Marco Rubio Just Gave a Really Important Speech — But Almost No One Paid Attention

Who is Marco Rubio?

A Cuban-American Senator from Florida, he was one of the Republican primary candidates.

I'm still not convinced he isn't bought and paid for by the establishment.

He pushed forth a bill for amnesty for illegals a few years back.

Like our politicians care about what is appropriate or not...[/QUOTE]

There needs to be a certain standard of conduct when on the floor of the Senate.

Senators need to worry about their states, the nation and Constitution and leave the trolling to me.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, and if the world was made of jello and every woman look like Vikander then the world would be perfect to me...

Seeing that is not the case mean your wish they leave trolling to those like us will never happen either and for them to care about the electorate, the constitution and America is highly unlikely...

I know stop pissing on your wishes and dreams...

Like our politicians care about what is appropriate or not...

There needs to be a certain standard of conduct when on the floor of the Senate.

Senators need to worry about their states, the nation and Constitution and leave the trolling to me.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, and if the world was made of jello and every woman look like Vikander then the world would be perfect to me...

Seeing that is not the case mean your wish they leave trolling to those like us will never happen either and for them to care about the electorate, the constitution and America is highly unlikely...

I know stop pissing on your wishes and dreams...[/QUOTE]

images (91).jpg

Sheesh, wants going on with these posts.. the reply function is .... :tongue-44:

Too bad..

after all, you can't have you cake, and eat it too.

(btw, welcome to the bored)[/QUOTE]

Thank you and I don't eat it. Hopefully someone comes over I can give it to.

But I did just remember I have some Pecan pie.[/QUOTE]

------------------------

Yup, pie is far better and pecan pie and coffee... Oh Yeah ...life is good... :smile:

Marco Rubio gave a speech from the the Senate floor, which he, or some other Republican, should have given eight years ago, immediately after McConnell stated “My number one priority is making sure president Obama’s a one-term president.”

Despite President Obama’s many efforts to reach across party lines, congressional Republicans stood fast in their opposition to everything Mr. Obama proposed, regardless of the damage it caused average citizens.

Rubio’s speech comes after a presidential campaign where the GOP’s eventual nominee lowered the bar of decency to a point few would have believed possible during the 2012 presidential race. This is after the first four years of disrespect the congressional Republicans showed a sitting President.

“Rubio's speech was a plea for civility in the Senate, a warning that if civilized debate dies in the Senate, it will die in the broader society too.”

But his words are meaningless if the House Republicans refuse to silence the most offensive politician ever to hold office in the United States, let alone be elected president.

Rubio’s entire speech can be heard at the link below. But, given the years the Republicans have ignored the wishes of the majority, Rubio’s words will fall on deaf ears.

Marco Rubio just gave a really important speech — but almost no one paid attention

Rubio is certainly right.

And both ends of the spectrum should pay attention.

Instead, they'll just point the finger at the other, like children in a schoolyard.
It was quite a good speech, and it is about what is fundamentally wrong with the United States. You see examples of it on these boards.
Do you think Americans will change, or will the country continue to to downhill?
Something will have to happen for Americans to change, and I don't mean a terrorist attack. This is cultural now, it pollutes everything.

I don't have an answer.

Marco Rubio gave a speech from the the Senate floor, which he, or some other Republican, should have given eight years ago, immediately after McConnell stated “My number one priority is making sure president Obama’s a one-term president.”

Despite President Obama’s many efforts to reach across party lines, congressional Republicans stood fast in their opposition to everything Mr. Obama proposed, regardless of the damage it caused average citizens.

Rubio’s speech comes after a presidential campaign where the GOP’s eventual nominee lowered the bar of decency to a point few would have believed possible during the 2012 presidential race. This is after the first four years of disrespect the congressional Republicans showed a sitting President.

“Rubio's speech was a plea for civility in the Senate, a warning that if civilized debate dies in the Senate, it will die in the broader society too.”

But his words are meaningless if the House Republicans refuse to silence the most offensive politician ever to hold office in the United States, let alone be elected president.

Rubio’s entire speech can be heard at the link below. But, given the years the Republicans have ignored the wishes of the majority, Rubio’s words will fall on deaf ears.

Marco Rubio just gave a really important speech — but almost no one paid attention

Instead, they'll just point the finger at the other, like children in a schoolyard.
It was quite a good speech, and it is about what is fundamentally wrong with the United States. You see examples of it on these boards.
Do you think Americans will change, or will the country continue to to downhill?
Something will have to happen for Americans to change, and I don't mean a terrorist attack. This is cultural now, it pollutes everything.

I don't have an answer.

Things will come around in about 18 mos or so. Nice Spinal Tap avatar! :2up:

Obama has no relation to reality, he was a fuck up and he forced his shit on people that wanted nothing to do with it.

I might have voted for that young man if things had been different. It won't hurt him to get a little more experience though.

I might have voted for that young man if things had been different. It won't hurt him to get a little more experience though.
I might have voted for him against Hillary, but it does not matter.

I don't have an answer.
I have no answer either, but I am not optimistic.

Forum List

Back