Marijuana to Blame for Increased Drug Use in 2009, Government Report Says

The one issue where State's rights can be asserted and fought for and it seems that there are more libs on the side of State's rights than cons.

Weird that.

Completely false, most libs want a federal law preventing states from making pot illegal.

True story

So are you in support of the State of California nullifying Federal law and legalizing marijuana?

I am for that one reason alone, not to mention I am for personal rights and responsibilities instead of wanting daddy government telling people what they can and can't eat,drink,smoke ,etc.

The one issue where State's rights can be asserted and fought for and it seems that there are more libs on the side of State's rights than cons.

Weird that.

What's weird? That cons have just used "State's rights" as a code for keeping the darkies down? I know few libs that support the draconian drug laws we have on the books. I know few libs that would try to fight against states having medicinal marijuana laws on the books. Perhaps it's more a principled civil rights argument that you're confusing.

So you support States nullifying Federal law pertaining to marijuana?

I am for that one reason alone, not to mention I am for personal rights and responsibilities instead of wanting daddy government telling people what they can and can't eat,drink,smoke ,etc.

Weird that.

What's weird? That cons have just used "State's rights" as a code for keeping the darkies down? I know few libs that support the draconian drug laws we have on the books. I know few libs that would try to fight against states having medicinal marijuana laws on the books. Perhaps it's more a principled civil rights argument that you're confusing.

We agree, on an individual level. I believe we are responsible for what we put into our bodies, and ought to expect our government to provide us with good information regarding our choices. With marijuana, I don't see either. Do I support State nullification as a matter of principle? No. I see it as a case by case issue. I spit on the State's attempt to nullify civil rights law, because I see the individual liberties as paramount.

National Drug Control Policy Director Gil Kerlikowske
(Credit: JEWEL SAMAD/AFP/Getty Images) A new government report blames increased marijuana use for an uptick in the overall use of illicit drugs among Americans.

The annual National Survey on Drug Use and Health shows the rate of illicit drug use rose from eight percent in 2008 to 8.7 percent in 2009. The survey also found increases in the use of ecstasy and methamphetamines.

I will say that I find these numbers interesting since just the other day there was a thread on here stating that violent crime is at a 3 year low.... Hmmmm :eusa_think:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/curre...-crime-drops-for-the-third-straight-year.html

We agree, on an individual level. I believe we are responsible for what we put into our bodies, and ought to expect our government to provide us with good information regarding our choices. With marijuana, I don't see either. Do I support State nullification as a matter of principle? No. I see it as a case by case issue. I spit on the State's attempt to nullify civil rights law, because I see the individual liberties as paramount.

Whatever you or I feel about it(State rights/individual rights/civil liberties), if the proposition passes in Ca., it will be in direct violation of Federal law, it may be the very issue that could one day make it to the S.C. and render a decision concerning the 9th and 10th Amendments:cool:

Weird that.

Completely false, most libs want a federal law preventing states from making pot illegal.

True story

So are you in support of the State of California nullifying Federal law and legalizing marijuana?

Why don't you learn to read, and maybe do some research before you start letting your cake hole throw up your drivel. I and many other conservatives on this site posted long before this thread came around that we believe it should be a state level decision.

True story

Why don't you learn to read, and maybe do some research before you start letting your cake hole throw up your drivel. I and many other conservatives on this site posted long before this thread came around that we believe it should be a state level decision.

No need to be an ass hole when someone is merely asking a question. If you are for it being a State Right issue, that is all that you needed to state, I just recently started back posting here, didn't know your position..

BTW, I'm an "old right" conservative.

Last edited:
Jaywalking is to blame for increased pedestrian traffic violations.

You are a stupid fuck.

Perhaps, but why not show the difference between the posit in the OP and my claim? Is there a fundamental difference to claiming that increased smoking of the evil weed is the cause of increased illegal drug use and stating that the obvious that jaywalking is to blame for increased pedestrian traffic violations?

First show evidence that jaywalking is to blame for increased pedestrian traffic violations on a scale akin to the government report about the use of marijuana.

You are a stupid fuck.

Perhaps, but why not show the difference between the posit in the OP and my claim? Is there a fundamental difference to claiming that increased smoking of the evil weed is the cause of increased illegal drug use and stating that the obvious that jaywalking is to blame for increased pedestrian traffic violations?

First show evidence that jaywalking is to blame for increased pedestrian traffic violations on a scale akin to the government report about the use of marijuana.

Increases in jaywalking are directly tied to increases in marijuana use

Increases in jaywalking are directly tied to increases in marijuana use

Spoken like a typical troll.

lonestar GED I have and MBA and prob make twice what you do. Smoke through grad school while achieving a 3.88 GPA. The founding fathers grew and smoked pot. You don't read much so you likely don't know that. The laws are racist, you probably like that part of it.

lonestar GED I have and MBA and prob make twice what you do. Smoke through grad school while achieving a 3.88 GPA. The founding fathers grew and smoked pot. You don't read much so you likely don't know that. The laws are racist, you probably like that part of it.

The only thing you have is vivid imagination.

Prove your claim.

I have seen evidence that the founding fathers GREW hemp (which isn't real pot...right?)
I have seen NO REAL EVIDENCE that they SMOKED pot....

though I have read OPINIONS that claimed our founding fathers were smoking it when they were gathered together discussing the revolution....

I have, however, seen one reference to lincoln saying that he liked nothing better than sitting on his porch smoking pot....

12 Presidents Who Allegedly Smoked Weed | Politics

12 Presidents Who Allegedly Smoked Weed

George Washington (read: his slaves) grew hemp on his farm. Some people believe he used marijuana to help his chronic tooth aches. He also supposedly preferred his hemp pipe over alcohol and loved how it smelled.

Thomas Jefferson (read: his slaves) also grew hemp. He drafted the Declaration of Independence on hemp paper. And he supposedly hated smoking tobacco. “Some of my finest hours have been spent on the back of my veranda, smoking hemp and observing as far as the eye can see.” is something Jefferson supposedly said in 1781, according to the Internet. One source even said that Washington and Jefferson exchanged smoking blends as personal gifts.

Monroe began smoking weed as an Ambassador to France and continued smoking it until he was 73. Or so the story goes.

Jackson was a military man who supposedly smoked with his troops.

“Two of my favorite things are sitting on my front porch smoking a pipe of sweet hemp, and playing my Hohner harmonica.” – Abraham Lincoln (from a letter written by Lincoln during his presidency to the head of the Hohner Harmonica Company in Germany). That quote was listed on HuffPo, but commenters noticed they couldn’t find it anywhere reputable.

The only thing you have is vivid imagination.

Prove your claim.

LOL last week the fool claimed his son played for the 2003 LSU Tigers. When asked number and position he ran from the thread.

That bitch is still in high school, I guarantee you that.

This is good news because it shows less reliance on harder drugs

Another example of why marajuana use should be legal

Can you give us the names of people who smoke pot yet never took any other drug? They don't exist.

and yet i knew dozens of people who did all kinds of drugs first,and then settled on Pot because they felt it wasnt as bad on them .....and they were able to handle it much easier....some of them looked at it like having a beer or two after work....

Forum List

Back