Many Republicans Want an Unconstrained President

Lefty lunatics blaming Trump for Biden's actions. Again.
Most Republicans are big government authoritarians.

The unitary executive/Imperial President is fundamentally conservative; an all-powerful, unrestrained despot unchecked by Congress, the courts, or the Constitution.

One of countless reasons why Republicans are unfit to govern.

Nearly half of Republicans polled want a quasi-elected dictator or monarch, according to a recent poll. They feel a president should be able to operate with little interference from the courts or Congress, or in other words, the very checks and balances that keep us from being a dictatorship. 47% of Republicans who agreed with the minimal checks and balances statement are also supporting Trump for president. They would feel very differently, of course, were it Obama or Biden.

This is who MAGA is.

^^^Says the guy who cheered for Biden's executive authority-created "student loan forgiveness", vaccine mandates, private business closures, two wars, and hundreds of billions of dollars in "aid" no one voted for.

lol

Yep. It's worse and worse every time we fall for the lesser-of-two-evils scam.

You think it makes sense to support or vote for the worst possible candidate? Or not vote at all and let everyone else decide?

What we have here IMHO is an outgrowth of identity politics that has gotten so bad that each side wants total control over everything. I ain't believing the democrats didn't want unconstrained control over the gov't when they tried to abolish the filibuster and the electoral college and switch to a popular vote.

Nearly half of Republicans polled want a quasi-elected dictator or monarch, according to a recent poll. They feel a president should be able to operate with little interference from the courts or Congress, or in other words, the very checks and balances that keep us from being a dictatorship. 47% of Republicans who agreed with the minimal checks and balances statement are also supporting Trump for president. They would feel very differently, of course, were it Obama or Biden.

This is who MAGA is.

Wrong, dipshit. What we want (and if you weren’t such an abysmal hack, even you would want this) is that the President be free to make the tough calls within his official purview without having to worry about a successor President persecuting him in court.

Scott Brown, pre-election, was not very conservative. You all would hate him more than you do Susan Collins.
That could be ... but I don't hate Susan Collins. I understand that she represents a more liberal voting base... and that means she has to do things I don't agree with.

Y'all should have taken a page out of that book with Manchin and Sinema instead of dicking them over.

This is who MAGA is.

MSN?
I'd fully expect them to just take their liberal dingbat audience's word that they are republicans who want a dictator. Your critical thinking skills blow.

Forum List

Back