Marijuana coughing

watchingfromafar

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2017
Marijuana coughing

Lung Health and Marijuana Smoke
Research shows that smoking marijuana causes chronic bronchitis and marijuana smoke has been shown to injure the cell linings of the large airways, which could explain why smoking marijuana leads to symptoms such as chronic cough, phlegm production, wheeze and acute bronchitis.Dec 17, 2020

Marijuana and Lung Health | American Lung Association

Your throat and lungs are lined with sensory nerves. They work to detect irritating substances, like smoke, in your airways.
If you inhale an irritant, the nerves send signals throughout your respiratory tract. This produces a cough reflex, which helps you get rid of the irritating substance. The goal is to protect your respiratory tract, and ultimately, your lungs.
This is what happens when you smoke cannabis. The smoke irritates your airways, causing your nerves to trigger a cough reflex. It’s a normal reaction to inhaling any kind of smoke.

Why Does Weed Make You Cough? Risks and Prevention (healthline.com)

I have no reason to doubt the above causes;

But I do not see the cause of my coughing described above.
So I have elected to add it below:
To add it to the list above.

Disclaimer:

Subject “A” described in the following is a fictitious person who coughs while inhaling a puff of pot.

Subject “A” coughs when inhaling a puff of pot.
The cause of this coughing is not described above.

I have found that the primary cause of my coughing is a result of inhaling hot smoke.

This burns the inner lining of your lung sacks.
It is the heat of the smoke and not the substance that harms you.
Having said that, I confess that I smoke a little pot several times in a week.
I have even discussed this with my personal physical.
I can only speak for my self –
As God is my witness, the effects of Marijuana on me, myself and I are peaceful, mild; my mood was calm.

In my case, the coughing was caused by the temperature of the smoke, This burning the inner lining of my lung sacks.

To alleviate this problem I hold the smoke in my mouth while breathing through my nose until the temperature becomes reasonable; then its in it goes

Do you have this problem as well-?:)-

Though to do coughing. Remember the physician placing the finger into the groin during examination then asking you to cough? Cannabis antagonizes androgen receptors: It effeminizes the gonads. And such big, broad shoulders, too!

Forum List

Back