Marine Veteran Jailed in Mexico on Weapons Charges for Bringing Guns Across Border

He simply missed an exit, and had no way of turning back.
Bullshit, nobody forced him to cross a clearly marked international border. If had to pull his car over and ask the US CBP guys what to do then that is what you do, there isn't a "no turning back" scenario unless he's in one of those toyotas with the stuck accelerator.

cbsnews-com-mexican-border.jpg

It could have happened to any one of us. I don't get how he can potentially get 6 to 25 years for simply missing an exit?
Nope, it wouldn't have happened to me.

He isn't getting 6 to 25 years for missing an exit, he's getting it for entering a country with prohibited firearms.

Perhaps America could send some mercenaries with "prohibited," loaded firearms. They don't care about our laws why should we care about theirs?

He simply missed an exit, and had no way of turning back.
Bullshit, nobody forced him to cross a clearly marked international border. If had to pull his car over and ask the US CBP guys what to do then that is what you do, there isn't a "no turning back" scenario unless he's in one of those toyotas with the stuck accelerator.

cbsnews-com-mexican-border.jpg

It could have happened to any one of us. I don't get how he can potentially get 6 to 25 years for simply missing an exit?
Nope, it wouldn't have happened to me.

He isn't getting 6 to 25 years for missing an exit, he's getting it for entering a country with prohibited firearms.

sounds like he needs some assistance with his issues--which, from what I gather is non-existent? Lacking military experience or expertise---trauma affects people differently. ??His identity is soldier---he keeps his guns. I don't have much of any worth to add. I hope he survives this experience--it does not sound good.

I don't buy his story. Nobody crosses the border by accident. He could have turned around when he saw the freaking gigantic signs that indicated the US Mex border. That having been said it's pretty ironic that nobody in the ATF or the Attorney General's office has been arrested for shipping 3,000 illegal weapons to Mexican drug cartels and the murder of a Border Patrol officer.

<This is an exceptional circumstance and Sgt. Tahmooressi won't be penalized for not attending this meeting," Jones told FoxNews.com.>

He wanted to turn around but Mexican police surrounded the vehicle? He needed to turn around... duh before he entered Mexico. I sympathize with the guy and maybe he forgot that he had a gun in the car and obviously there was no criminal intent on his part but I still don't buy his story.

Why in the world are we letting a soldier with PTSD drive around the country with weapons?

And if he's innocent why did he try to escape and then kill himself in jail?
Andrew Tahmooressi, Decorated U.S. Marine From Weston, Is Now Jailed in Mexico | New Times Broward-Palm Beach
PTSD does not disqualify one from owning weapons. Stress issues do not necessarily equate to having mental deficiencies. A court of law would need to determine that one is mentally unfit in order for the state to deny someone a carry permit.

As for why he tried to escape, if you were wrongfully arrested in a foreign country, and saw an opportunity to escape, wouldn't you consider it? I also don't buy that he tried to kill himself, it may have been an accident as he was in locked in solitary confinement at the time he allegedly stabbed himself.

Please do not try reasoning with that flaming lib.

if you were wrongfully arrested in a foreign country
He wasn't wrongfully arrested, he drove into Mexico with guns in his truck.

He did not know he was in mexico...
The US is government is blowing this one big time.
That kid should have been released already.
The Obama admin sits on it's hands while this Decorated Soldier rots in a Mexican jail.
BTW, The mexican government moved him to a prison farther from the border.
That was a statement being made by the mexican government.
In retaliation we should close the border until the soldier is returned to the US.

Weapons running to Mexico is a big and very profitable business. I am not saying this person in particular was doing so but if someone wanted to pick up a few extra hundred bucks this would be a good way to do it. He did have a good choice of guns.

I am saying he was and, whilst I'm at it, I'm saying he's a shit liar.
It's so easy to miss the border crossing at that point as this photo of the crossing shows.
Really, anyone could drive past and never notice it.

ullmann12-1024x682.jpg

Basically, fuck him.
He's gun running to people who kill to protect their drugs trade.
He did not cross at a major crossing like this. He made a wrong turn and crossed here.
https://www.google.com/maps/@32.5508349,-116.9359373,382m/data=!3m1!1e3..
zoom in on the loop road where the trucks are. Note how the road crosses the border before crossing back.

I saw 3 huge yellow signs telling me it was last US exit and another that said Mexico only

Weapons running to Mexico is a big and very profitable business. I am not saying this person in particular was doing so but if someone wanted to pick up a few extra hundred bucks this would be a good way to do it. He did have a good choice of guns.

I am saying he was and, whilst I'm at it, I'm saying he's a shit liar.
It's so easy to miss the border crossing at that point as this photo of the crossing shows.
Really, anyone could drive past and never notice it.

ullmann12-1024x682.jpg

Basically, fuck him.
He's gun running to people who kill to protect their drugs trade.
He did not cross at a major crossing like this. He made a wrong turn and crossed here.
https://www.google.com/maps/@32.5508349,-116.9359373,382m/data=!3m1!1e3..
zoom in on the loop road where the trucks are. Note how the road crosses the border before crossing back.

Watch the video in my first quote, Spoon.

Pretty large glaring signs letting you know what is coming up

one thing that could have happened-----

he was driving--had things on his mind--I gather he has not sought or received treatment for whatever issues he may have---from what his mother said---the family 'thought he should pursue this'.

So maybe he was thinking about--'what is wrong with me'--what should I do--and driving. Missed the turn and that was it.

I have driven like that on occasion--something on my mind. Got lost---once ran out of gas. My brother had died ---fwiw. I needed to drive.

His mother said he was never a drinker--had been consuming vodka--a few other things. It sounds like depression---understandable--maybe it's more.

Greta Van Sustern is covering this--whatever you think of her. I find her to be credible--

Very new to the area....just seems like you'd be looking and figuring it out even harder.

Don't misunderstand me....I love my jarhead step-brothers
:salute:

Jails are full of people that made stupid mistakes.

FrankenKerry is supposed to be lobbying in his behalf but, given the history of this admin's State Dept, I don't hold much hope

Forum List

Back