Many hunters use AR15s...

Your crazy scenario is my way of life. You don't live my life. THUS you don't get to dictate my response to danger and threats.

Rioters and looters are pretty smart about guns. If they see a double barreled shotgun they know their odds versus a 20 round magazine hanging out of an awesome looking rifle. If you want the "cockroach effect" and NOT confrontation --- the nastier the better. Actually SAVES lives in terms of deterence. Same as the nuclear overkill calculations.

In Cali -- BECAUSE they protected mountain lions from hunters, they were invading the hills of the Bay Area where I lived. Spotted them in the parks where I walked with my dogs. My daughter was BANNED from a friend's house that bordered on these parks after an incident where the kids had to flee the yard. ALL of these areas had ample signs posted WARNING of the presence of mountain lions. You're simply wrong. And you don't get to dictate my preparedness to defend myself, my pets, my family...

Mountain lion eats deer in San Mateo neighborhood

That's the problem with leftist busybodies. They make assumptions about what folks NEED and use the power of govt to dictate that as law.

Bear repellent spray will work on mountain lions just as well as they do bears. You don't need to carry an AR-15 to defend yourself. You're right, I don't live your life. Just like you don't live the life of a family member of a person who has been killed in a mass shooting.
Bear spray range: 5 meters.
AR-15 range: 300+ meters.
You: retarded.

Of course he's expect that when the police arrive AFTER the mauling, they would run at the lion with a can of Bearspray that Lewdog tossed to them..

THIS from the same folks that refuse to allow women to carry pepper spray for self-defense in Marxist California..
What do you mean after the mauling? Are you implying he's intelligent enough to figure out that police response time is generally greater than the time between you spotting a mountain lion charging at you and a mountain lion mauling you?
Fucking stupid. About 14 attacks per year in the US.

Mountain Lion Attacks On People in the U.S. and Canada

You are far more likely to be attacked by your neighbors dog than a mountain lion.
Good point. One more reason to carry!
Real shitfaced reason to be carrying a weapon of war. A .357 revolver would be much more useful in a situation like that.
What's this "weapon of war" crap? Is "assault weapon" too cliché these days?

Your crazy scenario is my way of life. You don't live my life. THUS you don't get to dictate my response to danger and threats.

Rioters and looters are pretty smart about guns. If they see a double barreled shotgun they know their odds versus a 20 round magazine hanging out of an awesome looking rifle. If you want the "cockroach effect" and NOT confrontation --- the nastier the better. Actually SAVES lives in terms of deterence. Same as the nuclear overkill calculations.

In Cali -- BECAUSE they protected mountain lions from hunters, they were invading the hills of the Bay Area where I lived. Spotted them in the parks where I walked with my dogs. My daughter was BANNED from a friend's house that bordered on these parks after an incident where the kids had to flee the yard. ALL of these areas had ample signs posted WARNING of the presence of mountain lions. You're simply wrong. And you don't get to dictate my preparedness to defend myself, my pets, my family...

That's the problem with leftist busybodies. They make assumptions about what folks NEED and use the power of govt to dictate that as law.

Bear repellent spray will work on mountain lions just as well as they do bears. You don't need to carry an AR-15 to defend yourself. You're right, I don't live your life. Just like you don't live the life of a family member of a person who has been killed in a mass shooting.

Of course he's expect that when the police arrive AFTER the mauling, they would run at the lion with a can of Bearspray that Lewdog tossed to them..

THIS from the same folks that refuse to allow women to carry pepper spray for self-defense in Marxist California..
What do you mean after the mauling? Are you implying he's intelligent enough to figure out that police response time is generally greater than the time between you spotting a mountain lion charging at you and a mountain lion mauling you?

You are far more likely to be attacked by your neighbors dog than a mountain lion. Real shitfaced reason to be carrying a weapon of war. A .357 revolver would be much more useful in a situation like that.

See here's the issue. People can sit here online and come up with all kinds of crazy scenarios to say that we need to be able to buy AR-15's, but you and I know these same people wouldn't give these kind of crazy ass stories to the face of a person who lost a loved one to a mass shooter who used one of these weapons.

Actually I do.. I don't NEED to take risks with MY self-defense and safety because you have a phobia about guns.. I am NOT a criminal or a psycho as you seem to have suggested. Neither is the retired black teacher lady in the hood who's house has been robbed 3 times already...

I don't have a phobia about guns. I have a phobia about people who use guns to shoot up schools, churches, and other events. The fact you had to come up with some crazy scenario about walking your dog out in the middle of nowhere and getting attacked by bunch of mountain lions proves that. Not to mention, you thinking you're going to have to deal with a riot. Even if you did, as soon as you pulled out a gun they would run and hide like cockroaches after turning on a light.

