Marco Rubio votes "NO" on Violence Against Women Act

omg...
too friggen funny..most people probably didn't even hear of this bill

Democrats will remind them of it...
Of course they will.....and clear thinking people will think,..... "pfffffffft, who cares, where's the fucking jobs, and why am I having so much trouble paying the bills after all these years of Obama's presidency?"

Because it will take at least until 2018 to fix what Bush broke. Don't worry.....Billary can handle it. It's an incredible two-fer.

Regards from Rosie

Democrats will remind them of it...
Of course they will.....and clear thinking people will think,..... "pfffffffft, who cares, where's the fucking jobs, and why am I having so much trouble paying the bills after all these years of Obama's presidency?"

Because it will take at least until 2018 to fix what Bush broke. Don't worry.....Billary can handle it. It's an incredible two-fer.

Regards from Rosie

Remain stupid and we will never get this economy fixed.

Regards from Rosie

Eight years of stupid of yours broke it.

Regards from Rosie

NEVER vote for a republican from Florida. They are all scum.

if you support obama your opinion on scummy politicians is irrelevant. Clean up your house first before you talk about seeing a dust bunny under someones couch

Obama was never a good choice.

But he has made progress before and he was way better than Rmoney.

With that said, NEVER VOTE FOR A REPUBLICAN FROM FLORIDA!
They will all screw you over. And they just got done shutting down another 3 schools after parents (republican, middle-higher class mind you not) fought tooth and nail to keep them open for months.

Regards from Rosie

Eight years of stupid of yours broke it.

Regards from Rosie
Yeah....the loony left, beginning with William Jethro, and their "everybody should own a home, whether they can afford it or not" mantra, wasn't the catalyst for economic collapse.

Get the fuck outta here.

I'm sure women can't wait to vote for President Rubio...

Republicans look at him as the solution to their Hispanic problem. "Look....we got a Cuban guy!"

Their response to immigration reform will bury them for a generation......as will the Tom Tancredos, Joe Arpaios and Jan Brewers

Hell. Women file domestic petition all the time. Within a week the guys back in the house until he beats the shit out of her one more time. Ooops. Another domestic petition in the works. Revolving, never ending.

Ask folks in LE. They can tell you all about those lovely, time consuming, domestic violence petitions. They only work when the women really wants the guy gone. Otherwise bs all the way.

War on women?? Not hardly. More like war on idiots.

Last edited:
Hell. Women file domestic petition all the time. Within a week the guys back in the house until he beats the shit out of her one more time. Ooops. Another domestic petition in the works. Revolving, never ending.

Ask folks in LE. They can tell you all about those lovely, time consuming, domestic violence petitions. They only work when the women really wants the guy gone. Otherwise bs all the way.

That happens sometimes.

I used to know someone who was co-chair of the governor (of ny's) committee on domestic violence. she used to say that the proper question was NOT "why don't they leave", it was "how do they get the strength TO leave". and she used to say, even making small changes in our lives is difficult, whether it's losing weight, quitting smoking or even quitting nail-biting.... so imagine what it's like to change your entire life... particuarly when your financial well-being is tied up with another person. plus, abusers aren't ALWAYS abusive. They do their abuse thing... then become incredibly apologetic... flowers, gifts, love and affection...... and they promise 'it will never happen again'.

not to mention the fact that part of the abusers' modus operendi is isolating the woman from friends/family to go to... .

and all of which has zip, zilch, nada to do with why a piece of garbage would vote against the VAWA.

of course, you can always continue to remain ignorant.

That happens sometimes.

I used to know someone who was co-chair of the governor (of ny's) committee on domestic violence. she used to say that the proper question was NOT "why don't they leave", it was "how do they get the strength TO leave". and she used to say, even making small changes in our lives is difficult, whether it's losing weight, quitting smoking or even quitting nail-biting.... so imagine what it's like to change your entire life... particuarly when your financial well-being is tied up with another person. plus, abusers aren't ALWAYS abusive. They do their abuse thing... then become incredibly apologetic... flowers, gifts, love and affection...... and they promise 'it will never happen again'.

not to mention the fact that part of the abusers' modus operendi is isolating the woman from friends/family to go to... .

and all of which has zip, zilch, nada to do with why a piece of garbage would vote against the VAWA.

of course, you can always continue to remain ignorant.

