Many hunters use AR15s...

I keep hearing this talking point...AR15s aren't good for hunting. This talking point is patently false. It is advanced by people who know nothing about guns or hunting. AR15s are accurate, in a hunting caliber, easy to work on, and simple to customize. They will eventually supplant the bolt action rifle in the same way the bolt action rifle supplanted the lever action rifle and the lever action rifle supplanted the single shot.

Link to list of Youtube AR-15 Hunting Videos

Yes, and many people used cocaine for tooth aches when it was legal to do that.
It's not illegal to hunt with an AR.

It's illegal to hunt deer with one.

I keep hearing this talking point...AR15s aren't good for hunting. This talking point is patently false. It is advanced by people who know nothing about guns or hunting. AR15s are accurate, in a hunting caliber, easy to work on, and simple to customize. They will eventually supplant the bolt action rifle in the same way the bolt action rifle supplanted the lever action rifle and the lever action rifle supplanted the single shot.

Texas allows deer hunting with the .223 round, and I think as long as you use a 5 round mag or less any rifle is good.

Texas allows deer hunting with the .223 round, and I think as long as you use a 5 round mag or less any rifle is good.
Missouri too. Any centerfire rifle round...self-loading rifles are limited to 11 round total capacity.

Just another hole in the anti-gun liberals' argument. In other words, not that important, since the retarded liberals had a colander of an argument even before this.
The second amendment is about more than hunting. nt is about having weaopons that can stand up against a tyranical government. I do not even care about the hunter argument. I would not use that rifle for much more than hunting people but that is what the constitution is about. The ability to stand against an unjust military and for self defense against criminals! Why do we forget this. It is an in case the shit hits the fan amendment. We put it in theeir because we realize people succumb to greed and power. It is going to happen and it would be nice not to be totally hepless in worst case senario.

Just another hole in the anti-gun liberals' argument. In other words, not that important, since the retarded liberals had a colander of an argument even before this.
The second amendment is about more than hunting. nt is about having weaopons that can stand up against a tyranical government. I do not even care about the hunter argument. I would not use that rifle for much more than hunting people but that is what the constitution is about. The ability to stand against an unjust military and for self defense against criminals! Why do we forget this. It is an in case the shit hits the fan amendment. We put it in theeir because we realize people succumb to greed and power. It is going to happen and it would be nice not to be totally hepless in worst case senario.

Nobody wants your gun.

But the self defense argument is bunk.

The idea is that in lieu of a standing army, an armed populace could be called upon to defend the nation in the event of foreign invasion. Simple stuff if you want to grasp it. More difficult if your agenda gets in the way.

Last edited:
To be honest with you, that round .223 or the 5.56 isn't good for hunting people either (as has been pointed out already) It is a great round for wounding people. Just look at the consideration that goes into selecting special hunting rounds for this diminutive caliber. Hornady makes some decent rounds with plastic tips that act like a wedge expanding and fragmenting the bullet. It's still a poor round for deer and humans - to be humane one really has to be way more precise than just aiming for the "bread basket" area on a deer or center mass of a human.

I'm sure most gun nuts NEED 30 shots to kill a deer.

And here is another one.

My deer rifle will accept a 30 round magazine, and it is bolt action. Mossberg MVP 308.

My bolt action shotgun takes a detachable magazine as well, up to 10 rounds of 12 gauge. Marlin Model 55.

Look them up

So please, feel free to continue to display your ignorance, but read the rest of the thread while you're here.
If you need 30 rounds to get one deer, you should go back to the practice range for a little practice, dude.

And here is another one.

My deer rifle will accept a 30 round magazine, and it is bolt action. Mossberg MVP 308.

My bolt action shotgun takes a detachable magazine as well, up to 10 rounds of 12 gauge. Marlin Model 55.

Look them up

So please, feel free to continue to display your ignorance, but read the rest of the thread while you're here.
If you need 30 rounds to get one deer, you should go back to the practice range for a little practice, dude.
Or don't take questionable shots in the first place; a given shot with a .338 federal is not tantamount to that same shot with a .223

To be honest with you, that round .223 or the 5.56 isn't good for hunting people either (as has been pointed out already) It is a great round for wounding people. Just look at the consideration that goes into selecting special hunting rounds for this diminutive caliber. Hornady makes some decent rounds with plastic tips that act like a wedge expanding and fragmenting the bullet. It's still a poor round for deer and humans - to be humane one really has to be way more precise than just aiming for the "bread basket" area on a deer or center mass of a human.
How did Cruz manage to kill 17 and injure only 14? Seems the bullets and the weapon did their job just fine.

And here is another one.

Look them up

You remark shows how little you know about firearms or hunting. 30 round mags are not allowed for hunting, nor would any deer worth his weight in deer corn stand around after the 1st round was fired. lol.

How did Cruz manage to kill 17 and injure only 14? Seems the bullets and the weapon did their job just fine.
That's not exactly a stellar ratio when talking about one shot one kill... aka humane kills (as morbid as that sounds in this particular circumstance) Though it's a higher ratio than some other mass casualty shootings with that round and weapon.

"Now widely cited by backcountry-area risk managers, wildlife biologists, and bear experts, the study further concluded that bear spray has a better success rate than firearms at neutralizing a bear encounter, and that spray is also less likely than firearms to cause collateral damage to humans or other animals."

What's the Best Defense Against Bears: Firearms or Pepper Spray?
Good thing a mountain lion is not the same thing as a bear.

