Marco Rubio is a Drooling Idiot for Claiming Trumps Emergency is Unconstitutional

Now Dimocrats have been making the same claim, but that is just Dimocrat rhetorical style, when the facts get in your way just lie. But Rubio is the same party as Trump, technically anyway, and he has no incentive to challenge Trump on this other than one; he genuinely thinks Trump is violating the Constitution.

Here’s why Trump’s move to declare a state of emergency is unconstitutional

“This is the first time a president has tried to declare an emergency when Congress explicitly rejected funding for the particular project that the president is advocating,” Schiff, who chairs the House Intelligence, said on CNN’s State of the Union.

“And in saying just the other day that he didn’t really need to do this — he just wanted to do it because it would help things go faster — he’s pretty much daring the court to strike this down. So it’s hard to imagine a poorer case.”

Schiff said he sees this moment as a test for Republicans in Congress and whether they will stand up to Trump and deny him the ability to circumvent the legislative branch’s power....

“The [risk] is that we limit the president’s power to act when it really is necessary, when it is not practical to bring the Congress into session on a moment’s notice. But this president doesn’t care about future presidents. He only cares about himself. And in this case, he only cares about placating his conservative critics.”

Trump officially declared a state of emergency Friday, infuriating members of Congress from both parties. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) described it as an “end run around Congress,” while Republicans have raised red flags about the precedent Trump’s decision might set.

“We have a crisis at our southern border, but no crisis justifies violating the Constitution,” Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL) said last week, ahead of the declaration, which had been expected for weeks.

“Today’s national emergency is border security. But a future president may use this exact same tactic to impose the Green New Deal,” Rubio said.​

This is just stupid. There is no violation of the Constitution as the law authorizing this emergency declarastion is like 40+ years old. Congress can pass a resolution to end it, but the President can veto it. Then Congress would have to have a veto proof majority to make their will stick.

Why would a majority of Republicans in the Senate pull the rug out from under the President of their own party to put in place something that their party really needs, the country really needs and would help save literally thousands of American lives each year?

If it were simple Kuch corruption then I could understand it, but the Kuch brothers always manage to get their way through riders and that sort of thing. They dont need a wall or a lack of wall. They own the Congresscritters in the GOP.

So why would Rubiooo throw himself on his own sword and likely get primaried? OR defeated in the general because Republicans wont turn out for him at the polls in a purple state like Floriduh so he can win?

There is only one answer; the man is as stupid as a CNN reporter.
Why would a majority of Republicans in the Senate pull the rug out from under the President of their own party
Because they're right and the President is wrong.

Silly OldLady....
There are plenty anti Trumpers that are republicans.
I cant believe you dont know this.
I don't know what makes you think I didn't know that.
If YOU are basing the Republicans' reaction on a knee jerk anti-Trump reaction, you're sadly mistaken this time. The President is violating the checks and balances built into our government as safeguards against a leader who will not abide by the rules.
Trump is wrong. The Republicans saying so are right for once.

You're just parroting what your masters are telling you.

If anyone is parroting anyone it is you. You are totally incapable of thinking for yourself.

Nah...
I dont rely on politicians to tell me anything,I research the issues on my own.

And in saying just the other day that he didn’t really need to do this — he just wanted to do it because it would help things go faster — he’s pretty much daring the court to strike this down. So it’s hard to imagine a poorer case.”
Who in their right mind would let an emergency state of being linger on when it can be dealt with immediately by declaring a state of emergency? That's sort of the entire point of an emergency...something that needs to be addressed immediately.
How stupid and disingenuous is Adam Schiff?

That's rhetorical...he's very stupid and disingenuous!
Immediately?
illegal immigration has been declining for 15 years

The numbers are still extremely high,even CNN admits that.

Border apprehensions jump 84 percent, 606,000 expected this year

Family apprehensions at southern border hit record monthly high - CNNPolitics

Migrant family apprehensions along the border continue to rise in November

Record number of families arrested at southern border in December

Note the dates and numbers of apprehensions.

They're up from last year.

The reason for this is the drug cartels in Central America. That is where the crisis is. We need to put as much priority on making it hard for them to move their money around as we do on terrorist money. I would not rule out drone strikes.

Why would a majority of Republicans in the Senate pull the rug out from under the President of their own party

Silly OldLady....
If YOU are basing the Republicans' reaction on a knee jerk anti-Trump reaction, you're sadly mistaken this time. The President is violating the checks and balances built into our government as safeguards against a leader who will not abide by the rules.