Remain ignorant. Not hardly. I've seem em. I've had judges who have signed umpteen domestic petitions for a woman against the same man. The man who beats the shit out of her. She would rather take the beating then take care of herself.

You site reasons why this happens and why they keep going back. Bullshit. There is no good reason to keep being abused. Unlike you I have very little sympathy for some dumb woman who would rather keep being beaten then get the hell out.

Last edited:
[/QUOTE]

There is no good reason to keep being abused. Unlike you I have very little sympathy for some dumb woman who would rather keep being beaten then get the hell out
.[/QUOTE]

Do you really think an abused woman would rather take a beating then leave?

Why would you not have sympathy for a woman who has been beaten ?

Have you done research on why women don't leave and the statistics of women who do leave?

“The overwhelming majority of domestic violence happens when someone tries to leave, is getting an order of protection, or filing for divorce — somehow resisting his control,” noted Ellen Reed, executive director of Lydia’s House, a shelter for abused women. “I can’t tell you how many times I’ve had a woman say, ‘I can’t get an order of protection, he’ll kill me’.”

Let’s go over that again. The “overwhelming majority” of domestic violence happens not when the abused party is cowing before the abuser, but when the abused somehow resists the control of the abuser. Abused people figure this out quickly, instinctively: fighting back makes it worse. Standing up for yourself makes it worse. Connecting with family and friends who might help you triggers the abuser to make it impossible, or at least terrifying, for you to see those people further. If you pack a bag so you can dash out during the night, make damn sure he doesn’t find it first, or you might pay with your life.

When leaving is lethal: Recent murders show separation can be dangerous when partner is abusive

When leaving is lethal | ShareInc Domestic Violence News

I really don't care what her reasons are. Any woman that will hang around while some guy beats her and abuses her is an idiot.

Pack your shit and go. There are loads of shelters out there for battered woman. Leave.

I really don't care what her reasons are. Any woman that will hang around while some guy beats her and abuses her is an idiot.

Pack your shit and go. There are loads of shelters out there for battered woman. Leave.

So you don't care that research shows that women do leave their abuser the risk often ends with their life being taken?

National studies estimate that 3 to 4 million women are beaten each year in our country. A study conducted in 1995 found that 31% of women surveyed admitted to having been physically assaulted by a husband or boyfriend. Domestic violence is the leading cause of injury to women between the ages of 15 and 44 in our country, and the FBI estimates that a woman is beaten every 15 seconds. Thirty percent of female homicide victims are killed by partners or ex-partners and 1,500 women are murdered as a result of domestic violence each year in the United States.

Victim provocation is no more common in domestic violence than in any other crime. Battered women often make repeated attempts to leave violent relationships, but are prevented from doing so by increased violence and control tactics on the part of the abuser. Other factors which inhibit a victim's ability to leave include economic dependence, few viable options for housing and support, unhelpful responses from the criminal justice system or other agencies, social isolation, cultural or religious constraints, a commitment to the abuser and the relationship and fear of further violence. It has been estimated that the danger to a victim increases by 70% when she attempts to leave, as the abuser escalates his use of violence when he begins to lose control.

Domestic Violence: Myths

Nope. Can't say I give a shit.

Any woman who takes up with a guy and he abuses her and she stays is an idiot in my book.

Pack your shit and leave.

So you don't care that research shows that women do leave their abuser the risk often ends with their life being taken?

National studies estimate that 3 to 4 million women are beaten each year in our country. A study conducted in 1995 found that 31% of women surveyed admitted to having been physically assaulted by a husband or boyfriend. Domestic violence is the leading cause of injury to women between the ages of 15 and 44 in our country, and the FBI estimates that a woman is beaten every 15 seconds. Thirty percent of female homicide victims are killed by partners or ex-partners and 1,500 women are murdered as a result of domestic violence each year in the United States.

Victim provocation is no more common in domestic violence than in any other crime. Battered women often make repeated attempts to leave violent relationships, but are prevented from doing so by increased violence and control tactics on the part of the abuser. Other factors which inhibit a victim's ability to leave include economic dependence, few viable options for housing and support, unhelpful responses from the criminal justice system or other agencies, social isolation, cultural or religious constraints, a commitment to the abuser and the relationship and fear of further violence. It has been estimated that the danger to a victim increases by 70% when she attempts to leave, as the abuser escalates his use of violence when he begins to lose control.

Domestic Violence: Myths

That makes a good case for the women to arm themselves.

Forum List

Back