Also:

suffered the same injury rates in close encounters with bears whether they used their firearms or not.

An AR-15 let's you attack from a distance, as has been pointed out.

If you get attacked by a mountain lion, you aren't going to see it from a distance.
A mountain lion isn't a fucking ant! You can see one coming from more than 5 meters away, unless you're legally blind.

Maybe you should just stop posting. You are obviously clueless when it comes to guns.

Quite simply youre morbidly ill informed and/or lying your ass off...

House Democrats introduce bill prohibiting sale of semi-automatic weapons

Includes several other measures that would make gun ownership a right for the RICH only..

oh, really...? surely you can quote the supposed lie in my post, then.

regulation of gun ownership is not taking away your right to defend yourself.

get a grip, liar.

Go buy some "Bear Spray" from LewDog and test it...
That's what HE wants me to use to defend against Mountain Lions.

Keep perpetuating that line. Chances are higher that you or someone you love or are friends with will be involved in a mass shooting than killed by a mountain lion.

"Now widely cited by backcountry-area risk managers, wildlife biologists, and bear experts, the study further concluded that bear spray has a better success rate than firearms at neutralizing a bear encounter, and that spray is also less likely than firearms to cause collateral damage to humans or other animals."

Also:

suffered the same injury rates in close encounters with bears whether they used their firearms or not.

If you get attacked by a mountain lion, you aren't going to see it from a distance.
A mountain lion isn't a fucking ant! You can see one coming from more than 5 meters away, unless you're legally blind.

Maybe you should just stop posting. You are obviously clueless when it comes to guns.

A mountain lion stalks its prey and will smell you coming LONG before you'd ever see it.

You have NO FUCKING CLUE what you are talking about in the very least bit.

Includes several other measures that would make gun ownership a right for the RICH only..

get a grip, liar.

Keep perpetuating that line. Chances are higher that you or someone you love or are friends with will be involved in a mass shooting than killed by a mountain lion.

There's at least 8 things that can kill me in the woods around here. I don't think you're right. Got coyotes and bobcat all the time in my yard. And I AIN'T going after a rabid skunk with "bearspray" in a 20 mph headwind like YOU would --- superhero....

Also:

A mountain lion stalks its prey and will smell you coming LONG before you'd ever see it.

I've got 1/40th of the chance of house damage from seismic here in Tenn than I had in Cali --- But I TOOK the earthquake policy. Do I NEED your permission to be prepared with the right tool? Nope..

Let's make something very clear here. I'm not someone that has never shot a gun before.
That's too bad. It was the only remotely redeeming explanation of your ignorance regarding guns.
I've had basic, advanced, and tactical gun training with hand guns, shotguns, and rifles. I've trained on how to clear vehicles, clear rooms, do dynamic room entires with flash bangs, and escapee recovery... all part of my SRT training. So this bullshit you two keep spewing that I have a phobia of guns is nothing but bullshit. You just can't stand that someone who has shot guns feels that we need better gun control laws.

But if it makes you feel better, keep writing your fictional "what if" posts, and we'll compare them to actual events that have occurred like the one in Parkland.
Right, it's less phobia, and more downright retardation.

Also:

Wonderful, but how the fuck is his sense of smell supposed to stop me from shooting and killing him? Will it make him:

A. Invisible to my sense of sight
B. Allow him to teleport from 300 meters away from me to 0 meters away from me in an instant
C. Make him bullet-resistant
or
D. You're a god damned retard?

I'll go with D.

Last edited:

get a grip, liar.

There's at least 8 things that can kill me in the woods around here. I don't think you're right. Got coyotes and bobcat all the time in my yard. And I AIN'T going after a rabid skunk with "bearspray" in a 20 mph headwind like YOU would --- superhero....

Oh, now you are worried about a rabid skunk.

This is starting to sound like a Dr. Seuss book!

Let's make something very clear here. I'm not someone that has never shot a gun before.
That's too bad. It was the only remotely redeeming explanation of your ignorance regarding guns.
I've had basic, advanced, and tactical gun training with hand guns, shotguns, and rifles. I've trained on how to clear vehicles, clear rooms, do dynamic room entires with flash bangs, and escapee recovery... all part of my SRT training. So this bullshit you two keep spewing that I have a phobia of guns is nothing but bullshit. You just can't stand that someone who has shot guns feels that we need better gun control laws.

But if it makes you feel better, keep writing your fictional "what if" posts, and we'll compare them to actual events that have occurred like the one in Parkland.
Right, it's less phobia, and more downright retardation.

Also:

Wonderful, but how the fuck is his sense of smell supposed to stop me from shooting and killing him? Will it make him:

A. Invisible to my sense of sight
B. Allow him to teleport from 300 meters away from me to 0 meters away from me in an instant
C. Make him bullet-resistant
or
D. You're a god damned retard?

I'll go with D.

IF a mountain lion wanted to attack you, YOU wouldn't see it coming as it would stalk you. It would smell you coming long before you ever knew it was there... and they don't fucking sit out in the open.

Just keep talking, your retardation is actually enjoyable.

get a grip, liar.

Oh, now you are worried about a rabid skunk.

This is starting to sound like a Dr. Seuss book!

Why are all these safety threats different to you? For me -- you simply use the same approach, skills, and tool. The one you want to try and deny me..

YOU on the other hand --- have a VERY COMPLICATED personal defense plan that fail in HUNDREDS of actual real world cases. You should simplify. And realize that 9-1-1 is NOT your best option in a large number of cases.

Forum List

Back