Marco Rubio votes "NO" on Violence Against Women Act

I really don't care what her reasons are. Any woman that will hang around while some guy beats her and abuses her is an idiot.

Pack your shit and go. There are loads of shelters out there for battered woman. Leave.

So you don't care that research shows that women do leave their abuser the risk often ends with their life being taken?

Victim provocation is no more common in domestic violence than in any other crime. Battered women often make repeated attempts to leave violent relationships, but are prevented from doing so by increased violence and control tactics on the part of the abuser. Other factors which inhibit a victim's ability to leave include economic dependence, few viable options for housing and support, unhelpful responses from the criminal justice system or other agencies, social isolation, cultural or religious constraints, a commitment to the abuser and the relationship and fear of further violence. It has been estimated that the danger to a victim increases by 70% when she attempts to leave, as the abuser escalates his use of violence when he begins to lose control.

Domestic Violence: Myths

That makes a good case for the women to arm themselves.

Sure, a legal right to defend yourself in domestic violence situations would make a good discussion.

That said, are you of the opinion that a woman being beaten is somehow deserving of it?

Hell. Women file domestic petition all the time. Within a week the guys back in the house until he beats the shit out of her one more time. Ooops. Another domestic petition in the works. Revolving, never ending.

Ask folks in LE. They can tell you all about those lovely, time consuming, domestic violence petitions. They only work when the women really wants the guy gone. Otherwise bs all the way.

War on women?? Not hardly. More like war on idiots.

That happens sometimes.

I used to know someone who was co-chair of the governor (of ny's) committee on domestic violence. she used to say that the proper question was NOT "why don't they leave", it was "how do they get the strength TO leave". and she used to say, even making small changes in our lives is difficult, whether it's losing weight, quitting smoking or even quitting nail-biting.... so imagine what it's like to change your entire life... particuarly when your financial well-being is tied up with another person. plus, abusers aren't ALWAYS abusive. They do their abuse thing... then become incredibly apologetic... flowers, gifts, love and affection...... and they promise 'it will never happen again'.

not to mention the fact that part of the abusers' modus operendi is isolating the woman from friends/family to go to... .

and all of which has zip, zilch, nada to do with why a piece of garbage would vote against the VAWA.

of course, you can always continue to remain ignorant.

If women are so damned weak emotionally and physically that they can't take care of themselves with an abusive husband, boyfriend, or domestic partner and they need special laws to protect them, just how in the hell are they suppose to surive in combat units now that Obama has approved it?

I really don't care what her reasons are. Any woman that will hang around while some guy beats her and abuses her is an idiot.

Pack your shit and go. There are loads of shelters out there for battered woman. Leave.

do you know what conditions are in battered women's shelters?

and would you want to bring your children there?

and end up impoverished because you can't go to work... so can't get an apartment... and have no credit rating... so can't get an apartment...

are you really this vapid?

Hell. Women file domestic petition all the time. Within a week the guys back in the house until he beats the shit out of her one more time. Ooops. Another domestic petition in the works. Revolving, never ending.

Ask folks in LE. They can tell you all about those lovely, time consuming, domestic violence petitions. They only work when the women really wants the guy gone. Otherwise bs all the way.

War on women?? Not hardly. More like war on idiots.

That happens sometimes.

I used to know someone who was co-chair of the governor (of ny's) committee on domestic violence. she used to say that the proper question was NOT "why don't they leave", it was "how do they get the strength TO leave". and she used to say, even making small changes in our lives is difficult, whether it's losing weight, quitting smoking or even quitting nail-biting.... so imagine what it's like to change your entire life... particuarly when your financial well-being is tied up with another person. plus, abusers aren't ALWAYS abusive. They do their abuse thing... then become incredibly apologetic... flowers, gifts, love and affection...... and they promise 'it will never happen again'.

not to mention the fact that part of the abusers' modus operendi is isolating the woman from friends/family to go to... .

and all of which has zip, zilch, nada to do with why a piece of garbage would vote against the VAWA.