Fuck.. The sense of self-preservation has bred completely out of the modern day leftist.. Bearspray?? With your kid in imminent danger? Go fuck with someone else...

Get the govt to live up to the UNREAL impossible high esteem that you leftists imagine they operate in. And REALIZE that even the massive amount of current regulation and investigation are ALREADY beyond their ability to manage and operate.. THEY blew the chance to prevent those deaths. Just as THEY blew it in 7 out of 10 of the last mass shootings. They are inept and unmotivated to do better.

Too busy using the FBI and Intel resources to prank their political opposition and cover up their treason to worry about crap kids with obvious killing potential..

Now a kid is involved? Your story evolves more than a choose your own adventure book.

:abgg2q.jpg:

Holy shit...what's next? A damsel in distress?
Yes, some people have kids. Who do you think shit you out?

Actually I do.. I don't NEED to take risks with MY self-defense and safety because you have a phobia about guns.. I am NOT a criminal or a psycho as you seem to have suggested. Neither is the retired black teacher lady in the hood who's house has been robbed 3 times already...

I don't have a phobia about guns. I have a phobia about people who use guns to shoot up schools, churches, and other events. The fact you had to come up with some crazy scenario about walking your dog out in the middle of nowhere and getting attacked by bunch of mountain lions proves that. Not to mention, you thinking you're going to have to deal with a riot. Even if you did, as soon as you pulled out a gun they would run and hide like cockroaches after turning on a light.

Fuck.. The sense of self-preservation has bred completely out of the modern day leftist.. Bearspray?? With your kid in imminent danger? Go fuck with someone else...

Get the govt to live up to the UNREAL impossible high esteem that you leftists imagine they operate in. And REALIZE that even the massive amount of current regulation and investigation are ALREADY beyond their ability to manage and operate.. THEY blew the chance to prevent those deaths. Just as THEY blew it in 7 out of 10 of the last mass shootings. They are inept and unmotivated to do better.

Too busy using the FBI and Intel resources to prank their political opposition and cover up their treason to worry about crap kids with obvious killing potential..

Now a kid is involved? Your story evolves more than a choose your own adventure book.

Another reason leftists should be on the "No Buy" list.. They think this is a joke..

You are far more likely to be attacked by your neighbors dog than a mountain lion. Real shitfaced reason to be carrying a weapon of war. A .357 revolver would be much more useful in a situation like that.

See here's the issue. People can sit here online and come up with all kinds of crazy scenarios to say that we need to be able to buy AR-15's, but you and I know these same people wouldn't give these kind of crazy ass stories to the face of a person who lost a loved one to a mass shooter who used one of these weapons.
It happened so it's crazy?

Yeah and his original scenario had nothing to do with a kid, thus why my reply. Is that too difficult for you to understand?

You're confusing violent criminals with folks who take responsibility for minimizing risks in their personal defense or use guns for sport/pleasure. Your issue is primarily a crime/social decay issue. I'll make several concessions towards reducing mass shootings. But NONE of them involve compromising MY rights or my choice of tools.

Another reason leftists should be on the "No Buy" list.. They think this is a joke..

Oh good grief, are you trying to win an academy award for lead actor in a drama? It is a joke when you come up with some crazy scenario and then continue to add to it.

I KNOW what guns can do. I don't fear guns, I RESPECT what they can do. What I do fear is what they can do in the hands of people that want to cause others harm... and when guns that are made to kill and do maximum damage are easy to get...

In North America in the last 120 years 20 people in North America have been killed by a mountain lion. 17 people were killed in one day this year on Valentines day.

Yeah and his original scenario had nothing to do with a kid, thus why my reply. Is that too difficult for you to understand?
You implied his scenario was unreasonable/damsel-in-distress/storybook-like because of the presence of a kid. I pointed out that everyone, even you, was a kid at some point, so there's nothing that unreasonable about it. Is that too difficult for you to understand?

You're confusing violent criminals with folks who take responsibility for minimizing risks in their personal defense or use guns for sport/pleasure. Your issue is primarily a crime/social decay issue. I'll make several concessions towards reducing mass shootings. But NONE of them involve compromising MY rights or my choice of tools.

Wow... I'm so glad you don't want people to lose access to a gun for sport and pleasure... that can kill lots of people if it gets in the hands of just one person with other motives.

You implied his scenario was unreasonable/damsel-in-distress/storybook-like because of the presence of a kid. I pointed out that everyone, even you, was a kid at some point, so there's nothing that unreasonable about it. Is that too difficult for you to understand?

No, I said that because his story is suddenly evolving form what he originally stated. Try to keep up.

