misunderstand, but it seems to me your beliefs are best served when the same rule(s) apply to all equally.

That's pretty much it, yeah. The age examples you cite are debatable, but you clearly understand what I'm getting at.

My issue is with the notion that any 'advantage' at all is granted to married folks. I don't accept the idea that government has any business telling us what kind of families to form or even that we should. The aspect of corporatism I'm whinging about is that married people are given special perks that non-married people don't get. That's the core of the problem, and the gay marriage issue goes away when that does. If we simply add gays to the list of 'authorized marriages' we're still excluding all other potential forms of marriage contracts.

I don't necessarily agree that giving favorable tax treatment, for example, to coerce or encourage a behavior we find benefits society is never appropriate. But, I'm certainly not going to attempt to argue that doing so never has negative consequences for individuals that cannot be morally justified, and with the budget deficits obviously there are negatives.

However, I do disagree with those who oppose treating gay marriage equally with non-gay people because we all have the same interest in raising, or not raising, kids. Or disposing of our estates. Govt does not "grant" us these rights. The govt doesn't grant me the right to work or marry. However, the govt does appropriately regulate some safety at my job, and it does provide that I may not simply walk away from children without supporting them. When govt acts, at the bequest of those who don't want equal rights for gays, to use its proper regulatory power to simply deny gays the right to do something that non-gays "get" to do, I think that is even more poisonous than any economic negatives of corporatism.

Forum List

Back