(10) Indiana
(11) UCLA
(12) Wofford
(13) Harvard
(14) Georgia State
(15) Belmont
(16) Costal Carolina

Why don't we just do a bracket?

I would have liked to do a whole bracket.

But, I have very little confidence in the willingness of USMBs sports fans to do anything organized, especially something that a relative newbie initiated. I made the pool as simple as possible, without having to use an outside website.

Any thoughts on the tournament? Can anyone beat Kentucky?
You didn't pick them

No, I'm wishfully thinking that Notre Dame is going to beat Kentucky.

Anyway, if we did a whole bracket someone who hasn't watched a game all year might come along and just pick the favorites in every game and probably win. With this scheme you have to make tough choices.
No difference...we are just picking the Sweet 16, right?

The simple explanation of the rules is in post #2.

Pick one team from each seed number, 1 thru 16. Pick a #1 seed (Kentucky, Villanova, Wisconsin or Duke), pick a #2 seed (Arizona, Kansas, Gonzaga or Virginia), pick a #3 seed (ND, OK, Baylor or Iowa St.), pick a #4 seed..............pick a #16 seed.

Score a point for each win your teams get in the entire tournament.

Do the games on Tuesday and Wednesday count?

Yes, but only if you get your entry in before game time.

Manhattan vs. Hampton begins tomorrow at 6:40 eastern time. If you enter after that, those teams can't be on your list.

1. Kentucky
2. Arizona
3. Oklahoma
4. Louisville
5. W. Virginia
6. Butler
7. Michigan St.
8. NC State
9. Purdue
10. Indiana
11. BYU
12. Wyoming
13. Eastern Washington
14. Georgia St.
15. Belmont
16. Manhattan

Okay, first games start tonight. Sonny Clark in case you weren't aware you have a chance to earn two points in tonight and tomorrow's play-in games. Your 11 and 16 seeds don't start until thu/fri, but of course it's possible that UCLA and Co Carolina could pick up a few wins.

Everyone else, you have until game time Thursday morning to enter, but that will be too late to choose a play-in team.

Notre Dame barely survived to give me the only point so far.

Dramatic win by UAB took out Sonny's #3 seed. Madness

Assuming that Kentucky and Georgetown win, here's the standings after Thursday

Papageorgio: 5 points (12 teams alive)

1.Kentucky +1
2. Arizona +1
3. Oklahoma
4. Louisville
5. W. Virginia
6. Butler +1
7. Michigan St.
8. NC State +1
10. Indiana
12. Wyoming
14. Georgia St. +1
15. Belmont

Sonny_Clark: 4 points (12 teams alive)

(1)Duke
(2) Arizona +1
(4) Louisville
(5) West Virginia
(6) Providence
(8) NC State +1
(9) St. John's
(10) Indiana
(11) UCLA +1
(14) Georgia State +1
(15) Belmont
(16) Costal Carolina

Treeshepherd: 3 points (13 teams alive)

1. Wisconsin
2. Gonzaga
3. Notre Dame +1
4. Maryland
5. Utah +1
6. Providence
7. Wichita State
8. Oregon
9. St. John's
10. Davidson
12. Buffalo
13. UC Irvine
14. Georgia State +1

Fortunately we can all root for Georgia State. Tons of great games today on one of my favorite days in sports.

I thought LSU would hold on, but NC State pulled out the win for both of you. Sonny suffered some carnage, but got a great win from UCLA, and UCLA's next game is against #14 UAB.

Tomorrow, you guys have Louisville playing against my UC Irvine. You both have West Virginia vs. my Buffalo. And, you both have Indiana vs. my Wichita State.

Not too many upsets today. I thought the UC Irvine Anteaters might win me a point.

I need a couple of tough wins tomorrow from Utah and Notre Dame. Go Georgia St.

Papageorgio: 9 points

1.Kentucky +1
2. Arizona +1
3. Oklahoma +1
4. Louisville +1
5. W. Virginia +1
6. Butler +1
7. Michigan St. +1
8. NC State +1
14. Georgia St. +1

Sonny_Clark: 7 points

(1)Duke +1
(2) Arizona +1
(4) Louisville +1
(5) West Virginia +1
(8) NC State +1
(11) UCLA +1
(14) Georgia State +1

Treeshepherd: 8 points

1. Wisconsin +1
2. Gonzaga +1
3. Notre Dame +1
4. Maryland +1
5. Utah +1
7. Wichita State +1
8. Oregon +1
14. Georgia State +1

hillary_march_madness_lk032.jpg

Great victory this morning for UCLA and Sonny.

The Pac-12 is 5-0 in the tournament. Some people have Arizona winning it all. Oregon looked strong yesterday. Papageorgio, how could you not pick Oregon? I thought you were a Blazers fan.

I watched Utah play a few times this year against Stanford and Cal. They play solid conservative Mormon basketball- patient half court offense and excellent defense. They wear you down. And the freshman from Austria Jakob Poeltl is starting to figure it out. I really need Utah to beat Georgetown, but the Hoyas looked pissed on Thursday (probably from all the chatter about how they always choke). Hoyas are playing with a chip on their shoulder.

Go Cincy, Go Nova, and down with Butler!

The Pac-12 is 5-0 in the tournament. Some people have Arizona winning it all. Oregon looked strong yesterday. Papageorgio, how could you not pick Oregon? I thought you were a Blazers fan.

I watched Utah play a few times this year against Stanford and Cal. They play solid conservative Mormon basketball- patient half court offense and excellent defense. They wear you down. And the freshman from Austria Jakob Poeltl is starting to figure it out. I really need Utah to beat Georgetown, but the Hoyas looked pissed on Thursday (probably from all the chatter about how they always choke). Hoyas are playing with a chip on their shoulder.

I'm NOT a Blazers fan. I'm a Celtics fan. I'm a SEC fan. My teams are ALABAMA, SANITS, REDS, CELTICS. I'm also a DALE Jr. fan, and a TIGER WOODS fan. I love football, NASCAR and GOLF. I also fish and deer hunt. I love to pitch horseshoes also. I enjoy camping and sitting by a fire. I was born and raised in ALABAMA. I have lived here in Georgia since 1987.

I try not to let what I want, cloud over what will happen. I think NC State has a better shot to beat Villanova. I don't care for Kentucky but reality is reality. .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm NOT a Blazers fan. I'm a Celtics fan. I'm a SEC fan. My teams are ALABAMA, SANITS, REDS, CELTICS. I'm also a DALE Jr. fan, and a TIGER WOODS fan. I love football, NASCAR and GOLF. I also fish and deer hunt. I love to pitch horseshoes also. I enjoy camping and sitting by a fire. I was born and raised in ALABAMA. I have lived here in Georgia since 1987.

Love Bama football, Raiders, Mariners, Cubs, Trailblazers, Jeff Gordon. Tiger Woods is an asshole.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum List

Back