March Madness and bracket pool

I try not to let what I want, cloud over what will happen. I think NC State has a better shot to beat Villanova. I don't care for Kentucky but reality is reality. .

Nova needs to take care of business and end the NC State scourge.

Scores thru Saturday (surviving teams in bold):

Papageorgio: 12 points

1.Kentucky +2
2. Arizona +2
3. Oklahoma +1
4. Louisville +1
5. W. Virginia +1
6. Butler +1
7. Michigan St. +1
8. NC State +2
14. Georgia St. +1

Sonny_Clark: 10 points

(1)Duke +1
(2) Arizona +2
(4) Louisville +1
(5) West Virginia +1
(8) NC State +2
(11) UCLA +2
(14) Georgia State +1

Treeshepherd: 10 points

1. Wisconsin +1
2. Gonzaga +1
3. Notre Dame +2
4. Maryland +1
5. Utah +2
7. Wichita State +1
8. Oregon +1
14. Georgia State +1

My teams survived today to keep me in it.

I'm counting on Northern Iowa to help me out in the East bracket.

I think having your top four come out of this week is a good deal, anything else is a bonus. UCLA has been a big surprise.

I think having your top four come out of this week is a good deal, anything else is a bonus. UCLA has been a big surprise.

Michigan State in the Sweet 16 is bad for Sonny and me. To keep pace, I'm going to need a big win from Wichita State or a big upset of one of Papageorgio's big 3 or something.

I'd feel much better if Louisville and W.Virginia went down in flames.

Papa g lost zero teams today. Captain Obvious would call that the ultimate formula for winning.

thru Sunday;

Papageorgio: 16 points

1.Kentucky +2
2. Arizona +2
3. Oklahoma +2
4. Louisville +2
5. W. Virginia +2
6. Butler +1
7. Michigan St. +2
8. NC State +2
14. Georgia St. +1

Sonny_Clark: 13 points

(1)Duke +2
(2) Arizona +2
(4) Louisville +2
(5) West Virginia +2
(8) NC State +2
(11) UCLA +2
(14) Georgia State +1

Treeshepherd: 13 points

1. Wisconsin +2
2. Gonzaga +2
3. Notre Dame +2
4. Maryland +1
5. Utah +2
7. Wichita State +2
8. Oregon +1
14. Georgia State +1

Next week I get four points minimum because I am playing the same against my own seeds, so I don't know how that will work for me latter, I may just end up with one in the final four, maybe two.

The Zags looked good tonight, they always have some quality teams out there.

Next week I get four points minimum because I am playing the same against my own seeds, so I don't know how that will work for me latter, I may just end up with one in the final four, maybe two.

Papageorgio, you get three points minimum in the next round with a guarantee of both winners in the East and one between Kentucky and W.Virginia. Arizona is a heavy favorite over Xavier for your fourth point.

As of today, I have six teams still alive. UCLA, ARIZONA, NC STATE, DUKE, WEST VIRGINIA, and LOUISVILLE

Sonny, it comes down to my Utah vs your Duke and my Zags vs your UCLA in the South. By some divine intervention you could potentially get 5 points in the next round with Papa getting 4. That would mean sweeping me in the South, W.Virginia knocking out Kentucky, Arizona beating Xavier and your automatic win between NC State and Louisville.

What it comes down to in the next round is that Sonny or I can potentially gain a point on Papageorgio with everything miraculously falling into place.

Papageorgio, you get three points minimum in the next round with a guarantee of both winners in the East and one between Kentucky and W.Virginia. Arizona is a heavy favorite over Xavier for your fourth point.

As of today, I have six teams still alive. UCLA, ARIZONA, NC STATE, DUKE, WEST VIRGINIA, and LOUISVILLE

Sonny, it comes down to my Utah vs your Duke and my Zags vs your UCLA in the South. By some divine intervention you could potentially get 5 points in the next round with Papa getting 4. That would mean sweeping me in the South, W.Virginia knocking out Kentucky, Arizona beating Xavier and your automatic win between NC State and Louisville.