If anyone is parroting anyone it is you. You are totally incapable of thinking for yourself.

Nah...

The fact is that a majority of Americans have looked at the facts and come to a different conclusion. Listening to what Trump says is not research.

And in saying just the other day that he didn’t really need to do this — he just wanted to do it because it would help things go faster — he’s pretty much daring the court to strike this down. So it’s hard to imagine a poorer case.”
Who in their right mind would let an emergency state of being linger on when it can be dealt with immediately by declaring a state of emergency? That's sort of the entire point of an emergency...something that needs to be addressed immediately.

Immediately?
illegal immigration has been declining for 15 years

The numbers are still extremely high,even CNN admits that.

Border apprehensions jump 84 percent, 606,000 expected this year

Family apprehensions at southern border hit record monthly high - CNNPolitics

Migrant family apprehensions along the border continue to rise in November

Record number of families arrested at southern border in December

Note the dates and numbers of apprehensions.

They're up from last year.

The reason for this is the drug cartels in Central America. That is where the crisis is. We need to put as much priority on making it hard for them to move their money around as we do on terrorist money. I would not rule out drone strikes.

Not opposed to drone strikes on cartels.
Of course mehico would have a shit fit as well as dems here in the US.

Silly OldLady....

Nah...

The fact is that a majority of Americans have looked at the facts and come to a different conclusion. Listening to what Trump says is not research.

Wow!!!
Where did I say I take Trumps word on anything?

There is no emergency at the border. A emergency declaration would only be legal if Congress was unable to function or does not have time to function. A national emergency is not Congress refusing to fund a President's wish list.

Time's up to secure the border.
Congress has had since 1986.
Time's up!

Emergency! Get it done! The US needs a secure border.

Congress promised to in exchange for Reagan granting 3 million illegals amnesty.

They never did their job on that.

Fail.

Meanwhile, Americans need border security, of which Trump is in charge of.

He could call out the Army Corps of Engineers to build it.

True story.

Now Dimocrats have been making the same claim, but that is just Dimocrat rhetorical style, when the facts get in your way just lie. But Rubio is the same party as Trump, technically anyway, and he has no incentive to challenge Trump on this other than one; he genuinely thinks Trump is violating the Constitution.

“This is the first time a president has tried to declare an emergency when Congress explicitly rejected funding for the particular project that the president is advocating,” Schiff, who chairs the House Intelligence, said on CNN’s State of the Union.

“And in saying just the other day that he didn’t really need to do this — he just wanted to do it because it would help things go faster — he’s pretty much daring the court to strike this down. So it’s hard to imagine a poorer case.”

Schiff said he sees this moment as a test for Republicans in Congress and whether they will stand up to Trump and deny him the ability to circumvent the legislative branch’s power....

“The [risk] is that we limit the president’s power to act when it really is necessary, when it is not practical to bring the Congress into session on a moment’s notice. But this president doesn’t care about future presidents. He only cares about himself. And in this case, he only cares about placating his conservative critics.”

Trump officially declared a state of emergency Friday, infuriating members of Congress from both parties. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) described it as an “end run around Congress,” while Republicans have raised red flags about the precedent Trump’s decision might set.

“We have a crisis at our southern border, but no crisis justifies violating the Constitution,” Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL) said last week, ahead of the declaration, which had been expected for weeks.

“Today’s national emergency is border security. But a future president may use this exact same tactic to impose the Green New Deal,” Rubio said.​

This is just stupid. There is no violation of the Constitution as the law authorizing this emergency declarastion is like 40+ years old. Congress can pass a resolution to end it, but the President can veto it. Then Congress would have to have a veto proof majority to make their will stick.

Why would a majority of Republicans in the Senate pull the rug out from under the President of their own party to put in place something that their party really needs, the country really needs and would help save literally thousands of American lives each year?

If it were simple Kuch corruption then I could understand it, but the Kuch brothers always manage to get their way through riders and that sort of thing. They dont need a wall or a lack of wall. They own the Congresscritters in the GOP.

So why would Rubiooo throw himself on his own sword and likely get primaried? OR defeated in the general because Republicans wont turn out for him at the polls in a purple state like Floriduh so he can win?

Little Marco. From tea party darling to establishment hack. Washington does strange shit to folks.

The tea party is corrupt. It went from a non-partisan organization concerned about the deficit to partisan hacks. We need a tea-party to defeat the corrupt tea party.

President Trump was elected for the very reason of building a Wall by the People. That is Constitutional enough.

