Map Your Location

So... is there anything to be gained by doing this? What's the point?

Curiosity, a simple visual, Mars is aligning with Venus while intently watching Uranus. Pick a reason, any reason will do.

K... whatever... just wondered, since everyone has the chance to list their location to be displayed with every one of their posts. Just seemed redundant to me that's all.

Like Radio said, many people like the hard visual at their fingertips as opposed to having to visualize or look up each one on a map. It's kinda neat to be able to see everyone in a single glance, it provides a certain perspective. Also, do you know how many people would fail a geography test? Just of the USA....... :eek:

Hell, I'll put my entire address on here if everyone will send me a dollar once every month. If you include a self addressed stamped anvelope I'll even send you a Thank You note. You can also do a map search and use the birds eye view and see the place.

I'll do it, only if you agree that the thank you notes are the ones by hallmark.

(and cost at least $2.50 per....)

That would include a handleing and prossesing fee of $5.oo.

The THANK YOU note is mass prossesed but it is personally signed my yours truly.

Curiosity, a simple visual, Mars is aligning with Venus while intently watching Uranus. Pick a reason, any reason will do.

K... whatever... just wondered, since everyone has the chance to list their location to be displayed with every one of their posts. Just seemed redundant to me that's all.

Like Radio said, many people like the hard visual at their fingertips as opposed to having to visualize or look up each one on a map. It's kinda neat to be able to see everyone in a single glance, it provides a certain perspective. Also, do you know how many people would fail a geography test? Just of the USA....... :eek:

You've certainly got a point there.

In a case like mine though, I live in such a small town, and I mean small, that if I gave out the zip code, all it would take is for anyone to come here and ask just about anyone where I lived and there you'd have it. I can't hide like someone in a big city can, so as neat as this may be, I'm going to have to decline.

I went through my Friends List and suggested that they get on the map.

Its a good thing I'm not entering anyone onto the map....I'd put Truthmatters in Siberia.

In a case like mine though, I live in such a small town, and I mean small, that if I gave out the zip code, all it would take is for anyone to come here and ask just about anyone where I lived and there you'd have it. I can't hide like someone in a big city can, so as neat as this may be, I'm going to have to decline.

About Pale Rider

You could simply pick the nearest city...jeeze

No problem.

But just an FYI, you can say NW Minnesota or something. I am trying to pick state parks or public lands in that case, to lessen the chances even more of even accidentally picking the right town.

No problem.

But just an FYI, you can say NW Minnesota or something. I am trying to pick state parks or public lands in that case, to lessen the chances even more of even accidentally picking the right town.

Nah, Pale Rider is In the US Federal Witness Protection Program:rolleyes:

No problem.

Nah, Pale Rider is In the US Federal Witness Protection Program:rolleyes:

Right, and my real name is "Pale Rider."

No problem.

Nearest "city" to me is Madison, Wisconsin... if you want to put me there.

No problem.

Nearest "city" to me is Madison, Wisconsin... if you want to put me there.

OK, fair enough.

Forum List

Back