What it comes down to in the next round is that Sonny or I can potentially gain a point on Papageorgio with everything miraculously falling into place.

I'm talking all four days I get four points minimum. I get one from Kentucky vs W.Virginia. One from Michigan St. vs Oklahoma. One from NC State vs. Louisville. One point for the winner of Michigan St./Oklahoma vs the winner of NC St/Louisville.

I'm talking all four days I get four points minimum. I get one from Kentucky vs W.Virginia. One from Michigan St. vs Oklahoma. One from NC State vs. Louisville. One point for the winner of Michigan St./Oklahoma vs the winner of NC St/Louisville.

Okay. That's too far ahead for my tiny brain to calculate.

Lol! I saw it because I was looking at a bunch of scenarios, then I realized I have all four teams in the bracket. I'd actually like to see Gonzaga make it to the final four, along with Kentucky, Arizona and Louisville.

Lol! I saw it because I was looking at a bunch of scenarios, then I realized I have all four teams in the bracket. I'd actually like to see Gonzaga make it to the final four, along with Kentucky, Arizona and Louisville.
I have Louisville to win it all on my ESPN board.

I went with Kentucky, I don't know why, just did. The love the first three rounds of the tournament. The best weekend in sports.

I went with Kentucky, I don't know why, just did. The love the first three rounds of the tournament. The best weekend in sports.
Kentucky is good, very good. But, they've had a long run, and I believe their luck will run out before the show is over. The law of averages will catch up to them. Too many good teams left to believe that Kentucky is going to escape all of them. It'll be very interesting to follow. I'm on ten boards on ESPN, and I only have one board that's doing good so far. I've missed 11 games so far out of the first 48 games. I didn't pick any games of the four that were played the two days before the round of 64 started. So far, I've picked 37 games correctly. We only have 15 more games to go. I have 9 teams that still has a chance. In the West and South brackets, all 8 of my picks are alive in the sweet 16. But, Louisville is the only one still alive in the other two brackets. It's only possible for me to win 7 more games, and that includes the championship game. The best I can do is 44 out of 63 total games. That's a possible 69.8%.

Kentucky is good, very good. But, they've had a long run, and I believe their luck will run out before the show is over.

Watching W. Virginia for the first time in the tournament, they have an insane press defense. The Harrison twins aren't known for their ball handling skills. With their size, though, they have a better chance to pass over the top. If W. Virginia can knock of Kentucky, it won't be because of luck, though. It'll be because of turnovers.

Kentucky is good, very good. But, they've had a long run, and I believe their luck will run out before the show is over.

Watching W. Virginia for the first time in the tournament, they have an insane press defense. The Harrison twins aren't known for their ball handling skills. With their size, though, they have a better chance to pass over the top. If W. Virginia can knock of Kentucky, it won't be because of luck, though. It'll be because of turnovers.
I agree.

I picked Kentucky, Wisconsin, Michigan State, and Duke to go to the Final Four. For the first time in some years, my Final Four is all there going into the Sweet Sixteen.

USMB Bracket Pool

simple; wait for Selection Sunday. Look at the bracket. 2015 NCAA Division I Men s Basketball Tournament Bracket - March Madness Bracket NCAA.com
Pick one team from each seed. Obviously, that's 16 teams that you would pick. Post them in this thread.

[For example, for your #7 seed you might have a choice between San Diego State, Witchita State, St. Johns and
Michigan State.]

You get a point for every victory. Easy.
I am too late to the party, just started today the 23rd.

But, at least respect the teams enough to spell their name right.

Here's a team that in the last few years, has won the NIT and made it to the Sweet Sixteen, Elite Eight, and more.

I'm a Shocker.

Wichita, not Witchita, but Wichita State Shockers.

Forum List

Back