That is untrue. The fact is that a majority of voters opposed the wall but immigration was not a major voting issue. If it had been, Trump would have lost. Trump made illegal immigration a major issue in the midterms and lost the House.

Little Marco. From tea party darling to establishment hack. Washington does strange shit to folks.

The tea party is corrupt. It went from a non-partisan organization concerned about the deficit to partisan hacks. We need a tea-party to defeat the corrupt tea party.

What kind of politician is Rubio now? What's his current office?

“We have a crisis at our southern border, but no crisis justifies violating the Constitution,” Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL) said last week, ahead of the declaration, which had been expected for weeks.​

This is just stupid. There is no violation of the Constitution as the law authorizing this emergency declarastion is like 40+ years old.

Take a look at the above. And again.

"There is no violation of the Constitution as the law authorizing this emergency declarastion is like 40+ years old."

"There is no violation of the Constitution as the law authorizing this emergency declarastion is like 40+ years old."

Trump is perfectly within his rights to declare an emergency. He is not within his right to circumvent the power of the purse - that would be the violation of the Constitution - contrary to, and overturning, the express will of Congress.

Now, I wouldn't exactly bet the farm on Rubio's respect for the Constitution, but he sure knows that Congress has not just a right, but an obligation to defend its Congressional power, because without that the Republic, separation of powers, checks and balances and all, would not survive.

Calling others, or what they say, "stupid" is a thing best used with utmost caution, because at times, if you get it wrong, you yourself look like an idiot.

With allllllllllllllll that "Congressional power" , They still have not secured the border since they promised to in 1986.

Time's up, baby! They failed. What are they useful for again? Partying off of taxpayer money?

I say it's time to get it done, because apparently Congress with all their "Powerrrr" doesn't know what the fuck they're doing.

Trump is the one who has no clue what he is doing. You are being conned and you are too stupid to realize it.

It will be to their loss of a seat if they vote against. Our President. Don't make the mistake like he can't be elected again. President Trump is the man we have been needing to run this country as it was intended.

He is not OUR President. He is the invader in the White House. The Democrats need only 5 electoral votes to win. He is the man if you are a white supremacist or neo-Nazi.

Seriously. Congress looks like assclowns these days. They are there to party off of your money. If that's cool with you? Okay, you're a dumbass.

Wake up and make Congress accountable for their word, people!

According to the Founding Fathers, they're supposed to be representing your best interests. Are they, or no?

Would you like your interests counted above or below illegal aliens? WTF?!

Americans held Congress accountable by giving the House to the Democrats.

Americans do not support a wall. The House is responding to the people.

There is no emergency at the border. A emergency declaration would only be legal if Congress was unable to function or does not have time to function. A national emergency is not Congress refusing to fund a President's wish list.

Time's up to secure the border.
Congress has had since 1986.
Time's up!

Emergency! Get it done! The US needs a secure border.

Congress promised to in exchange for Reagan granting 3 million illegals amnesty.

They never did their job on that.

Fail.

Meanwhile, Americans need border security, of which Trump is in charge of.

He could call out the Army Corps of Engineers to build it.

True story.

If the court issues a injunction, they cannot build it. It then becomes a illegal order and any soldier who follows it is subject to arrest.

Americans do not want a wall.

What kind of politician is Rubio now? What's his current office?

Musk rat.

Everyone who's ever lived anywhere near the border knows there's a border crisis. We now have big swaths of America where English isn't even spoken.

There are plenty of USMB members that do not know shit about the English language & they butcher it like a dandy rib eye.

So, what is the difference?

Some do not speak the language; others butcher the language.

No fvcking difference.

Some folks post dumb ass graphics void of thread specific content & that is 'acceptable.'

Who gives a shit?

Congress has refused to function for decades. Idiots like you are fed by the media.

President Trump was elected for the very reason of building a Wall by the People. That is Constitutional enough.

That is untrue. The fact is that a majority of voters opposed the wall but immigration was not a major voting issue. If it had been, Trump would have lost. Trump made illegal immigration a major issue in the midterms and lost the House.
The majority of voters not only rejected the wall, they rejected Trump.

It will be to their loss of a seat if they vote against. Our President. Don't make the mistake like he can't be elected again. President Trump is the man we have been needing to run this country as it was intended.

He is not OUR President. He is the invader in the White House. The Democrats need only 5 electoral votes to win. He is the man if you are a white supremacist or neo-Nazi.
Joy Reid taught you well.

Forum List

Back