Marauding Bear Attacks Ship Captain - Bear Shot - Is this Animal Cruelty?

JBG

Liberal democrat
Jan 8, 2012
New York City area
Polar Bear Shot and Killed After Attacking Cruise Ship Guard

This is straight from a "Believe it Or Not" show, except it's true. A guard on ship cruising the Norwegian Arctic was attacked by a polar bear, causing moderate to severe head injuries. Another employee on the ship shot and killed the animal. Strong protests have broken out, with some questioning killing the bear for “acting like a wild animal.”.

Again, animals over people. How warped have peoples' values become? I would consider this a parody of the animal rights movement worthy of Jonathan Swift's Gulliver's Travels or Voltaire's Candide if it weren't true. So is the new slogan "animals are people too"? But it was a close call in New York State's highest Court: "NY's highest court rejects bid to grant chimps 'legal personhood.'"

Polar Bear Shot and Killed After Attacking Cruise Ship Guard

This is straight from a "Believe it Or Not" show, except it's true. A guard on ship cruising the Norwegian Arctic was attacked by a polar bear, causing moderate to severe head injuries. Another employee on the ship shot and killed the animal. Strong protests have broken out, with some questioning killing the bear for “acting like a wild animal.”.

Again, animals over people. How warped have peoples' values become? I would consider this a parody of the animal rights movement worthy of Jonathan Swift's Gulliver's Travels or Voltaire's Candide if it weren't true. So is the new slogan "animals are people too"? But it was a close call in New York State's highest Court: "NY's highest court rejects bid to grant chimps 'legal personhood.'"

I thought Polar Bears are nearly extinct?

:abgg2q.jpg:

I thought Polar Bears are nearly extinct?
Well that is an odd thing for a grown man to say. You can discern between your dreams while asleep and waking reality, right?

In what the rest of us call "reality", they are considered a "vulnerable" species, and their population and habitat are decreasing.

I once saw a squirrel attack a wind chime. It had somehow pissed him off, and the squirrel made it pay.

I am one of those you are insinuating. Dude was in the bears turf. Too bad the bear was shot.

No tourists had disembarked, Mr. Krause said, but four armed guards got off the vessel to inspect and secure the shore. The guards “are armed for safety reasons,” he added. “There are polar bears out there.”

Well duh. Why the FUCK did you stop where there are known polar bears trying to survive? Assholes.

Beach is marked WARNING. GREAT WHITES HERE. But you go in the water anyway. And get bit. So you shoot the shark.

DUH!!!!

Again, animals over people.
That's not accurate. Nobody is suggesting he should have rolled over and been killed. They are suggesting he should not have been there in the first place.
Support for preserving wildlife would evaporate quickly if people were barred from visiting wildlife-rich areas.
I see your point, yet we still have refuges where you have to stick to the main roads.

It is in the bear's nature to scavenge or hunt for food. It is in a Human's nature to resist being killed and or eaten.

What is there to argue about?
Well, as it turns out, humans developed sentience and reason and are no longer compelled at all times to act like an amoeba acting out its natural reaction to a stimulus.

Sailor..Polar Bear..Something doesn't add up here.

Mule deer hunter...Polar Bear, I'd understand that.

It is in the bear's nature to scavenge or hunt for food. It is in a Human's nature to resist being killed and or eaten.

What is there to argue about?
Well, as it turns out, humans developed sentience and reason and are no longer compelled at all times to act like an amoeba acting out its natural reaction to a stimulus.

Although I have never encountered a polar bear in my area, I understand they are quite large and eat meat, including human meat.
Therefore I would consider it quite reasonable to sentiently decide to shoot it, dead, and even a few more times to make sure.

Forum List

Back