Marauding Bear Attacks Ship Captain - Bear Shot - Is this Animal Cruelty?

It is in the bear's nature to scavenge or hunt for food. It is in a Human's nature to resist being killed and or eaten.

What is there to argue about?
Well, as it turns out, humans developed sentience and reason and are no longer compelled at all times to act like an amoeba acting out its natural reaction to a stimulus.

Although I have never encountered a polar bear in my area, I understand they are quite large and eat meat, including human meat.
Therefore I would consider it quite reasonable to sentiently decide to shoot it, dead, and even a few more times to make sure.

maybe humans shouldn't be killing endangered species, trumpkin.

Sorry, not a trumpkin , that's your first dumb thing. If you don't see the second, well, you might just be dumb enough to be eaten by an endangered species. There is irony for ya!

It is in the bear's nature to scavenge or hunt for food. It is in a Human's nature to resist being killed and or eaten.

What is there to argue about?
Well, as it turns out, humans developed sentience and reason and are no longer compelled at all times to act like an amoeba acting out its natural reaction to a stimulus.

Although I have never encountered a polar bear in my area, I understand they are quite large and eat meat, including human meat.
Therefore I would consider it quite reasonable to sentiently decide to shoot it, dead, and even a few more times to make sure.

maybe humans shouldn't be killing endangered species, trumpkin.

How can it be an endangered species when its estimated numbers 28,000-31,000) in 2017, are at the highest since the estimated low (5,000) of the 1960's?

Jillian gives me a funny but NO reply to my factual statement about Polar Bear population changes, meanwhile their status is NOT rated endangered anyway. The current status is VULNERABLE, and that is misleading because it is based on their silly No Summer ice beliefs. The reality is that they INCREASED their population since they were rated vulnerable.

You have NOTHING to say.

Or you could use that sentience to first discern that encroaching on its territory and risking its life so that you can get a photo opportunity may be an unethical and even immoral choice.

Sorry, not a trumpkin , that's your first dumb thing. If you don't see the second, well, you might just be dumb enough to be eaten by an endangered species. There is irony for ya!
Perhaps if you didn’t thing it was ok to kill polar bears I wouldn’t think you were a trumpkin.

Now killing polar bears is stupid

Or you could use that sentience to first discern that encroaching on its territory and risking its life so that you can get a photo opportunity may be an unethical and even immoral choice.

I believe humans hold dominion over animals. I go where I want, animals look out for me, not the other way around.

You are going to overlook the fact that we encroach on ALL animal territories on the planet?.

I agree that good Stewardship should have priority everywhere we go, but humans are natural travelers to anyplace they can reach, it will never stop.

How did the bear get on the ship?

yogisgang425.jpg

I believe humans hold dominion over animals. I go where I want, animals look out for me, not the other way around.
Good for you. I hold no such delusion.

I would never harm an animal ... except at almost every meal...

Screen-Shot-2013-09-24-at-13.00.391.png
Cant harm something that is dead already...unless you overcook it, I guess...

It didn't die of old age.
How did it die? You don't know? Of course not...don't wanna get your hands dirty....

Forum List

Back