If women are so damned weak emotionally and physically that they can't take care of themselves with an abusive husband, boyfriend, or domestic partner and they need special laws to protect them, just how in the hell are they suppose to surive in combat units now that Obama has approved it?

you aren't very bright.

but this is exactly why the GOP is woman repellant.

good luck with that.

do you know what conditions are in battered women's shelters?

and would you want to bring your children there?

and end up impoverished because you can't go to work... so can't get an apartment... and have no credit rating... so can't get an apartment...

are you really this vapid?

re-victimizing the victim is common among those who are unfamiliar witht he dynamics. I pray for her sake that she remains clueless.

That happens sometimes.

you aren't very bright.

good luck with that.

In other words you can't answer that without looking like a hypocrite, so you respond with a personal attack.

Sure, a legal right to defend yourself in domestic violence situations would make a good discussion.

That said, are you of the opinion that a woman being beaten is somehow deserving of it?

women who kill their batterers go to jail because, generally, their lives aren't endangered at the moment of attack.... so there is no right to use deadly force.

and proving battered women's syndrome is very difficult.

and do you really think someone who is being abused and controlled has the wherewithal to get a gun?

she doesn't. not financially and not emotionally.

you aren't very bright.

good luck with that.

In other words you can't answer that without looking like a hypocrite, so you respond with a personal attack.

no. it's because i ALREADY answered.

and because you're really not very bright.

and if you don't understand that being battered weakens a person, that's on you.

you aren't very bright.

good luck with that.

We can't educate you on the dynamics of domestic violence in a paragraph or two. If you are really interested, let me know. I can send you some links to look at.

Blaming the victims .... well, that's part of the problem. Not part of the solution.

you aren't very bright.

good luck with that.

We can't educate you on the dynamics of domestic violence in a paragraph or two. If you are really interested, let me know. I can send you some links to look at.

Blaming the victims .... well, that's part of the problem. Not part of the solution.

You don't have to educate me in domestic violence.

I grew up with it.

And as I asked before and you and yours are refusing to answer... If women are so weak, both emotionally and physically that they can not handle domestic violence, just how are they supposed to handle the violence that is going to come with being in a Combat Unit?

BTW, You are a liar. I am not blaming the victims of violence. Never did. Never will.

I grew up with it.

And as I asked before and you and yours are refusing to answer... If women are so weak, both emotionally and physically that they can not handle domestic violence, just how are they supposed to handle the violence that is going to come with being in a Combat Unit?

BTW, You are a liar. I am not blaming the victims of violence. Never did. Never will.

I appreciatre your repentance. Thank you.

I grew up with it.

I appreciatre your repentance. Thank you.

What the hell are you talking about?

Repentance??? Where?

I am still asking the question that neither you or Jillian or any other Liberal here has answered, and most likely won't.

women who kill their batterers go to jail because, generally, their lives aren't endangered at the moment of attack.... so there is no right to use deadly force.

and proving battered women's syndrome is very difficult.

and do you really think someone who is being abused and controlled has the wherewithal to get a gun?

she doesn't. not financially and not emotionally.

I didn't whether I was for or against the idea of it, I state "sure, it would make for a good discussion" but it is not really the topic of this thread :cool:

By Jennifer Bendery

WASHINGTON -- After hanging in limbo for nearly a year and a half, legislation to reauthorize the Violence Against Women Act appears on track to hit the president's desk and become law.

House Republican leaders signaled Tuesday night that they are ready to let their VAWA bill die and clear the way for a broader, bipartisan Senate bill. The Senate legislation includes new protections missing from the House bill for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender (LGBT), Native American and immigrant victims of domestic violence.

More: Violence Against Women Act: House Republican Leaders Clear Path For Bipartisan Senate Bill

Same old Huffing propaganda. Ordinary procedure regarding complicated issues is translated as "set to cave". Ho hum.

Many right wingers including Rubio, Paul and McConnell were against it and got slammed (rightly so) for being opposed.

Forum List

Back