I keep hearing this talking point...AR15s aren't good for hunting. This talking point is patently false. It is advanced by people who know nothing about guns or hunting. AR15s are accurate, in a hunting caliber, easy to work on, and simple to customize. They will eventually supplant the bolt action rifle in the same way the bolt action rifle supplanted the lever action rifle and the lever action rifle supplanted the single shot.

Link to list of Youtube AR-15 Hunting Videos

You’re right. I am a hunter and have never seem any hunt with an AR. But then again, I have never heard the claim from a hunter that ARs are good hunting guns. I did hear a straw man say it a few times tho.

Oh good grief, are you trying to win an academy award for lead actor in a drama? It is a joke when you come up with some crazy scenario and then continue to add to it.
Real crazy! A kid? I was hatched an adult from a test tube! Don't know any people born the old fashioned way...

No, I said that because his story is suddenly evolving form what he originally stated. Try to keep up.
Everyone knows what you said and the implications thereof, you fucking clown!

what's next? A damsel in distress?
a joke when you come up with some crazy scenario

I KNOW what guns can do. I don't fear guns, I RESPECT what they can do. What I do fear is what they can do in the hands of people that want to cause others harm... and when guns that are made to kill and do maximum damage are easy to get...

In North America in the last 120 years 20 people in North America have been killed by a mountain lion. 17 people were killed in one day this year on Valentines day.

Funny thing about tossing statistics like weapons... They aren't as lethal as most people think.

One possible CAUSE of the low lion mortality rate is that where they live -- folks are heavily armed usually. And the DETERRENT effect is important. It's NOT just mountain lions. Only things I've ever killed with a rifle was one rabid skunk and 2 rattlesnakes. BOTH in places they shouldn't have been.

Coyotes or bobcats going after my dog or cats would be a fairly common occurence around here. And the list goes on. Besides, I need to protect my still up in yonder woods.. :lmao:Don't really owe you an explanation tho..

What an AR-15 Can Do to the Human Body
What can a shotgun do to the human body? They sell those in semi-auto, by the way.

Your ignorance is painful to watch.
How many rounds do those semi auto shotguns hold, dummy? Ands why haven't the majority of mass killers used shotguns if they are just as deadly as the AR 15, arsehole?
It’s obvious you know nothing of firearms. Lol
I wasn't giving a lesson on firearms...i was noting the preference mass shooters have for
the AR type rifles.. And i did spend more than 20 years in the Army, with about 8 years in a combat unit. The knowledge of experts who wrote the Field Manuals was imparted religiously to me. That. M16 a2 FM was the bible .
Now there was nothing in those hallowed pages that showed loading and priming cartridges. The book simply showed how to breakdown and maintain the weapon.also included were the specifications such as rate of fire on full auto and effective range.
That was all i needed to know.
Well, you should know then an ar15 is just a pretender... you know a m16/m-4 wanna be...
The AR 15 is semi- automatic while the m16/ m4 or sig Sauer can be switched to fully automatic. But the high velocity round of the AR15 is just as deadly. It can pierce up to level 3 body armor.

"Now widely cited by backcountry-area risk managers, wildlife biologists, and bear experts, the study further concluded that bear spray has a better success rate than firearms at neutralizing a bear encounter, and that spray is also less likely than firearms to cause collateral damage to humans or other animals."

What's the Best Defense Against Bears: Firearms or Pepper Spray?
Good thing a mountain lion is not the same thing as a bear.

Also:

suffered the same injury rates in close encounters with bears whether they used their firearms or not.

An AR-15 let's you attack from a distance, as has been pointed out.

Funny thing about tossing statistics like weapons... They aren't as lethal as most people think.

One possible CAUSE of the low lion mortality rate is that where they live -- folks are heavily armed usually. And the DETERRENT effect is important. It's NOT just mountain lions. Only things I've ever killed with a rifle was one rabid skunk and 2 rattlesnakes. BOTH in places they shouldn't have been.

Coyotes or bobcats going after my dog or cats would be a fairly common occurence around here. And the list goes on. Besides, I need to protect my still up in yonder woods.. :lmao:Don't really owe you an explanation tho..

If they are going after your dogs, then you have plenty of time to take off your gloves to shot them.

Let's make something very clear here. I'm not someone that has never shot a gun before.

I've had basic, advanced, and tactical gun training with hand guns, shotguns, and rifles. I've trained on how to clear vehicles, clear rooms, do dynamic room entires with flash bangs, and escapee recovery... all part of my SRT training. So this bullshit you two keep spewing that I have a phobia of guns is nothing but bullshit. You just can't stand that someone who has shot guns feels that we need better gun control laws.

But if it makes you feel better, keep writing your fictional "what if" posts, and we'll compare them to actual events that have occurred like the one in Parkland.

Forum List

Back