Marco Rubio Just Gave a Really Important Speech — But Almost No One Paid Attention

It was quite a good speech, and it is about what is fundamentally wrong with the United States. You see examples of it on these boards.
Do you think Americans will change, or will the country continue to go downhill?[/QUOTE]

I think it will get a little worse, then a lot better. Apologies for correcting your typo.

But his words are meaningless if the House Republicans refuse to silence the most offensive politician ever to hold office in the United States, let alone be elected president.

Then you don't want civility.

If civility means caving in to some poor losers then no; I would prefer to see smug indignation. However, there may be a few Democrats who still have some Working Class values. Trump could sure use a few of those to help out and get the working class off Welfare and into good jobs.

Greg
Are you really blaming this whole problem on the Democrats?

the way to win is to relentlessly vilify the other side so that your people are mad enough at the other side to turn out to vote.

Are you trying to justify the Democrats BS by sharing blame with the Republicans? The Democrats, right now, needs that vilification in order to try to make a comeback without having to focus on changing their policy. It's not energizing their base. It's a jacked up attempt to maintain what they had before and continue to pretend they are the good guys.

Over 50% of the population is neither Democrats nor Republicans. We have already seen both sides do it. That isn't really relevant.

btw,

Most everyone I know gave Obama a chance, a honeymoon, I don't recall much visceral hate toward Obama like we're experiencing toward Trump, disappointment for sure.

... and I've never seen so many wanting America (and our President) to fail.... :disbelief:
I hated him. Then again I read his autobiography. That his sheep called fake.

The Dreams From My Father...

You ever read that? Anyone that read that, would understand exactly why he ran up the debt, created BLM, why he sent back the Churchill bust. ...

Oh, but it was fake. Right.

"Despite President Obama’s many efforts to reach across party lines".

"Republicans can come along for the ride but they gotta sit in the back" yeah that quote really showed how much Obama really wanted bipartician cooperation on all things. In fact I'm not hesitant in saying it set the tone for his entire 8 years in office.

But his words are meaningless if the House Republicans refuse to silence the most offensive politician ever to hold office in the United States, let alone be elected president.

If civility means caving in to some poor losers then no; I would prefer to see smug indignation. However, there may be a few Democrats who still have some Working Class values. Trump could sure use a few of those to help out and get the working class off Welfare and into good jobs.

Greg

the way to win is to relentlessly vilify the other side so that your people are mad enough at the other side to turn out to vote.

Are you trying to justify the Democrats BS by sharing blame with the Republicans? The Democrats, right now, needs that vilification in order to try to make a comeback without having to focus on changing their policy. It's not energizing their base. It's a jacked up attempt to maintain what they had before and continue to pretend they are the good guys.

Over 50% of the population is neither Democrats nor Republicans. We have already seen both sides do it. That isn't really relevant.
Yes. Both sides are to blame. You should listen to Rubio's speech.

Last edited:
Marco Rubio gave a speech from the the Senate floor, which he, or some other Republican, should have given eight years ago, immediately after McConnell stated “My number one priority is making sure president Obama’s a one-term president.”

Despite President Obama’s many efforts to reach across party lines, congressional Republicans stood fast in their opposition to everything Mr. Obama proposed, regardless of the damage it caused average citizens.

Rubio’s speech comes after a presidential campaign where the GOP’s eventual nominee lowered the bar of decency to a point few would have believed possible during the 2012 presidential race. This is after the first four years of disrespect the congressional Republicans showed a sitting President.

“Rubio's speech was a plea for civility in the Senate, a warning that if civilized debate dies in the Senate, it will die in the broader society too.”

Rubio’s entire speech can be heard at the link below. But, given the years the Republicans have ignored the wishes of the majority, Rubio’s words will fall on deaf ears.

Marco Rubio just gave a really important speech — but almost no one paid attention

Marco Rube-io, if he hasn't learned yet that there is no civility on the left to work with, then he is just a tiny man.

btw,

Most everyone I know gave Obama a chance, a honeymoon, I don't recall much visceral hate toward Obama like we're experiencing toward Trump, disappointment for sure.

... and I've never seen so many wanting America (and our President) to fail.... :disbelief:
I hated him. Then again I read his autobiography. That his sheep called fake.

The Dreams From My Father...

You ever read that? Anyone that read that, would understand exactly why he ran up the debt, created BLM, why he sent back the Churchill bust. ...

Oh, but it was fake. Right.

I didn't read it ... I don't like to suffer unnecessarily.

but .. I'll take your word for it...

Greg

Yes.

Well, that is unfortunate. The Democrats can continue to become irrelevant.

[/QUOTE]
Too bad..

after all, you can't have you cake, and eat it too.

(btw, welcome to the bored)[/QUOTE]

Thank you and I don't eat it. Hopefully someone comes over I can give it to.

But I did just remember I have some Pecan pie.

[/QUOTE]

Like our politicians care about what is appropriate or not...[/QUOTE]

There needs to be a certain standard of conduct when on the floor of the Senate.

Senators need to worry about their states, the nation and Constitution and leave the trolling to me.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back