March Madness and bracket pool

Treeshepherd

Wood Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 17, 2014
Endor
If the past is any indication, I will fail in this attempt to organize a USMB sports pool. I'll never quit trying, though. Details in post #2.

Regardless, Selection Sunday is the 15th, the Ides of March. Talk about it...

Who to root for? Stanford could punch a ticket by beating WU and Utah this week. Other than that, I don't see any NorCal representatives. I'll have to root for Oregon and adopt a Cinderella team. Do you have a dog in the fight, or a Cat (Villanova, Arizona)?

Can anybody beat Kentucky? Wisconsin is playing well. Virginia is huge. Duke is Duke.

If the past is any indication, I will fail in this attempt to organize a USMB sports pool. I'll never quit trying, though. Details in post #2.

Who to root for? Stanford could punch a ticket by beating WU and Utah this week. Other than that, I don't see any NorCal representatives. I'll have to root for Oregon and adopt a Cinderella team. Do you have a dog in the fight, or a Cat (Villanova, Arizona)?

Can anybody beat Kentucky? Wisconsin is playing well. Virginia is huge. Duke is Duke.
Count me in.

Count me in.

Alabama fan eh? May be the only damn thing you win in March

WOO PIG SOOEIIII

:rofl:

Count me in.

WOO PIG SOOEIIII

Alabama will probably go to the NIT, not the big dance. They play Florida at 1:00 today.

Count me in.

WOO PIG SOOEIIII

Alabama will probably go to the NIT, not the big dance. They play Florida at 1:00 today.

Been a minute since I could brag about Razorback basketball. I don't know that we're a contender this year, but we could put a hurt on someone who is.

Count me in.

WOO PIG SOOEIIII

Been a minute since I could brag about Razorback basketball. I don't know that we're a contender this year, but we could put a hurt on someone who is.
They have a damn good team this year. I wish them luck. I'll be rooting for them in the big dance. I'm for any SEC team that makes it.

Count me in.

WOO PIG SOOEIIII

They have a damn good team this year. I wish them luck. I'll be rooting for them in the big dance. I'm for any SEC team that makes it.

I am to. The further the SEC goes, the better we look

The tournament field is set.
NCAA Brackets 2015 - CBSSports.com

Let the USMB March Madness Pool begin. Details are in post #2 of this thread.
Deadline for entry is game-time Thursday morning. However, if you want a chance to earn a point or two in the play-in games, you've got to select those teams before they play on Tuesday and Wednesday.

Here are my teams. I reserve the right to edit this list before game time.

1. Wisconsin
2. Gonzaga
3. Notre Dame
4. Maryland
5. Utah
6. Providence
7. Wichita State
8. Oregon
9. St. John's
10. Davidson
11. BYU
12. Buffalo
13. UC Irvine
14. Georgia State
15. Texas Southern
16. North Florida

Here are my 16 teams as of now.

(1) Purdue
(2) West Virginia
(3) Butler
(4) Indiana
(5) Wisconsin
(6) UNC
(7) Xavier
(8) Arizona
(9) Villanova
(10) Louisville
(11) Providence
(12) Michigan
(13) Duke
(14) Georgetown
(15) UCLA
(16) Iowa

1) Purdue
(2) West Virginia
(3) Butler
(4) Indiana
(5) Wisconsin
(6) UNC
(7) Xavier
(8) Arizona
(9) Villanova
(10) Louisville
(11) Providence
(12) Michigan
(13) Duke
(14) Georgetown
(15) UCLA
(16) Iowa

You have to pick one team from each seed. So, you'll choose a single #1 seed between Duke, Kentucky, Wisconsin and Villanova. Then you choose one of the #2 seeds (Arizona, Kansas, Gonzaga and Virginia. And so on.

Why don't we just do a bracket?

I would have liked to do a whole bracket.

But, I have very little confidence in the willingness of USMBs sports fans to do anything organized, especially something that a relative newbie initiated. I made the pool as simple as possible, without having to use an outside website.

Any thoughts on the tournament? Can anyone beat Kentucky?

Why don't we just do a bracket?

I would have liked to do a whole bracket.

But, I have very little confidence in the willingness of USMBs sports fans to do anything organized, especially something that a relative newbie initiated. I made the pool as simple as possible, without having to use an outside website.

Any thoughts on the tournament? Can anyone beat Kentucky?
You didn't pick them

You didn't pick them

No, I'm wishfully thinking that Notre Dame is going to beat Kentucky.

Anyway, if we did a whole bracket someone who hasn't watched a game all year might come along and just pick the favorites in every game and probably win. With this scheme you have to make tough choices.

Forum List

Back